• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Purple Sky

How many Pokemon should be in this game?

• The Original 151

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 150 or less

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 151-250

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • 251-350

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • All 493

Votes: 86 68.8%

• Total voters

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Pokemon: Purple Sky
This project has been scrapped.

True to my nature, I've abandoned this project to work on another. I may or may not post a thread for this new project, but know this:
It is, in my opinion, already 10 times better than Purple Sky.
It is much more thought out, whereas Purple Sky was sort of a "spur of the moment" type thing.

Game Title: Pokemon: Purple Sky
Made With: RPG Maker XP, poccil's Pokemon Essentials
Recent Updates: Added map shot of Habidome Island.
Current Release: Beta v.01

Introduction

Hi there. You can call me Masquerade. I've been using RPG Maker for fun since RM2K. I've never completed a project. I've been rom-hacking for a couple years. I've never finished a hack. When I learned that Poccil's Pokemon Essentials was out, I decided to combine these two things into one and make a Pokemon game.

Pokemon: Purple Sky takes place about three years after R/B/Y. It assumes that G/S/C, R/S/E, and D/P/P do not exist, though Pokemon from all generations will be included.

The Story
Years ago, when Professor Oak still lived in Kanto, a boy from his native Pallet Town captured the legendary Clone Pokemon, Mewtwo. The boy brought the Pokemon to Professor Oak so that he could keep it from harming anyone.

The professor spent years studying Mewtwo. He did so in a humane way, building a large, natural structure and catering to all of the Pokemon's needs. Through his caring ways, he began to befriend Mewtwo. The Pokemon became more and more willing toallow Oak to perform tests on it. Then one morning, Professor Oak went down into the lab and discovered that Mewtwo had left without an explanation.

The professor searched for months, trying to track down the Pokemon. He used all of the knowledge he had compiled to predict Mewtwo's location based on its likes and dislikes. His data pointed him to the region of Kohku. Professor Oak gathered up all of his aspirations and moved to Cassava City in this region, where he is just beginning to settle in.

The professor needs aides to help him with his errands so he can concentrate on his search for Mewtwo, and you have lined up with many other hopefuls.

You are an only child from the sheltered Bitterleaf Town. Your parents were always very protective, never letting you venture outside of the town's borders. When you turned ten and all the other children began their journeys as Pokemon trainers, you were held back by your parents. To make up for the time lost in the field, you dedicated yourself to researching everything about Pokemon. Now, six years later, you hold a formidable amount of knowledge, and it is no surprise that you are Oak's top pick.

Don't expect to just be running errands all the time, however. This is, after all, a Pokemon game. You know you'll be entwined in evil plots, epic battles, and challenging puzzles.

The Corsairs
A new gang has formed in Kohku. They call themselves The Corsairs. Their founder, Artemis, witnessed the legendary Mewtwo streaking through the sky one night from her home. She was quite familiar with the story of Mewtwo's power, especially coming from her background in genetic engineering.

Artemis was a member of a study called "The Helix Project." The goal of the project was to combine DNA and create Pokemon that could perform well under any conditions. All the while, Artemis was running side projects of her own, attempting to create more powerful Pokemon. All of her projects failed, resulting in terrible fates for the Pokemon she tried to create.

Using her charm and intelligence, she gathered up many willing scientists from her old projects as well as grunts to form her gang. Artemis was lucky enough to recruit one of Oak's aides from Kanto, Gregor. Through Gregor, Artemis learned much of Professor Oak's studies, though Gregor knew no details, as Oak did all of his studies on Mewtwo alone.

The Corsairs' main goal is to track down Mewtwo and learn from its DNA. Their hope is to create a Pokemon as powerful as Mewtwo without the aggression so that they may use it for their own selfish gain. To do this, they'll need to acquire Professor Oak's research on Mewtwo so that they may discover the Pokemon's location. Perhaps they'll get some help from our old friends, Team Rocket...

The Region
mapinprogress-1.jpg

Welcome to Kohku, a region that is fairly average in terms of temperature. It rarely snows in here, and you'll only find tropical climates on the outlying islands. There is little fluctuation in climate across the region, though there are some areas that differ radically. These areas are cut off from the rest of the region by large, treacherous mountain ranges. They are unreachable by foot, but contain some of the rarest Pokemon in Kohku. The reason for Kohku's overall warm climate? You guessed it. Global warming. Pollution has caused Kohku's general temperature to increase dramatically in the last few centuries, resulting in several Pokemon changing to adapt.

Features
The standard stuff. You know, new region, new story.
A new hero, Crowe.
New ways of catching legendary Pokemon.
No Fakemon. - I know you've all seen games where their Fakemon looked absolutely dreadful. Well rest assured, Purple Sky will not be one of those games.
D/P Music - The beautifully orchestrated sounds of Diamond and Pearl will fill your ears as you play.
Gyms are no longer type-based. Instead, gym leaders use Pokemon of a specific color.
No more Elite Four! - Wait, what?!? That's right. The Pokemon League is actually a tournament now. There will be a number of trainers set for each round, and the game will randomly choose a trainer for you to battle each round!
Day-specific events - They're back! Some things can only be done on certain days of the week. Fire-type Fridays, anyone?
The Habidome - A large structure that mimics the habitats of certain Pokemon. The inside of the dome changes regularly, and with it, the Pokemon found inside it change as well. Some Pokemon can only be caught inside the dome, as their habitats do not naturally occur in Kohku.
Quickrail System - A over/underground train system that can take players to many major cities, as well as areas that are otherwise unreachable.
Changed Pokemon - Due to the changes in Kohku's climate, Pokemon had to adapt. The most obvious are color changes, but this could also mean possible type changes, stat changes, or any number of other things.
Custom Sprites - Not entirely custom, but some Pokemon will be re-sprited, others will feature revamps, such as the Blastoise shown in the Screenshots.
Proper Grammar - That's right, I know where periods go. You won't have to struggle to decipher the messages in my game.
The following is not guaranteed: It is possible that after completion of the main storyline in Kohku, additional areas will be added.

