• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [IC] [T] [Best Rookie 1Q '13]

Years

Allister Curtis

Allister lead Yorick and Cheryll down the hallways and into the cafeteria, the smells of the various foods available on the dinner menu causing his mouth to water and his stomach to growl
Right, all I have eaten in the last few days in that apple... I really should be more careful about that.

Allister grabbed a plate and stacked it with roast beef, various vegetables and bread before finding their group a table and sitting with them.
"Well, this has been a rather eventful few days so far, honestly I'm not entirely sure what we're going to be going through for the rest of the year but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there's more expected of us than just getting good grades."

(OOC: Sorry for moving us along but we couldn't really keep standing in the hallway from where we were conversationally. Also, sorry for the shorter post.)

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
(OOC: It's fine :) )

Cheryll Renee Moreau

Cheryll smiled as the smell of food hit her and her stomach growled. She hadn't eaten much for breakfast and obviously had no chance of lunch that day. I'll probably stick with soup and some kind of bread that sounds good she thought grabbing a bowl and filling it with beef stew and then a small plate with a few slices of bread as well as putting a glass of water on her tray. Following Allister and Yorick she sat down and blew on a spoonfull of soup before putting it in her mouth as Allister spoke, "Well, this has been a rather eventful few days so far, honestly I'm not entirely sure what we're going to be going through for the rest of the year but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there's more expected of us than just getting good grades."

Nodding in agreement Cheryll put her spoon down and picked up a slice of bread from her plate. "I agree with you...if that's what they have us do on our second day, who knows what will happen tomorrow" she sighed dipping the bread in the broth of her stew. "we're just a bunch of kids we stood no chance in that fight and the teachers knew that, all of us got hurt and if our parents found out...there would be a riot" she frowned looking at the table. "I mean...what if somebody had died what would they have done about that!"

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Milly Kaiko- The gym

Taking the bottle from her extended hand Milly smiled and found herself not even flinching as Chris's fingers brushed her hand, as she would usually do in new company. The soppy side of her was beginning to rear its ugly head but Milly tried to ignore this fact as best she could. It was just an accident; he was just taking back the bottle. You have known this guy for less than five minutes Mil, keep it together. But as he remarked on her name as well as her looks, the inner struggle instantly became rather one sided. He called me pretty!

She could almost hear the tomboy side of her roll its eyes then flop back in defeat. On the bright side, her wave comment hadn't turned out quite as badly as she had originally thought as Chris agreed, his cheeks, she noted almost the same colour as hers before he turned back to the punch bag to take a rather long swig of water.

Well at least I am not alone there then, she thought allowing herself to relax a little now, as she ashamedly stared down at the back of her hands. Only looking back up when Chris turned once more, his cheeks a little paler than before.

"I just arrived. Today's my first day. I looked around the campus a little, helped another student get to the infirmary, and I finally met you. All in all, it was an incredible day."

Milly nodded, cocking her head to side as she listened slightly until he finished with a wink, which made her tongue tie in knots. Any replay she had to the sentence before was now long gone and there was no hope of it coming back either. The only thing which happened in reply, was a stupid grin which stretched her lips, to which her tomboy side step forward to stop. Stop it Mil, you look like a five year old who was just given ice cream. He's a guy, he winked. So what? You spend most of your days with guys, quit making such a fool of yourself.

Listening to this internal monolog she was giving herself, Milly almost missed Chris' next comment but thankfully she just managed to catch on. He had reversed her question back to her, enquiring as to how long she had been part of the school.

"Someone told me that this place would help me with my...problems..."

Milly had at first intended on replying the first question, but as Chris spoke once more, she found herself arching her eye brows curiously.

"Your problems?" she repeated, looking at the boy in front of her quizzically. "I mean, you don't have to explain if you don't want to." Milly continued, this time it being her turn to stammer over herself. She honestly didn't know what to expect when she asked but in the hopes of making it less awkward Milly decided to take the give and take route; Disregarding the first rule of the academy now completely.

"If it helps in anyway, I'm a werewolf who can't seem to run." It was a pathetic problem she knew, but one which weighed quite heavily on her heart and in some ways she hopped that it would put Chris at ease, if only a little.

