• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Well I'm Sring for a shiny Darkrai now that I got to the event. I'll have three Darkrai one shiny target and I don't know about the other 2.

2nd Gen. shiny Golbat

3rd gen. shiny Tentacool

4th gen radar Seviper non Radar Palkia

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
What was your very first shiny for the 2nd, 3rd, and/or 4th Generation?

Ages ago when i first got pokemon silver i had an action replay, and i'd added a shiny code into that without knowing what shiny pokemon where, all i knew was that the cheat sounded pretty cool, so i'd be playing through silver and encountering shiny after shiny but still not knowing what they were, i didn't catch any though.

But my very first shiny was a shiny hoothoot on crystal, i'd had to get a new copy of crystal due to my first copy messing up all of a sudden (it erased the save file and wouldn't save a new one) and about 30 minutes into the game, just after i'd gotten pokeballs i bumped into a shiny hoothoot, but i don't know whats happened to it since, i looked on my crystal game one day and it was gone, and i couldn't find it on stadium 2 either.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
2nd gen. venonat,at that time i didnt know what shinies where but i still caught it because back then i thought it "glowed" lol
3rd gen. none i know sad =[
4th gen. a freaking bidoof =O

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
2nd gen. None. I never played them much.
3rd gen. A shiny Golbat which I accidently ran from instead of going to my bag.
4th gen. Oddish which I still have. My first ever caught shiny.

No new shinies for me. Will get on it as soon as Phoenix wright is completed. On the last case so should finish it tonight. I will cary on my SRing on Torchic and move infront of Regigigas to SR for him aswell.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Okay, my turn!

2nd Gen: Rapidash! I didn't know what shinies were back then, but sure did it look awesome. I caught it at Mt. Silver on my Silver version, but I lost it like seven years ago.

3rd Gen: Wingull...yeah, a lame shiny, but I still like it. I caught it on the route to the east of Lilycove sometime in 2003. I didn't know what shinies were back then, either.

4th Gen: Starly! Except it was the uncatchable one that you fight at the beginning of the game. =[ Of course, I was quite angry, for I was soft resetting for a shiny Chimchar, but the very next day, I got my prize. :)

That's it for me!

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Congratulations to everyone who has gotten new Shinies!! :D

[...]

Edit: I have a question for everyone:

What was your very first shiny for the 2nd, 3rd, and/or 4th Generation?

I'm curious to seee what your answers are. ^^

Generation II: A Sentret (managed to get one already in Diamond, as my Silver erased itself along with both my Shiny Magikarp and Gyarados)!!

Generation III: An Oddish (traded it to TwilightBlade)!!

Generation IV: An adorable Budew (she's a Roselia right now)!! :D

I also got a Darkrai (on Saturday)!! I was so happy, being my first Event that I attended and Event Pokemon I got myself!! :D Its Nature is Rash, and it never occured to me to Soft-Reset it for a Shiny because 1) Didn't know you could've and 2) I don't really like Shiny Legendaries (with the exception of few; Black Rayquaza, for example)!! Still nothing new on my Charmander Egg hunt... By the way, I've been hatching Eggs for 168 days as of today... Just something random I wanted to say!! Good luck to everyone on their hunts!! :D

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Nearing 6000 resets for registeel now, i hope it shows up soon -_-

Lol, i'm currently reading through some of the shc's old posts, and i came across this awesome icon that ryan made sometime in 2006 *points at avatar* i know he hasn't been online for a long time but does anyone think he'd mind me using it as an avatar? (kinda directed more at fufu and/or metal mario here, or LDD)

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
YAY so I finally beat the elite 4 and champion cynthia....my highest pokemon was lvl 61 too the rest were low 50s and 2 were in the 40s so go me i rock! anyways so i finally finished my shinnoh dex and got the national dex and poke radar!!! yay now I can chain for shinies....so i decided to see whats swarming since it's my first time chaining i figure that will be easier....and boy did I luck out it's absol!!! anyways heading up to route 213 armed with pokeballs and repels so wish me luck!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Good luck with chaining for Absol! It's such a beautiful shiny, definitely one of my top ten. I've been up at Route 213 to chain for Absol twice, and I sitll haven't gotten one with killer IVs, so I plan on chaining for more when it swarms again. The same goes for the shiny Spoink that I chained so long ago (though I haven't even trained Spoink and I managed to train Absol).

Good luck, everyone.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
2nd: red gyrados, if that doesnt count than ratatta
3rd: a shiny wingull, i shall never forget him, found it through sheer luck while going to sky pillar.
4th: a geodude and ironically enough i found a shiny ponyta months later in the same patch of grass and which also happens to be the route where i chained my shiny bronzor. for me the luckiest route in sinnoh route 206.

Years
Man, am I glad I just did that IV battle! Of the two Starly I caught, the Hardy one had IVs 25/17/7/17/21/23, while the Hasty one (the one I was going to keep) had 2/3/9/1/4/15! D= I'm glad I caught that before I gave the good IV one away! +Speed nature or not there's no way the Hasty one can keep up with those IVs!

In other news, I finally hatched a Modest Synchro Ralts (it only took me ... 12 EGGS ... WITH Synchronize! >=[), so I can begin chaining Seviper.

@VenomX: I'm sure Ryan would be honoured at your use of that avatar. Gee, I didn't even remember it! :shocked:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
2nd gen: Miltank, I still have a preference it now but haven't been able to get it
3rd: Nincada
4th: Starly

Tabatha

Years
Well no luck yesterday with my first time chaining....I always seemed to get chains of shellos and the absol would break them around 10 >< Chaining really is harder than it looks! but theres no way i'm giving up Pidgey is swarming today so i'm gonna check that out because I actually really like pidgey....Of course they have to be swarming on that stupid island place I haven't been yet so I can't fly there....but meh fine I gotta go over there sometime

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Ok, something really weird just happened to me.