Mapshots
Spoiler:

Screenshots (Saved as jpg to prevent theft.)
Spoiler:

The Team
Masquerade™ Inc. - Project Leader, Writer, Head Mapper, Spriter (I do pretty much everything. XD)
Inferno_Blaze - Overworld Spriter

Applications
Spoiler:

Open Positions
Spoiler:

Current Release
Beta v.01! The very first release is now available for beta play.
This release includes 7 cities and 8 routes, including all areas in between. These maps are nearly complete with all events, though, of course, some things are subject to change.

Things that will definitely be changed before the final release:
Erica's Trainer Sprite
Add heroine
Make Artemis's sprites
More Pokemon recolored/resprited (This isn't a high priority at the moment.)
Other stuff I can't think of right now...

A note regarding this release:
At the beginning of the game, you will automatically start with the 8th badge. I have set this badge to allow you to use all HMs. Until I figure out how to make all HMs usable without badges, it will remain this way. Of course, once I add in the 8th gym, this will change.

Remember: If you don't have the RGSS102E.dll file in your System32 folder already, you need to put it there. It is included in the "Necessary Files" folder within the game folder.

Please report any and all errors and bugs to me ASAP so I can fix them and release the corrected beta.

To download the game, click the link below, and remember, if you like the game, support it!

Download Beta v.01

Credits
poccil, for Pokemon Essentials, of course.
Fangking Omega, for his set of sprites.
Inferno_Blaze, for contributing some overworld sprites.
4th Gen Matt, for the D/P Music. (It came from his resource pack, but no one is credited, so he gets credit until I find out who ripped it.)

If you have any ideas you would like to contribute, please, feel free. All ideas that get used will be credited.

Support Pokemon: Purple Sky
If you'd like, copy and paste this userbar into your sig.
userbar.png

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157598"]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/userbar.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
good story but i would make it that oak calls the trainer who gave him mewtwo (i am assuming it was ash) and to ask him to go find him...

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
good story but i would make it that oak calls the trainer who gave him mewtwo (i am assuming it was ash) and to ask him to go find him...
Well, Red will be making an appearance in the game, but I won't reveal the details of it just yet.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
This isn't meant to be a double post. (What is the time in between cutoff to constitute a double post, anyway? Isn't it only considered double if it's really close together?)

I've updated a few things. This includes the region map, features list, and screenshots. The new custom purple battle menus are shown, so is Blastoise's new (old) sprite, as well as the hero's overworld sprite. (It's just a recolored Gary... XD)

But most importantly, I've changed the game's name to Pokemon: Purple Sky. I think it fits much better with the Mewtwo theme. Does anyone know how I can have the official name of the thread changed to reflect this?

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
You may be able to change it yourself, click edit on the 1st post and if not contact a moderator :)

Nice I like it so far :)

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Thanks guys, and thanks Avatar for changing the title.

I added new screenshots, including the male hero, Crowe's trainer sprite, as well as 2 shots of his back sprite animation. (Yes they are frankensprites/recolors. This is really the extent of my trainer spriting skill. Do they at least look decent?)

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2008
i like that blastoise sprite thats good keep it up its original to change the sprites im kinda tired of seeing the same ones be used over and over again

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Added a mapshot of Habidome Island, where the Habidome is located. It is accessible by ferry from Samphire City. (Not that this means anything to you yet, since I haven't introduced any cities...)

I sprited the Habidome myself from scratch. What do you think? Personally, I feel like the door sticks out a bit. I'm trying to figure out a way of making it blend more.

EDIT: Posted the new Habidome next to the mapshot. Which do you like better?

Last edited:

Inferno_Blaze

is a being of chaos
Years
I would say "Wow, this is a great game so far, im ganna put a banner in my sig" but I have and I wont say that because i wouldn't of wanted to join if it sucked. so anyway... Keep up the good work

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
I would like to officially announce the tentative release date for the first beta. On October 29th (yep, in 2 days) you should expect to see the first beta of Pokemon: Purple Sky released for public testing!

The beta will (at the very least) include seven fully completed cities! This includes all events for everything completed so far, so you're basically playing through the first third or so of the game!

Years
Wow that's quick for a beta. Alternatively, expect a huge turn out of flaming posts on the 30th if you fail to meet the date you set. I've seen it happen before, it's not pretty. :p I hope to see some great work from you on this.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Wow that's quick for a beta. Alternatively, expect a huge turn out of flaming posts on the 30th if you fail to meet the date you set. I've seen it happen before, it's not pretty. :p I hope to see some great work from you on this.

Haha, yeah, I'm hoping to meet my deadline. I'm pretty much ready to go with what I have, but there are a few things I want to get done before the release.

And yeah, I guess it is pretty quick, but I was working on the game for a while before posting the thread.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
Years
I voted for the original 150 and I'm really surprised to see that so many other people did too

Ash987

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Looks like it will be a good game. I like the new habidome better but the old one still looks cool. I don't think you should put in all 493 it would be too many for one region. Maybe you should if you do that second region.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
I was definitely considering the original 150 for a while, but I decided I'd be missing out on so much potential. All 493 will be in the game, though they won't all be in one region. ZOMG, does this mean a second region is confirmed? No, no it doesn't. At least not entirely. Ack, I'm revealing too much unintentionally! Or is it intentional? Who knows? I do. Now I'm just wasting time.

The end.

Back