• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I never got to watch Frozen, unfortunately. Did hear people talk about it though. Is it any good? If it's worth watching, then I may give it a try some day. Anyway, the last movie I've watched was Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Before that, I saw The Dark Knight Rises.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Personally, I want to see the movie, 'Lone Survivor'. I heard its been very popular lately and well, it seems to be very good as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Personally, I want to see the movie, 'Lone Survivor'. I heard its been very popular lately and well, it seems to be very good as well.

Isn't this a war film? I ran into one of its trailers once, and it looked pretty interesting. Never got around to seeing the whole thing, though. xD"

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
The last movie I watched was Catching Fire.
Personally, I was looking forward to seeing Haymitch's games, so it was a shame to see it cut. I'm fully aware of their reasoning, what with Madge's nonexistence in the films (no Madge = no Katniss receiving the pin from her = no need to explain the pin's origin).

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
unfortunately, Pokemon Conquest is on my Backlog list of game I have yet to play...

I tried to do a Blind Nuzlocke of Y, but.... that failed by the first gym. XD
So I'm just like "forget this, I'm playing normally"

Yeah... "normal". I'm not even at the second badge, but I'm breeding stuff like there's no manyana!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I do have Pokémon Conquest, but was never able to finish it. Lost my interest in it mid-way through. One day, though, I'll start the game again from the beginning and see if I could get it done. :p

Years
I've heard stuff about Conquest, it never interested me myself but I have seen some of Marriland's videos on it. The only "newer" spinoffs I ever really cared for were the PMD series.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's been ages since I last played a PMD game. Don't remember what it was, exactly, but I'm guessing it could be either Explorers of Time or Explorers of Sky (more likely the latter). Was planning to buy Gates to Infinity, but never had the chance to. I always kept forgetting.

Years
Yeah, some people didn't really like Gates to Infinity that much, and I hear them. I'd say there's a lot to like about Gates to Infinity, including Companion Mode and the 3D backgrounds of the dungeons, not to mention it has quite a few musical tracks that are nothing short of phenomenal (like Bittercold Phase 2, which I would dare to say is among my top three favorite tracks in this entire sodding franchise).

But there are downsides to it, like the fact that there are so few Pokémon that are playable, not much post-game, and not being able to be female. But Jesus tap-dancing Christ on a stick, THE worst thing about the game imo is the slow text speed during the cutscenes that you can't speed up by pressing A. BW's hand-holding may have been obnoxious at times, but at least it wasn't this.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
You... can't be female in Gates to Infinity? D8 Well. That sounds like it might kill the immersion thing.

Say, anyone excited for that Pikachu Detective game?

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
You... can't be female in Gates to Infinity? D8 Well. That sounds like it might kill the immersion thing.

Say, anyone excited for that Pikachu Detective game?

Wait, I thought you can be a female in- WAIT!? There is a Pikachu Detective game actually coming? I thought that was a 3DS Tech Demo or something of that nature.

Either way.... I've been hooked on watching Ultraman as of late.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Pikachu's Detective game does sound interesting, but I'm not sure if I'll be getting it; aside from Mystery Dungeon, I'm just not into spin-offs, unfortunately. ): If it does get good rating and such, then I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Shhmew

Years
I didn't understand that. You could be a female in Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, so I don't know why they just completely removed it again in Gates to Infinity. :/ I wanted to be a female Pikachu so bad, with the little heart shaped tail.

I think you actually could be female in the Japanese version, but for the English version it was just... scrapped. Quite mysterious. I thought they'd release a patch fairly quickly to correct that, but as far as I know, they never did.

I haven't heard anything at all about a "Pikachu Detective" game. ._.

Back