First of all, Dunsparce are Swarming in my Pearl, so I decided I'd get one as a memento for my Gold days, and it was a challenge for me posted by that girl.

Not to be cocky, arrogant or anything but this is pretty easy compared to what I did a few days ago. :P
I'm testing the waters to see what I can and can't do.
That time I entered grass at the edge and it was by that girl trainer. It was a Dunsparce, but after I killed it, the Radar music wasn't going and the chain was broken, but it didn't say "The grassy patch remained silent...".

Talk about weird.

I only had 3 but now I gotta start all over again, again!

I better get it this time, I predicted I'd have 40 by now, it's really no sweat. It's just that the "80% perfect" deal got me again when I was going for the 31st.

edit:

*facepalm*
The same thing happened like last time.... only thing different was this time it was a Bibarel and last time it was a Meditite.

BREAKTIME.

edit 6:23 PM:

Too bad it's not going to make it to 40 again this time, either: Shiny patch with 4 to go. 3 to go after I catch this.

Don't breathe this.

edit:

Shiny Dunsparce Video

edit:

You guys need to post more lol. Where are all of those "new members"?

Well, I was distracted and lost the Dunsparce chain. The one I got was Impish and doesn't have Serene Grace. Just a stone's throw away from "garbage", but a shiny is a shiny so I'll add it to my collection.

Meanwhile, Snubbull is my Swarm Pokemon on Pearl........ *sigh* Same girl I've been talking about wanted me to get one for her. Just a normal one, but I decided to try for a shiny.

And on my first shot, I'm already just 2 Flamethrowers away from having 40 Snubbull.

I'M ON FIRE!!!

But I'll have to get the shiny one tomorrow, although I'm ecstatic, I'm tired and it's really late.

Last edited:

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Wow lol, I haven't been here since Dec. 21st, '07 xD Heh Most know that I frequent SPPf though :p Anyways so the shinies that I've gotten since I last was here have been Uxie on Jan 13, Treecko after 7 months of SRing on Feb. 25th, Torchic on April 1st, and most recently Palkia on May 22nd after 6 months of sring x___x Yeah not much luck this year.

Right now I'm waiting for a Jpn Pearl that I ordered to come in, so that I can transfer the Darkrai from my imported Pokemon ranger 2 and start Sring for it. I'm Canadian and we didn't get the Darkai event as usual (Nintendo of Canada is useless) so this was the only way I could get one :p

In the meantime, I'm Sring for Combee in Honey trees and Kyogre on my Sapphire which I've been after since mid April.

Oh I see the current topic is 1st shinies in each gen:
2nd gen: Metapod from bug catching contest in Gold. I was playing on GB pocket with no color so I only saw it because of the ultra flashing shiny stars. (irony didn't win contest with it)

3rd gen: Registeel in my Ruby. Was at Niagara Falls on vacation with family, one day before my Birthday. Started to Sr for it while I sat on a rock waiting for my family to come out of the Maid of the mist ride. And even though I was playing on old GBA with no backlight, I managed to see the stars circle it after about 20 SRs. Long battle, finally had to master ball it :p

4th gen: Drifloon on Diamond. First SR target I went for on 4th gen. I sr for it since the first friday that rolled around after D/P's US release, then a week later right after we got home from watching Spider-man 3 in theatres, after midnight, the gold balloon appeared!

Tabatha

Years
Ok, something really weird just happened to me.

First of all, Dunsparce are Swarming in my Pearl, so I decided I'd get one as a memento for my Gold days, and it was a challenge for me posted by that girl

Meanwhile, Snubbull is my Swarm Pokemon on Pearl........ *sigh* Same girl I've been talking about wanted me to get one for her. Just a normal one, but I decided to try for a shiny.

Funny Dunsparce is whats swarming for me today....altho I don't really like dunsparce so I doubt I'm even gonna bother I'l probably go try to chain something cute like pachirisu.....I wish snubbull was my swarm I love snubbull -_-

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years

Funny Dunsparce is whats swarming for me today....altho I don't really like dunsparce so I doubt I'm even gonna bother I'l probably go try to chain something cute like pachirisu.....I wish snubbull was my swarm I love snubbull -_-

Really? Well, when it does swarm in your game, I hope you get some!

Good luck on Pachirisu, personally I'd go to Valley Windworks and have a Static Pokemon up front for maximum pwnage.

I hope Tangela swarms soon. ;.; I've been waiting on it for... forever.

Shiny Snubbull video

I are hot.

It's not got Intimidate but it IS Adamant. Doesn't really matter to me. I'm gonna try to gather up 4 or 5 more.

I like the colors. That's it. One of them will probably end up as a Contest Pokemon. :)

Once I get these and get some trading done, I'm going after Gligar (or Gastly).

I could SR for Darkrai, but I want to finish rounding out my team.

Tabatha

Years
Okay guys is it just me or do you also find that even though you have a repel on it just doesn't work? I'm sitting here chaining and then it gets broken by a wild pokemon when I know for sure there wasn't a wiggling patch of grass in that spot (I'm 100% positive because it's usually when I'm walking back and forth to reset my radar so I've already stepped in that square) So I go and double check that I have a repel on and it says I do >< It's rather annoying....anyways wanted to know if it's just me

Back