At this point however, something niggled at the back of her head, dancing at the tip of her tongue too. It had been from Chris's comment on his first day. He had remarked on taking someone to the infirmary and this piece of information almost made her heart sink, if only she could put her finger on why.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Christian Davidson - Gym

If Chris had ever been devoid of emotion before, that all changed when Milly revealed that she was a werewolf. He looked to her with a bit of shock and curiosity. "You...you're a real werewolf?" he stammered, before realizing his faux pas. "I'm sorry," he tried to recover, "I'm still not used to this place. I was told there were others similar to me, but I didn't think I'd meet one this early." He turned to her with a corny smile, "Well, since you told me yours," he stated quietly, "I guess I can tell you mine. I was registered here as a...what was it?...Neko-something? I'm not used to the terminology, either."

Chris felt a little dizzy from all this revelation and had to sit down again. He looked down to his hands, palm-up, as though waiting for something to happen. "My "wild side", if I can call it that," he continued, "typically comes out only when I'm stressed to my limit or made extremely mad. I want to learn how to control it, turn it on or off myself, y'know? I mean, if I even can...".

He looked back to Milly with a soft smile, hoping she wasn't upset with his reaction. After all, she was really nice and she seemed to like him. He liked her, too, and wanted to redeem himself to her. An idea finally struck him. "I'll tell you what: maybe we can both help each other. I can help you with your running and you can help me control my "wild side". What do you think?" he offered, hoping she'd agree.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Milly Kaiko- The gym
Milly felt herself flinch as Chris stammered the name of her 'true form', his face twisting ever so slightly to show what she thought was shock for the briefest of moments. These few seconds however, were enough to make Milly want to disappear, making her suddenly wish she hadn't opened her month as she fixed her eyes firmly to the floor, this time avoiding all chances of meeting Chris' eyes. However as Chris apologised, Milly tried her best to act as if nothing had happened, shrugging her shoulders lightly and nodding.

"It's ok, I guess it's not every day that you run into one of my kind." She offered with a quirky smile, her eyes flicking up briefly before returning to her shoes, allowing for Chris to continue. When he said his form though, she managed a genuine smile. So the guy was a Nekomusume? An odd twist in this story as their kind as fair she had gathered from past experiences, tended to avoid one another, after all a cat and a wolf never really did mix.

"I'll tell you what: maybe we can both help each other. I can help you with your running and you can help me control my "wild side". What do you think?"

Looking up suddenly, Milly regarded at the boy in front of her a mix of emotions toying with her facial features. She didn't really need help with her problem, it would just take some time for her to heal and get back to pushing herself, but she didn't want to explain this to Chris. Besides she kinda liked the idea of him helping her and vice versa.

Nodding slowly, Milly parted her lips to speak though shortly pressed them together again. She didn't really know what to say now bar..

"I like that idea." She said, her voice shocking herself. She hadn't meant to say that out loud, but apparently her brain had held other intentions. Smiling again, Milly shrugged once more trying to act as if her tongue had betrayed her thoughts. "I mean will be an interesting experience, a cat and a wolf helping one another." She giggled at this and then moved to perch next to Chris on the bench.
"I don't exactly know where to start though." She admitted, before quickly shifting subjects.

"So you said you weren't use to this? That you didn't expect to meet another Youkai so soon? Did you only recently find out your bloodline?" Milly knew she was pelting the poor guy with questions but she couldn't help but ask. He acted so strange on finding out what she was, and seeming as they were both attending a Youkai academy surely he must have known that everyone who came here was the same as them.

siiadams

Years
Christian Davidson - Gym

Chris felt ashamed about his reaction to her. It was made even worse by the way she reacted to it. However, she agreed to help him and to let him help her. "I don't exactly know where to start though," she stated as she sat back down next to him. Suddenly, she started asking if he had recently found out about his bloodline. He sat there, thinking for a second or two, remembering.

"I found about all this a few hours ago," he started, "It was at school, before I got here. I had gotten into a fight after school one day. The guy I fought talked trash to me, saying all sorts of stuff about my mother. I got extremely angry and thought I was slapping his hand away. Next thing I know, he screamed from one of his fingers getting chopped off." Chris looked down at his hand, gently touching the ring on his right hand, almost ready to cry. "I...I ran home as fast as I could and told my mother what had happened. She dismissed me, as though it was all a lie. If your own mother won't back you up, who can you rely on?"

Chris shook his head as it slumped down a little. He continued, "I ran away, thinking I was a monster, a freak. It was then that I met an older man. A Japanese man with a nice suit. He stopped and asked me what happened, so I told him. He...he seemed to understand. He told me what I was...a Nekomusume. He was the one who dropped me off here, saying there were others like me. I guess...", he let out a sigh, "I guess it just didn't sink in until now."

He felt a couple of tears slide and fall to the ground. He no longer cared about image and simply sat there, not sure what else to say. "This is all so new to me," he said quietly, "I'm not sure what to think right now."

