• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years
Hey, Zel, you know the staff in the Celadon Mansion, you should replace them with you and anyone else that helped you significantly in this game's development. (Music, scripters, etc.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2009
Help ME!
I don't know what to do anymore
I already beat Misty and returned the Missing part to the power plant
and I already got the Ghostbuster to work
But when i go to the cave there's a rock in the way
also there's rocks blocking the way in Sabrina's City to go to Celadon and to that ghost town.
I also have gotten that pass for the train

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
would it be possible to port this to ds cos it would be the ultimate hack then!
Uh... You're not very knowledgeable of ROM Hacking, are you?

It's impossible, no matter what, to import everything to a Nintendo DS ROM, as they are totally different things. If you mean to start from scratch on a completely different NDS ROM, then that is possible, although I doubt zel would do that at this time.

the almighty Zel fan

<-- I drew these guys in paint
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
zel is a good friend of mine. ( on the forum) and as you can see, by my name, i am a really big fan of his. I will PM him. if he doesn't respond, i will return

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2009
Help ME!
I don't know what to do anymore
I already beat Misty and returned the Missing part to the power plant
and I already got the Ghostbuster to work
But when i go to the cave there's a rock in the way
also there's rocks blocking the way in Sabrina's City to go to Celadon and to that ghost town.
I also have gotten that pass for the train

That is why there is a Help Thread in the Scrapbox! Ask there!

And Where is that?
I'm new to this whole thread and website -______-

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2008
Hi people. I had a problan than some people had in their flash carts: the Nintendo logo at starting the rom is bad.

The solution is that:

1st: You need these tools:
GBA Header tool, GBA Tool Advance, A rom with a good logo (like the Fire red base)
and the bad rom. I can't post the links because I haven't make a minimmum number of posts and put the rom base is illegal.

2nd: When you have all these things start:
Open the Header tool and select the bad rom
In the tool with the bad rom opened go to the last option and select copy header.
Select the rom base and wait a moment, you'll have the nintendo logo repaired.

But now is another problem: you can't save.

3rd and last:
Open the GbaTA and select the bad rom, goto sram patcher and select the directory of the new rom.Click patch and the new rom will be playable^^.

If you didn't understand anything or something, sorry, I'm Spanish and 12 years old (I didn't used a translator)

PS: Zel, if you can or if you want put it in the first post (don't need credit).

Wow, MegaIan, you are the MAN. I couldn't get the game to work on my R4 because of the glitched Nintendo screen, but I followed your instructions and it works perfectly now. THANK YOU, YOU'RE AWESOME! :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2009
I'm playing this game on my PSP
is there anyway if i can patch it with the newest beta and keep playing from where I left off?

also how do i patch this?
where can i get the latest Beta?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2009
Wow, MegaIan, you are the MAN. I couldn't get the game to work on my R4 because of the glitched Nintendo screen, but I followed your instructions and it works perfectly now. THANK YOU, YOU'RE AWESOME! :D

Lies. GBA games aren't playable on the R4.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
I've only just begun playing this, but what little I have played of it I enjoy very much! Though I still don't know too much about this type of thing, I do know it's a very time-consuming process to pull off something this large. Thanks so much for this!

Back