• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
*sees previous posts*
As for people losing interests in Pokemon in this forum, it gives me another question: Why does Mario and Zelda have for older gamers that Pokemon doesn't that keeps them supporting those series for the past 25+ years?

Nostalgia keeps them interested for a while... but eventually even nostalgic games get boring.

This just in:

Changing your profile picture on Facebook doesn't do a damn thing to change anything.

36746628.jpg

Sir Codin

I'll jump on the bandwagon then.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
As much as I want to send a message about the issue, I'm just too lazy to change my profile picture/avatar. Cause I like my current one too much. It's a good cause and I support the idea, I just like the profile picture I have alot. Plus I don't like following Facebook trends much. No offense to anyone following it.

Though I may or may not to this one just cause it's Pokemon. :P
Spoiler:

Or one of these cause they're hilarious.
Spoiler:

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years

Such a shame that Misty is no longer in the anime Totally my first cartoon-crush. I like Skyla's design and I've always liked Green. Elesa simply looks like a vocaloid to me.

As much as I want to send a message about the issue, I'm just too lazy to change my profile picture/avatar. Cause I like my current one too much. It's a good cause and I support the idea, I just like the profile picture I have alot. Plus I don't like following Facebook trends much. No offense to anyone following it.

Though I may or may not to this one just cause it's Pokemon. :P
Spoiler:

Or one of these cause they're hilarious.
Spoiler:

Those last three are pretty funny.

WARNING: lengthy wall of text ahead. If you don't read it I will know and I will punish you I really won't mind, it's a lot of wordy explanation about my own thoughts; so if that doesn't appeal to you then feel free to skip it, I'll still love you.

I don't want to get 'wordy' as this is just the DCC so I'll try to keep this brief / lighthearted.

If anyone is prone to taking offense, I urge you to read my entire post before judging me.
For perspective, I am bisexual, and I'm an atheist. My parents were catholics and obviously don't approve of my life choices.

I haven't spoken to my father since I told my mother and him that I was gay, but I can't blame him as he completely believes in the catholic way of life. I wouldn't change that, as that's part of who he is.

It may surprise you that I really couldn't care less about equality activists, or even 'gay rights'. People will always be prone to bullying or repressing anything which is a minority; colour, religion, sexuality and so on.

In terms of childhood, if someone can honestly say that they went through their entire childhood with not a single incident of bullying, then I would be surprised. There will always be bullies, equality aside, if a bully wants to annoy / insult you they are naturally going to pick on the one thing that sticks out most about you, be it your race, gender, sexuality or whatever.
I obviously got my fair share if not more of bullying during education/childhood especially once I came out to my friends/family, but I wouldn't change that as it's part of what made me who I am today.

In terms of the adult world, I've met very few people who have been narrow-minded enough to take offense from my lifestyle choices and when I do it never bothers me. If I have the right to love who I want, then I can't exactly deny someone else the right to hate what they want. It may seem a strange perspective, but I think it's healthy. Everyone has their own lifestyle choices, and you can't expect everyone else to accept them.

In terms of religion I think this is even more true. You can't stop someone from being homosexual, but for that exact reason, you can't stop someone from following their chosen religion. If that religion tells them that homosexuality is wrong, then that's just unfortunate.

Treecko

Years
Such a shame that Misty is no longer in the anime Totally my first cartoon-crush. I like Skyla's design and I've always liked Green. Elesa simply looks like a vocaloid to me.

Those last three are pretty funny.

WARNING: lengthy wall of text ahead. If you don't read it I will know and I will punish you I really won't mind, it's a lot of wordy explanation about my own thoughts; so if that doesn't appeal to you then feel free to skip it, I'll still love you.

I don't want to get 'wordy' as this is just the DCC so I'll try to keep this brief / lighthearted.

If anyone is prone to taking offense, I urge you to read my entire post before judging me.
For perspective, I am bisexual, and I'm an atheist. My parents were catholics and obviously don't approve of my life choices.

I haven't spoken to my father since I told my mother and him that I was gay, but I can't blame him as he completely believes in the catholic way of life. I wouldn't change that, as that's part of who he is.