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Milly Kaiko -The gym

"Wow, that's a lot to happen to you in just the space of a day or so." Milly offered unsure how to react as her ear picked up on the small 'pat' of tears as they collided with the hard floor at their feet. Her gut reaction was to hug the poor thing, to try and comfort but seeming as she had only literally met the guy, she wasn't quite sure what the etiquette was, so cocking her head to the side a little, making her hair fall over her shoulders in a wash of gold, she began to chew on her lip, trying to think how she could help.

Using her hand, she placed it on Chris's upper arms and squeezed gently, hoping this wasn't pushing too many boundaries with the guy. He had been through a lot that was clear and with her just dropping the bombshell of her being a werewolf, tendrils of guilt began to entwine themselves around her stomach. Well I probably didn't help with this.

"Everything is new at some point, but this weird place isn't so bad. Got quite a few new people at least and hey, you can't let the past drag ya down. Everyone in this school has their own story to tell with humans but we don't let that define who we are now." She smiled at this; trying to sound wise and optimistic though she wasn't entirely sure if she was pulling it off quite as well as she had hoped.

"If you honestly don't know what to think, then don't think. React. Do something, run, punch the punch bag till it falls off the wall. Anything, just don't let it suck you in. You just need a creative outlet. With me I tend to go running, nothing clears the head better than a night which is clear and some amazing tunes to go with." she grinned at this, thinking back to all her midnight runs under the silver lit trees.

"And besides, it's a good thing to be around your own kind! After all, you met me here and I like to think that I am pretty awesome. You know, kind, witty, brave. What more could you ask for?" she laughed at this, then stood and offered her hand down Chris, putting on her best smile. "Forgive the speeches, I'm no good with words." She shrugged, "My point is the past may be a little confusing, but the present is better lived than missed with memories and things have a funny way of working themselves out. You just need time that's all. It heals all wounds."

She mentally shuddered here, but pressed on, trying to think of something which would take Chris' mind off the subject but when her mind drew a blank she mentally cursed, pursing her lips a little. "Hey, I know it's off topic, but could ya teach me some of the moves you were doing before? I have never been able to punch properly."

siiadams

Years
Christian Davidson - Gym

Chris felt her hand on his left bicep and gently squeezed. At this, he turned to look at her and once more their eyes locked. The more time spent with her just seemed to make him happier. When she asked "What more could you ask for?", he took her hand and stood up. He couldn't resist. "Right now, I'm just happy to be here with you," he smiled as he wiped his cheeks off from the liquidy trail made moments ago. He then turned to his towel and made sure his face was dry before he looked at her again.

There was a slight awkward silence in the room before she asked Chris about teaching her some moves. No one had ever asked him to be a teacher before. He nodded, "Ok, then...First, show me how you punch. From there, I can probably point out a couple of things." He stepped away from the bag, allowing Milly to take center stage. His eyes were locked onto her form as she stood there. Now that he thought about it and actually looked at her, from her hair to her feet, he felt that she was more beautiful to him than ever. He felt his pulse racing a little and his palms sweat as he watched her.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Sorae

Sorae finished his burger quickly, scarfing it down, now having a plan for what he would do. Eager to begin, he ran towards his dorm room, revising what he would do in his mind, honing it over and over and over again. All to make sure he got this right. There was nothing really to go over, but camping required thought.

What, camping? Yes. Camping.

It came to him as he was eating; he wrote it down, he thought of what to do, and he also recalled he still owed a tiger some jerky. He REALLY needed to give that tiger some jerky, or the tiger would eat him. Although he wasn't entirely certain Yasha meat was good, although if it we're his meat it would very well be delicious. Sorae had been sure it would be delicious; it was Sorae after all, not some hobo on the street! (He was of the middle class, but that wasn't important right now).

Right. Camping.

He recalled how he used to go camping with his father at that moment. It was fun; he would sleep in a tent, and he would roast marshmallows and such with his father. They would also bring along lots of other stuff; they would, for example, hang a kettle over the fire to have some tea. This is also why, right before he left, he asked the chef for basil.

He wasn't entirely sure if camping out in the woods was even allowed, but he took stock anyways. He had:

-five bottles of water
-a few packs of jerky
-sleeping bag
-four poles, made out of metal
-a tarp, in case it rains.
-basil
-kettle

He brought along some other stuff, like some canned food, and then he left. He would go to this campsite he would set up for a few days. Like I mentioned before, he wasn't sure if it was even allowed, but whatever the matter, he did it anyways. He then began to walk, where the four metal poles (which could quickly be covered by a tarp in case of rain and he found in the gym, unsupervised) began to make noise.

