• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What starter do you like all three evolutions of

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
it seems that Pokémon fans go for a starter because of it's type or just to get the final evolution of a specific starter... I chose Oshawott because I like Samurott so much IDAF really about Oshawott or Dewott, all I cared about was Samurott. for Kalos I liked Fennekin and Delphox but hate Braxian. but I like all three of the Chikorita line. Chikorita, Bayleef & Meganium, I liked all three.

what starter do you like all three Pokémon for?

Sirfetch’d

Hmm this is a tough one tbh. I think the middle evolutions are often forgotten about and looked down upon for most of the starter lines. I know this is the case for me as usually the middle evolution doesn't always stand out as much as the other 2 forms. If I were to pick a line where I like all 3 about equally it would definitely be the Treecko, Grovyle, and Sceptile family. I think all 3 are really unique, strong, fast, and well designed. I also really like all 3 Pokemon in the Squirtle family because of having great memories with them on my very first Pokemon game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Probably Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard. Charmander is extremely cute, and would be quite comfortable to snuggle with due to its small, soft body. (: It's got flames on its tails, though, so you always have to be careful when you're near it—you could get your clothes burned and cause major damage to yourself. Charmeleon, it doesn't look too bad, either. Its color scheme is a mixture of khaki and dark red, which is sort of different than Charmander and Charizard. As for Charizard, I absolutely love its design! Its wings are big, it's got long, heavy tail, and its fangs are quite sharp. These make it look pretty intimidating. Also, Charizard's got not one, but two mega-evolution forms. That, if you ask me, is awesome! Competitively, these Pokémon aren't bad at all. They have enough strength to defeat almost any Pokémon in their respective tiers.

S3venAces

Amateur Pixel Artist
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
This is somewhat difficult, but I'm going to have to say it's a tie for me between the Squirtle and Mudkip families.

Years
I had to think harder about this than I would like to admit, but many of the starter Pokemon I like, I only like 2 of their three evolutions (Piplup/Empoleon and Chespin/Quilladin came to mind right away).

After I did think about it though, I do like all of the evolutions in both the Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise and Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile lines. And to be perfectly honest, it's only been in recent years that I've actually come around to liking Squirtle and family, whereas Treecko I liked from day one.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I'd also have to go with the Charmander family, for the same reasons as Perdition Haze. Maybe being the first starter I ever had also has something to do with it, but in a nutshell, Charmander is adorable, Charmeleon's probably one of the coolest looking middle starter evolutions, and Charizard's just badass, even at its surprisingly small 5'7" stature.

Following that would be the Cyndaquil line and Chikorita line. I always had a tough time choosing between them in G/S/C and HG/SS.

DanteSolablood

Internet Celebrity
Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
I absol... I mean absolutely love all of Chimchar's evolutions, while his starting fire monkey is maybe a bit too simple, it's still cute enough to stand next to any other starter throughout the games history & not look out of place. Infernape however is just a beast, with those burning locks & it's dragonball like furr jacket, it really does look like it was built for battle.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
The Charmander line really stands out to me. All three of them are really cool.

Actually, thinking about it, I like all three evolutions of all three of the Kanto starters :)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
There are three different starters (from 3 different generations) where I love all 3 of it's evolutions, at times its hard to decide whether to make them evolve all the way or keep the 2nd evolution, or just keep them the way they are.

First one that I know comes to mind is Oshawott. I love otters so to me wouldn't matter if I kept it as Oshawott all the time, from the 3 I love Dewott the most, but still love Samurott. Love their designs so much [can't wait to transfer one to a future X or Y team]

The other one is Fennekin, I fell in love with it when I first used it in November, with my Y team. At first I didn't want to give it a chance... but I did, and really loved it. When it evolves to Braixen - loved it's design and animation it does. When it finally became Delphox, that voice really got to me.

The last one is with Cyndaquil. It's cute the way it is, many times I had trouble deciding to evolve or not. My favorite of it's evo's is Quilava, just love the design, part weasel/part echidna! As Typhlosion, it just went very high on my favorites!!

Years
The first three fire-type starter families (Charmander and up, Cyndaquil and up, Torchic and up). I love me some fire types.

Middle evolutions aren't always exciting for me. I usually see them as a stepping stone between the first stage, and the third stage that I'm working for. But Charmeleon, Quilava (especially Quilava), and Combusken are all badass looking, and I enjoy using them.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Treecko - Treecko is cute and athletic, and has an adorable voice in the anime. Grovyle is a great character in the anime and in PMD: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, and it gets Leaf Blade, one of the best Grass-type moves ever. And Sceptile has an awesome Speed stat of 120. But overall, the entire line has been designed with lots of effort.

Mudkip - Mudkip is one of the most adorable Pokemon ever, and it's plushie is one of my favourites. Marshtomp deserves props for being the cutest midway evolved starter since Bayleef. As for Swampert... Awesome design, great typing, great stats, and very fun to use in-game.

Froakie - Froakie was always my favourite Kalos starter, ever since I saw it for the first time. In my opinion, it's also the cutest Kalos starter, especially in Pokemon-Amie! When Frogadier was introduced, I became even more excited to use the Water starter. In Pokemon Y, it was the most badass Pokemon on my team, especially when it evolved into Greninja. Gotta love those epic frogs <3

I also like the lines of Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Torchic, Snivy, and Fennekin. However, I only felt like explaining the most notable ones :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I believe Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Snivy are the only starters that I LOVE all the evolutions for. No matter what form they are while I train them, I really like all of them.

For contrast, when I train a Torchic I tend to leave it as Torchic until a few levels before it would be able to evolve into Blaziken before I let it evolve. Similarily, I've never trained a Treecko before but if I did, I would hate it the whole time it was a Treecko, be ecstatic while it was a Grovyle, and then be really hesitant to let it evolve past that. There's at least one form of each of the other starters that I'm just not a fan of. :(

Years
I love all evolution stages of the Kalos and Unova starters, and also Piplup and Chimchar's lines. Yeah I seem to have newer gen preference if this is anything to go by, but it's just that a lot of the recent generations seem to have made cooler designs, notably with the Water-type starters.

My faves of all time would have to be Oshawott and Froakie's lines. They nailed the respective samurai and ninja themes well!

Back