It may surprise you that I really couldn't care less about equality activists, or even 'gay rights'. People will always be prone to bullying or repressing anything which is a minority; colour, religion, sexuality and so on.

In terms of childhood, if someone can honestly say that they went through their entire childhood with not a single incident of bullying, then I would be surprised. There will always be bullies, equality aside, if a bully wants to annoy / insult you they are naturally going to pick on the one thing that sticks out most about you, be it your race, gender, sexuality or whatever.
I obviously got my fair share if not more of bullying during education/childhood especially once I came out to my friends/family, but I wouldn't change that as it's part of what made me who I am today.

In terms of the adult world, I've met very few people who have been narrow-minded enough to take offense from my lifestyle choices and when I do it never bothers me. If I have the right to love who I want, then I can't exactly deny someone else the right to hate what they want. It may seem a strange perspective, but I think it's healthy. Everyone has their own lifestyle choices, and you can't expect everyone else to accept them.

In terms of religion I think this is even more true. You can't stop someone from being homosexual, but for that exact reason, you can't stop someone from following their chosen religion. If that religion tells them that homosexuality is wrong, then that's just unfortunate.
Yeah I can understand your prospective. I don't really want to start an argument on the DCC since it's not a place for it. I'm Catholic, but I don't 100 percent agree on the Church's stance on homosexuality. In fact I really don't have much of a stance on homosexuality in general. I have many gay friends and so I try to support them and not hate them for their sexuality. But also I have many Catholic friends who are against it and I really don't want to side with them.And it's hard to change their or anyone's opinion either way so I just stay neutral. So I choose to not care either way in general. It's still sad people do get bullied for their sexuality, race, religion, etc. Though you're right too. Even now when blacks have rights to vote and be free men, they still get bullied and picked on. Though I respect your opinion alot.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Wait Somniac, you're a man or a woman?
Also, I have to say that gays aren't very welcome where I live, you could get killed for being one so...

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Wait Somniac, you're a man or a woman?
Also, I have to say that gays aren't very welcome where I live, you could get killed for being one so...

I'm a girl.

Where do you live? Maybe I'm simply lucky in that theres very little prejudice amongst adults where I live.

Spoiler:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Haiti. You get excluded from society if you're gay, they consider you worse than ****. I'm glad I'm not like that. And why would your parents do that?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Montreal is alright with gay people. We even got a gay neighborhood, so that tells it about how Montreal feels about gay people. Although, there will always be those asses who are homophobic.

Treecko

Years
I have no idea what the majority of my city (St.Louis ) think on gay marriage. I think Missouri is kind of more a republican state and St.Louis is one of the most practicing Catholic cities in America so I don't think it's really alot of people who support it here. And I believe Missouri doesn't allow gays to get married so. Though I don't think anyone here will kill you if you're gay, that's just awful. So most people are probably alright on it, or at least lot of my friends are.

And here's something to make this thread a bit more lightheaded. (And to sort of stray away from the topic. Go ahead to keep talking about it though.)

Edit: 1700th post. Woo.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

Oh, God, I adore Misty. Especially her adult look in HGSS. Humina humina.

.....okay, shutting up now.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Before Black was released in the US, I played some of the translated version. Like a lot of fan translations the quality was a bit... iffy. Some stuff was translated properly, some stuff wasn't. Some of it was funny, some of it... well...

Like what Skyla says when you battle her. Her state of (un)dress made it even worse.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Before Black was released in the US, I played some of the translated version. Like a lot of fan translations the quality was a bit... iffy. Some stuff was translated properly, some stuff wasn't. Some of it was funny, some of it... well...

Like what Skyla says when you battle her. Her state of (un)dress made it even worse.

Screenshot? :D Or at-least tell us what she said.

Treecko

Years
Was it only in the Japanese version? I can't remember what she said that's sort of suggestive. Her outfit doesn't leave much to the imagination.

Sir Codin

I'm interested in seeing that screenshot too.

In the meantime, new Epic Rap Battles of History:

Babe Ruth totally destroyed Lance Armstrong.

[Skyla's] outfit doesn't leave much to the imagination.
Biggest understatement I've read all month.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back