Clink clank.

He began to pass across the gym as two people were boxing. Sorae was also planning on entering the gym to check for something else. Something else that could be use in defense without using other living things.

He entered the gym and was in shock, but merely gave a cool, grinning face. There was Milly, and some other dude, and that dude was staring at Milly, which wasn't cool. His face suddenly was flooded in red. Was it what he thought it was?! He shouldn't have run off, dammit!

"Uh, well, I'm sorry to interrupt this, uh, oh hi Milly didn't notice you there, uh, I have to, uh, go check in one of the rooms- storage rooms- if they have something." He then grinned his signature grin. "A bow and arrow, to be precise." But then he realized what was going on and his face returned to it's previous state. "Well, uh, anyways, sorry to interrupt whatever moment you guys were having and I'm sorry to barge in but like I said I have to find a bow and arrow because I'm determined to learn archery SO... I'll go check if there's one."

Luckily, archery seemed to be on the list of things the school did. He sighed in relief when he noticed this in one of the back storage closets, then left immediately with a "sorry I'll go now."

Clinkclankclinkclankclinkclank.

Sorae ran, a salty taste beginning to be felt in his lower lip.

ClinkclankclinkclankclinkclankCLONK.

Sorae tripped and fell, got up again. Ran some more.

CLANK!

At the edge of the woods, Sorae set up camp, tears falling. Why? He wasn't sure. They just did. He shouldn't be, but he was.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Milly Kaiko

Milly nodded grinning as she did so, before jumping lightly into the fighting stance she had witness in countless films, ever a fan of rewinding fight scenes and watching them on replay.

The stance it's self was easy. One foot in front of the other with her body side on to her new target which hung limply now from the ceiling. But regardless of this, Milly's brow still furrowed in concentration as she drew in her bottom lip and began to chew. Her heart beat accelerating a little as her eyes locked onto her new opponent.

Recalling on a small lesson given to her back when she was 11, Milly shifted her weight slightly and pulled her fists up towards her face, trying to ignore the fact that she possibly looked very silly before readying her fist punch. Taking aim she darted forward, only to miss the bag entirely as a series of loud clanking noises entered behind her. Swinging her head around at completely the wrong moment, Milly missed her target with her fist and instead managed to stumble forward, smacking the bag with her head. A soft 'thunk' sounded as she made connection with the object, quickly followed by a series of hissing profanities from the small wolf as she pulled herself up, rubbing her forehead, just knowing that it had probably gone red.

However, just as she turned, now in a very bad mood, to see what had distracted her, she froze. Hand on forehead, the other on her hip and lips parted in surprised Milly watched in horror Volt stood in the door way, face a sort of maroon colour. He looked like he was some sort of mountaineer too, stuff piled on his back as if he was gonna be gone for days.

"Uh, well, I'm sorry to interrupt this, uh, oh hi Milly didn't notice you there, uh, I have to, uh, go check in one of the rooms- storage rooms- if they have something. A bow and arrow, to be precise."

Watching in silence, Milly's eyes trailed her friend as he moved to one of the cupboards, retrieving a rather large bow and a couple of arrows before then leaving immediately. He didn't even seem to look back as over his shoulder he tossed a hurried "Sorry, I'll go now."

"Wha…" Milly began to herself as she watched bemused as to what had happened, eyes still fixed to the now empty gym door way.

"Why the heck does he want a bow?!" Milly then stammered "What is he even doing? Did you see all of that stuff?!" Here she turned rather rapidly on the spot to face Chris, eyes wild and her forehead most definitely red. "I'm so sorry about that." She began, trying to smile, though worry had begun to nibble at her insides. "He's a good friend of mine. Listen, lesson adjourned for tonight? Promise I will make it up to you." She offered another smile with this then turned and grabbed her bag.

Whatever was going on with Volt, it didn't feel right. He had been confident when they had first met. Now he was just some stammering dude who blushed.

Mid-stride towards the door though, Milly paused and glanced over her shoulders back towards Chris with a wicked grin.
"I've got skills though right? Bet the punching bag has never had a Glasgow kiss before now." She grinned even more before shrugging and tucking back some loose strands of hair. "It's good to see you feeling better. You have a nice smile ya know, would be good to see it more. See ya tomorrow Chris" Then with that, the girl jogged to the door and opened it, following the sound of clanking through the gloom.

Volt was running, she could hear the strides by how loud and rapid the clanking went and it wasn't long till Milly found Volt's new home. The clanking stopped. She waited a little, stood in the gloom, as she watched her friend set up what seemed like a mini camp before puffing up her chest and walking towards her friend.

