• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Team Aqua or Team Magma?

Which one do you like more?

• Team Magma

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Team Aqua

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Team Magma. They just seemed way more better for me then Team Aqua, and you could say they had better Pokémon? Don't quite remember, haha. I'll have to check in a bit. I'd also love to see Hoenn without it's water, it would be weird but awesome :3

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
From the anime perspective I like Team Magma more, just because Maxie was the first of the two to realize what colossal redacted-ups both Aqua and Magma were for waking Groudon and Kyogre.

In the games, I like Aqua better. Not so much with the "drown all of Hoenn" thing, but their uniforms were nice :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 14, 2023
I always preferred Team Magma; Ruby was my first Pokemon game (and my first videogame in general), so Maxie and his devil-hooded crew left a bigger impression on me than Archie and his pirate, haha.

I prefer their designs more as well, and their pokemon, even though there isn't much variety between Aqua and Magma most of the time.

Beyond that, I just really feel like Maxie has more of that 'snarky, monologue-giving villain' feel to him. Especially at the top of the volcano with the meteorite; he fit the atmosphere of the scene a lot more the Archie in my opinion.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Aqua's better to me. They look cool with the pirate costumes, they were after a really good Pokemon, and their plan was pretty good. Drowning everyone, how effective! Archie also seems like a badass boss. Dat beard. Sadly there isn't much difference between the Pokemon choices of Magma and Aqua, although Carvanha/Sharpedo's pretty cool.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I liked Team Magma in the beginning because Mightyena was one of my favorite pokemon and I liked their outfits more than the Team Aqua ones, Team Aqua seemed really simple and just no. But then later in the game I like Team Aqua more because I don't like having unpopular opinions. And Hoenn was just one big water level, nobody likes water levels, Team Magma was just trying to help us out.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Team Magma, hands down.

The reason is because I always adored their outfits over Team Aqua's. I never cared much for Team Aqua's clothes. *shrug* Just thinking about Team Magma makes me wish I could play the Hoenn games again now. ><

Back