• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
Hello,

When I add an OW to my ROM (Fire Red), I can't add new frames, an error message appears...

And, how I may add new pallets for my OW ?

I use Pokemon Rouge Feu (Because I'm French), so the available patches here don't work on my ROM... :s

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hello,

When I add an OW to my ROM (Fire Red), I can't add new frames, an error message appears...

I use Pokemon Rouge Feu (Because I'm French), so the available patches here don't work on my ROM... :s

What tool are you using and what does the error message say?

JPAN's FR Engine gives you the ability to expand the OW palette table, so you're going to have to use that if you wish to have more palettes to chose from. Since you've said that you can't patch your ROM I'm afraid there's no way you can add new palettes at this point in time.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
I use Hex Editor to add my new OW, and the error message says something such as 'Run Time Error - Type mismatch' (I don't remember exactly, I deleted the ROM --')

The patche works on an English version, so I can't use it... :/

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I use Hex Editor to add my new OW, and the error message says something such as 'Run Time Error - Type mismatch' (I don't remember exactly, I deleted the ROM --')

The patche works on an English version, so I can't use it... :/

Generally, when you have two programs open with the same rom, you'll get an error message. Did you have another program open at the same time? I.E Advance Map, XSE, Overworld Editor, etc?

How I edit the first map of the game ( example of emerald : the van map) ?
-----
another question, I saw an video for XSE toturial , in the end i have to take the offest and put it in the script offest positon.
i'm save and I look for checking the script and its diffrent.

The van map can be edited like any other map. It's map (25.40) in A-map (called "Inside of Truck").
It's okay if the offsets are different. It's the exact same process. Just make sure it's something above 0x750000 or so, or else you might overwrite stuff.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Generally, when you have two programs open with the same rom, you'll get an error message. Did you have another program open at the same time? I.E Advance Map, XSE, Overworld Editor, etc?

The van map can be edited like any other map. It's map (25.40) in A-map (called "Inside of Truck").
It's okay if the offsets are different. It's the exact same process. Just make sure it's something above 0x750000 or so, or else you might overwrite stuff.

I mean whitch script do that after you chhose your name . the game know to send you for the van and no ohter map.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2012
Hi. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I made a cave map, and whenever I enter it, the character is facing backwards to the entrance and I can't get out from where I came in. I also can't warp through any entrance or exit inside the cave. Ladders work though.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Hi. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I made a cave map, and whenever I enter it, the character is facing backwards to the entrance and I can't get out from where I came in. I also can't warp through any entrance or exit inside the cave. Ladders work though.
Did you add a warp to the cave map as well? If so, are you sure you have the correct coordinates?

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2012
Did you add a warp to the cave map as well? If so, are you sure you have the correct coordinates?

Yes, of course. I also made absolutely sure I set the right settings for the map/bank and the warp. no in both the entrance and the exit.

I just can't get it to get out of the cave.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

It sounds like you're using the wrong tiles for your warp. In the games there are two types of tiles within caves - A 'regular' ground tile and a warping tiles which displays a downwards arrow, lets you warp and reorients you if you warp onto it. If you look at an unchanged Mt Moon tileset in FR you can see the first tile is a regular ground tile, while at the end of the row there is a second identical looking tile (which has a behaviour byte that does everything I described earlier) - Place this tile in front of the downwards entrances and you should be good to go.

As for the side entrances, the tiles directly next to them will perform the same task except suited for their direction.

redriders180

Years
I mean whitch script do that after you chhose your name . the game know to send you for the van and no ohter map.

I guess now is best time to say that about 75% of the game is NOT CONTROLLED BY A SCRIPT. Scripts are pretty much only for speaking with OWs, activating script tiles, signposts, and a few other things, like eggs hatching and whatnot. It's ASM that controls where you start. Use Start Map Chooser Advance to pick the starting location. Use truck remover to get rid of the vibrating truck effect.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I guess now is best time to say that about 75% of the game is NOT CONTROLLED BY A SCRIPT. Scripts are pretty much only for speaking with OWs, activating script tiles, signposts, and a few other things, like eggs hatching and whatnot. It's ASM that controls where you start. Use Start Map Chooser Advance to pick the starting location. Use truck remover to get rid of the vibrating truck effect.

please can you give me link for that?
the one that i find don't work

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020

No, it isn't the problem :s

Ah, here is the error message :

redriders180

Years
No, it isn't the problem :s

Ah, here is the error message :

I'm not sure what's causing it to do that, assuming you used the correct structure and everything when you hex-added it. If I were you, I'd try the classic NSE to edit it; But don't use it like you would Overworld Editor; input the offset manually. If it gives you an error again, then it's a problem with your hex. Otherwise, it should work.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
I will try... Thanks for your help !

----------------

Hem, another question (I know I'm not clever xD)

I follow the tut' by thethethethe to change the style of the textboxs, but I can't delete the white of the textbox, How I can make this ? :/

(Sorry for the language, I'm French and I'm young :s)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Does anyone have any documentation of the order of the cry table in any of the GBA games? It's all normal from Bulbasaur to Celebi, but then the order gets really weird from there.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Does anyone have any documentation of the order of the cry table in any of the GBA games? It's all normal from Bulbasaur to Celebi, but then the order gets really weird from there.

You can use a Hex Editor, and the tools PokeCry and YAPE.
With YAPE, search for the POKéMON you wish to view.
29pubma.jpg

Then, open your ROM with a Hex Editor.
And then, with PokéCry...
2czsvh1.jpg

1. Go to the Table Offset...
2. Search/Find the Sample Offset (reverse it).

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013

JPAN's FR Engine gives you the ability to expand the OW palette table, so you're going to have to use that if you wish to have more palettes to chose from. Since you've said that you can't patch your ROM I'm afraid there's no way you can add new palettes at this point in time.

It can be easily done without JPAN's engine.

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back