"Ya know, this would be the second time you have run off on me today." Milly offered, as she drew closer, her light voice carrying easily in the quiet of the evening. Her lips set into her relaxed lop-sided grin. "Not that I am counting or anything." She gave a light chuckle with this, then stopped eyes stuck to Sorae's face. She could see his tears even from this distance.

Man what is it with guys and tears today? She thought, as she nervously tugged on a lock of hair. Does this usually happen?

Milly, though sweet, was not exactly use to dealing with emotion. Chris had been a trail on her and now Volt too. Growing up with two older brothers like hers, kinda taught you to try and keep the tears in, even if it really did hurt. But regardless that didn't matter. This wasn't her. It was Volt and something was very off.

"What's going on Volt?"

Last edited:

siiadams

Years
Christian Davidson - Gym

In one swift motion, Chris found himself...alone. How did this happen? Milly was about ready to attack the bag when another boy walked in. Was that a boyfriend or something? He had thought he had felt a connection with that cute little werewolf. Now he wondered if that bond was ever real for her. Did she feel the same, or was it just one-sided? Either way, she tore out of the gym quickly, no doubt following that guy to wherever he was headed.

"Well," he thought, "looks like she made her choice." Chris stood up and stretched, as the realization of being rejected hit him. He decided to concentrate more on the bag to help him through it. His focus, however, was off. He couldn't concentrate on anything else but her. He even missed a couple of attacks because of all this. Darn him and his foolish emotions! He gave up on the bag for tonight and grabbed the towel and water bottle before slowly walking out of the gym.

He walked out onto the track where he had first met Milly. He tried to force that out of his head, but to no avail. Everything was going great, until that guy showed up. Trying to distract himself even further, he layed out the towel in the middle of the field that the track surrounded. He layed down on his back, staring up at the sky as he was waiting for the stars to come out. He pulled out his iPod again and plugged the earbuds in and pressed play. Soon, the opening chords of Nightwish's song "Bye Bye Beautiful" could be heard. "How fitting," Chris thought to himself.

Years

Allister Curtis

"Yeah, that was a pretty stupid risk... I'm not the sort of person that really believes things without evidence but something about this whole situation just doesn't sit right with me. The fact of the matter remains that only our class was sent, whilst we are in a school that could potentially create a small army. That suggests to me that the administration were prepared for an attack and had a class put together with the purpose of using us to fend off said attack... or at least to train us to. Right now we are being used as guinea pigs, they are experimenting with us to see what we are capable of and how they can use our capabilities against fairytale."

Why am I telling you guys this? Allister had known the pair for not even two days and he was already discussing something of that magnitude with them... he felt as though he was being overly trusting of two strangers yet he couldn't stop himself.
"I think... that what I said just then is just the surface of the issue though, something very strange and very complex is going on here and I think we have a right to know. That being said, I think we should keep this to ourselves... even if you disagree."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Cheryll Renee Moreau

Cheryll nodded as she ate the piece of bread and then grabbed another from her plate, dipping it in the stew and then eating it as well as she listened to Allister. "I...agree with you" she said pausing to blow on a spoonful of soup "we should keep this to ourselves, not tell the others what we think, even though it's likely the case. Though if they did prepare a specific class for this...I just want to figure out how and why we were chosen"

She sighed "anyway, we should probably change to a different topic, since it's best we keep this to ourselves it wouldn't do for someone to overhear us" she blew on the soup again before eating it. Looking around she spotted there weren't many people in there but there were a few and she even saw Janie enter followed by her lackey. The older girl did spot her but didn't do anything more than sneer in her direction upon spotting Allister and Gavin with her. Looking back at her friends Cheryll shook her head.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Yorick Amherst Lee - Cafeteria

Yorick watched as his companions laughed, still not answering any of his questions. Allister's only response was a cryptic comment about what he had said. Cheryll mentioned that the girl and a guy had been mean to her since yesterday and that they destroyed her homework. Yorick reached for his dictionary to discover the meaning of the word mean in this context. For some reason, "They started being to have in mind a purpose or intention to me yesterday" didn't seem to fit, and although she may have been trying to say "They started having in mind a purpose or intention relating to me yesterday", her usage of the word "being" made that unlikely. He flipped through the pages until he found the adjective form of "mean". Offensive, selfish, or unaccommodating. If that girl was the dominant one, what reason did she have to become offensive? Unless Cheryll had challenged her position, but then wouldn't she be considered defensive? Then there was the issue of the guy. Yorick would have to try talking to that girl some other time to find out much information, such as why she destroyed Cheryll's homework.

Yorick looked up, no longer distracted by his thoughts in time to hear Allister suggest that they all go to the cafeteria. Cheryll agreed and admitted that the two of them as well as Gavin were the first friends she'd ever had. Yorick flipped pages in his dictionary once more. What were "friends"? Finally, he found it. 1.a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard Did Cheryll feel affection for all of them? The "ever" suggested this was new, though. Parents were givers of affection, and it would be counter-intuitive for her parents not to have shown her affection. He looked to the next definition. 2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter While true that they had all given her assistance during the fight against Oz, there were others who assisted her as well. Why would she exclude them? Their not being here at the moment didn't seem to be an issue as Gavin was not here either. Yorick continued to the next definition. 3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile This one was definitely not it, as Yorick found it hard to believe that in all her life, Cheryll had not found another person not hostile to her. The issue with her parents also remained. After some thought, Yorick decided the only likely definition was the second one, in this situation at least.

Once more, Yorick snapped out of his thoughts and noticed that both Cheryll and Allister were already walking towards the cafeteria so he promptly followed. Once they arrived, his friends got their meals and sat down at a table. Yorick looked over the selection and found himself longing for elk meat. Instead, he began stacking various items of beef, pork, and many other meats. Perhaps he could find a meat that had a similar enough taste to serve as a substitute until he could acquire some himself. He sat down and began eating, listening to Allister and Cheryll's conversation. Unfortunately, it was confusing. It didn't help that he had never been to school before this year, or that he didn't know terms like "riot" and "army". He did manage to gather that they were unhappy with having been told to battle Oz. Yorick finally interjected into the conversation. "Are we not supposed to stop criminals from killing or committing other crimes? Was it wrong for us to battle Oz?" He supposed a battle was not supposed to be enjoyable and that it was understandable that they were upset about that, but it seemed what they were upset about was being told to do the battle at all.

Cheryll then suggested they change the topic, saying "it wouldn't do for someone to overhear us." She looked away and Yorick followed her gaze to see the girl from before. She was with who he assumed was the guy, and she made an unhappy face. Yorick decided this would be a great opportunity to ask her his questions. First though, he had other things to discover. He turned to Cheryll and asked, "Cheryll, what did you mean by 'friend'?" He wanted to confirm which definition she was referring to before he left to ask that girl about earlier.​

Last edited:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Sorae

"Volt? I don't go by that name anymore. Sorry."

Sorae cracked a small grin, wiping away tears. Damn, she probably saw them already. "It's a long story." He quickly began picking up nearby dry wood, before putting it down in a circle. He put stones around it, then opened a lighter and the fire began to blaze, a small fire. He then took the kettle, filled it with water and crushed basil, and hung it over the fire. He hummed as he did it, then stopped and turned to Milly, sitting on the forest floor.

"I called myself Volt because I thought I was quick, that I was fast, that I couldn't be stopped. I guess you could say I had high self-esteem." He smiled. "That I was confident. But I no longer am. I don't know if it's for the better or the worst."

"Today started out fine, but I first ran off because I realized on my own we were going to fight Oz. Which, I happened to do so without telling you; I decided on my own to leave as quickly as possible, anticipating that you would probably follow me there. I went. I summoned. And I got a new scar for my arm, but that's really just a minor thing. But I barely contributed to the fight. Sure, I summoned some creatures, and sure, they got in and fought, but what did I do? What did I do?! Absolutely nothing. Every single blow wasn't from me, it was from the things I summoned. I felt like I didn't do anything, I just called other things to fight for me. There's no honor in that. There's no reason to call myself 'Volt' if all I do is look for the assistance of others! Heck, I even had to bribe one of them with jerky! Of all things, JERKY!"

Woah, calm yourself there. Sorae took a deep breath.

"I passed out after Higoroshi-sensei came to fight Oz. I woke up afterwards in the infirmary, and then I decided to go to my dorm. I lay in bed, or on the floor. It's not important, besides, I can barely remember which. But that's when I realized; I barely do anything myself. I practically ask other creatures to fight for me. And that's when it hit me. I'm no Volt; I don't deserve that nickname- I'm just plain old Sorae. Sorae who can't defend himself. After that, I went for a swim, I ate, and I decided to go camping. I'll still attend class, but I'll sleep under the stars. Maybe that'll help clear my head. Anyways, as I ate, I thought of what I could do well. Of what I was at least some what good at. And I remembered." He smirked, a nearly devilish grin crossing his face. "Perfect aim." He pat the bag of stuff he brought, feeling the contents of it.

"Well that's about it. I walked in on you boxing with some other person, which kinda made me sad. Not the fact that you were with someone else (I was certainly bothered by it though, he thought), but the fact that it seemed like you had forgotten about me; you were in shock when I walked in. Right? ...Whatever the matter, I ran towards the back, grabbed a bow and a quiver, and left. And I was kinda sad, which could be expected. I suppose it is all kinda my fault though." He smirked.

"I'm not going to call myself Volt; I still need to prove myself as worth the name. Until then, call me Sorae, or Kakori, or whatever you'd like. On a lighter note, tea's finished! Want some?"

Sorae cheerfully drank a cup. Then he remembered something. "Jerky!" Getting a bag out of his, well, his bag, he closed his eyes, unwrapped his headband, held out a coin, and began summoning the tiger to which he owed his... debt. His third eye opened- at this point, he had forgotten he was in the company of Milly and that he wasn't supposed to show his Youkai form- and as he opened all three at the same time, the tiger appeared. So did an embarassed look on his as he closed the eye, threw a bag of jerky at the tiger, and retied his headband. "Aw... crap. Just broke the first rule of the academy." He apologized profusely ("Sorry sorry sorry sorry, really sorry") to Milly. "But it kinda proves my point. I summon things to do things for me. Or to give them stuff. But I do nothing myself, which is why I'm deciding to take on archery."

"Oh, and sorry that I interrupted... whatever was going on at the gym. I didn't know you would be there."​

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Takumi Makkusu - Thanks

Nami was complimenting me for my actions back at the graveyard. I didn't do anything special, just cheer everyone on I did. Nami wouldn't drop it though. To be honest, it kind of felt nice. I don't normally get this many compliments. Well, this is my first compliment, but still. It felt like Ted from Ted.

I just remembered, what time is it? Nami wanted to get something to eat. "I'm starving." Did I just say that? Well, no use denying it. But wait... "Don't you need to rest though? You took some hard damage from Oz.. I think you should rest for a little while longer," I explain to Nami. I don't want her to get out of the hospital with her health bad, even a little. No, she needs to rest. Er, actually, how do vampires heal? Nevermind that.

"Just rest, OK? You'll be out of here before you know it!" I could at least cheer her up, as she did to me.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Milly Kaiko -Edge of The Forest

'Wow' Milly mouthed as she stood there, dumb struck as Volt, no sorry, Sorae regaled her about pretty much everything that had happened. She was in amazed and a little impressed in fact by how long he could actually talk without having to stop and breathe.

Moving forward a little as she continued to listen, she carefully placed her bag down by her feet, before sitting herself. Folding her legs rather stiffly under herself, each movement making her wince in the smallest of ways. Here she stayed however, head cradled in the cup of one of her palms until Volt finished. She remained quiet for a little while, refusing the tea offered with a shake of her head Completely unphased by him revealing his form as she tried to think about what he was saying.

The very premise of not being deserving of the name Volt was a rather foolish one, but of course she was not just gonna blurt that out. It needed phrasing in a less brash manner. A lot of shock was still in her system from hearing about the battle from Oz too, but frankly she was too tired to lecture on that one. Her mind then flouted over one thing which did kinda of bother her from Sorae's long winded speech.

"I walked in on you boxing with some other person, which kinda made me sad. Not the fact that you were with someone else, but the fact that it seemed like you had forgotten about me; you were in shock when I walked in. Right? ..."

Milly sniffed at this comment, partly out of guilt, partly out anger with an added sliver of embarrassment. She hadn't forgotten, well she may have done for the briefest of times as Chris was one heck of a distraction from the rest of the world, but she had still wondered about Sorae. She had still worried about him, still cared.

Finally, she decided it was her time to speak and in gentle tones she parted her lips and began, her eyes fixed to the licking tongues of flames which darted out from the centre of the fire in warm tendrils of light.

"I tried to follow you know. But when I did, well I… I collapsed. I remember trying to shout for you, but you were too far away by that point." Milly shrugged at this, as if disregarding the hurt she had felt at being left behind in the dust. "Next thing I knew, I woke up in the infirmary with some upper year watching me sleep. He was nice though and turned out to be the guy who carried me to the infirmary wing of the school. He even got me new clothes from my room and explained what had happened." She shuddered at this, her cheeks colouring slightly from the memory. "Some jerk had poisoned the food and well whatever it was, it hit me pretty bad. To be honest, when I awoke I didn't even know how long I had been out for. It could have been a couple of hours or even weeks." She sighed here and leaned back in her stance to glance up at the cool indigo sky.

"I was allowed out soon after though and so I thought I would hit the tracks as nothing made me feel better than running and that's when I met Chris. He is a new guy in school and he was just teaching me some moves." She grinned at this thinking back to the gym briefly, "You didn't interrupt anything."

The acidc voice in the back of her head argued this point however, but she shrugged it off, figuring it wasn't the time to discuss her new encounter in the gym. He was cute though.

"And for that matter I cannot believe you guys fought Oz!" Milly's voice suddenly going into a higher register, letting her chin flop forward to rest on the top of her chest as she fixed Sorae with a look. "I'm kinda jealous really, but it was a stupid thing to do. By everyone."

She paused then shook her head, getting to the point she really wanted to say.

"It's a good thing to want to further your abilities and yourself. But you can never think of yourself as unworthy of your name. You summoned a Tiger for pity sake Sorae!" Here the small girl eyed the beast out of the corner of her eye suspiciously. If it did anything, just the slightest signs of wanting to hurt herself of Sorae , she would be ready.

"That alone is impressive. So what if you didn't get to go in there and smack the guy with your fist. What you did no doubt helped and you seem to be overlooking that. You're kind has always used summoning as their way of offence and defence and it is a great power! I just transform into a big, rather scary looking beast." She grinned at this, cocking her head to side. "By all means practice archery or kick boxing or anything you want! But you are still Volt to me, the guy who won a race against a werewolf on his first night and my friend. Never under estimate yourself."

She finished here, absent-mindedly picking at a hole in her jeans. Today had been an eventful day to say the least and though part of her wished she had been there at the fight Volt had described, Milly also found herself wishing that this night would just end. She was tired, her muscle ached and she just wanted to be back home. She could be sat in the garage messing with her bike, while her father lectured her on how dangerous her vehicle really was. She never listened of course, that thing was her baby, but it was nice to know her dad cared enough to relentlessly repeat the same thing night after night.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Cheryll Renee Moreau

"Cheryll, what did you mean by 'friend'?" Yorick asked her as she finished up her stew and bread. She had seen him pull out his dictionary so she guessed he was asking definition she meant. Putting her spoon down and finishing her water Cheryll smiled at him.

"I've grown attached to you two, and Gavin as well, and I care about you guys a lot" she said "I don't really count my family in the definition of friends, sure they are always there for me...but you guys are the first non-family members I've grown to care about" she smiled happily eyes shining. "I'm a shy person in general around people I'm not used to, but I'm used to you guys...but not the rest of our classmates yet. I'm actually surprised I got used to you three that quickly." She stood grabbing her tray and trash. "I'm probably going to head to the library for a bit, or go outside. I'll see you guys later" she turned and walked towards the area were they put dirty dishes and set them down before waving at her friends.

Leaving the cafeteria she turned to stop in the girls restroom and as soon as she entered she heard crying. Wonder what's wrong she thought "H-Hello...a-are...y-you o-ok?" she stuttered with a frown. Just can't help it around people I don't know I guess.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ Satomi Akiyama
bTyv1AR.png
∣ Form:
Nwd7R9U.png
Girl's Bathroom

Chapter One: Part Seven
New School, New Problems

"H-Hello...a-are...y-you o-ok?"

Satomi sniffled slightly. Looks like she was going to be found out sooner or later. "Daijobu... I-I mean, I'm fine." She frowned quietly, wiping her tears away before opening the stall door, though a pointless endeavor as her eyes were still looking red and puffy. She headed for the sink and washed her face for a few moments. When she dried off, she sighed. "I just... Found out about something I didn't know... And it's making the world spin faster around me... I also miss my parents..."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Cheryll Renee Moreau

Cheryll nodded seeing the girl about 4 years older than her come out of the stall her eyes red and puffy from crying and washed her face off. "I just... Found out about something I didn't know... And it's making the world spin faster around me... I also miss my parents..."

Looking into the mirror Cheryll took in her own appearance. Besides the bandages on her arms and chest she also had a bruise on her cheek from when she had hit the ground, and like the other girl her eyes were red and puffy from when she had cried earlier. "f-finding n-new things...c-can b-be.." she paused sighing "u-upsetting." she turned the tap on the other sink and then gently scrubbed her own face being mindful of the bruise to clear away the evidence of her own crying. "b-being...h-homesick...i-is n-normal t-to" she stuttered. "I-I'm C-Cheryll...w-what's y-your n-name?"

Back