• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✿ Petals in the Wind - The Grass-type Fan Club ✿

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Sorry if I've been a lazy club owner everyone, I may have to leave for a while, which is why. D: I hope you can take over the club for a bit, Slayr!

What type do you think is the best secondary type to grass?

Well there's only one secondary type that I reckon is a good idea.
A Water- and Grass-type Pokemon (much like Ludicolo) would be quite useful in my mind, and would be worth adding to your team. Always good to have a bulky Pokemon for those Fire and Ice weaknesses! With a Grass-type party, of course.

CloysterOyster, I kind of like the idea of a Grass- and Ground-type, but 4x the Ice weakness is a no. I mean, there's the advantage against Fire and Poison of course, but you're most likely going to be battling against Ice rather than Poison. I don't think they're much of a threat.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
CloysterOyster, I kind of like the idea of a Grass- and Ground-type, but 4x the Ice weakness is a no. I mean, there's the advantage against Fire and Poison of course, but you're most likely going to be battling against Ice rather than Poison. I don't think they're much of a threat.

Torterra is Grass/Ground already.

Hyzenthlay

Years
Torterra is Grass/Ground already.

Ah yes, I had forgotten about Torterra. xD

Well here's a new topic everybody, from this lazy club owner: If you had to pick one Pokemon (a grass-type) to go through a game with, which Pokemon would that be?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I already beat Black 2 with Serperior, so...

The hardest gym was definitely Skyla because of her Skarmory. My strategy throughout the entire game was to spam Flash as much as possible, use Coil until my attack was super high, and then sweep everyone and everything. It actually worked out really well, even when I managed to beat Skyla with ten HP left.

Years
If you had to pick one Pokemon (a grass-type) to go through a game with, which Pokemon would that be?

I'd probably say Roserade, since most of my playthroughs often tend to have one end up on my team (it's happened in Platinum, Black 2 and now X as well) plus I do love the Roselia line in general, one of my fave Grass-types who went from being a stationary Pokemon to being part of a full evolution line. Plus, I love how much more usable those dual Grass/Poison-types got in X/Y thanks to advantage against Fairy-type, plus the typing itself is basically amazing at checking Azumarill.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
If you had to pick one Pokemon (a grass-type) to go through a game with, which Pokemon would that be?

Plz, Sceptile. Personally, I think this thing is a beast. Just look how fast it is hehe. Also don't forget it had a good signature move before it was stolen by others ;-; But seriously, I'd go with him because he's definitely good good stats, not the best but the design makes up for it! I want it to get another signature move. Seriously, it's not fair that Blaziken still has Blaze Kick as a signature move :<

Years

Clearly Whimsicott, hehe. It's one of my favorites and would probably make for a comfy pillow. :) She's also pretty good stats-wise and certainly quite adorable. Nothing more perfect, really.

Though.. I admit Meganium comes pretty close, too. She's not the best to battle with but she makes a decent wall and is one of my favorite grasses design-wise. Oh, and Chespin as well, though it'd forever remain unevolved because he's cutest in that form. Would be a perfect chance to do an unevolved run in the games.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd go with Whimsicott, just like Sheep. It looks amazingly pretty in terms of design, and competitive-wise, it isn't that bad. Its defenses are quite decent, and thanks to its Prankster ability, it could always hit first when striking attacks that don't actually deal damage. I've used it on my team plenty of times before, and thankfully, it's never disappointed me, I love it. Aside from that though, I could also go with Ludicolo, maybe. :p

fireflystorm

shsl loser
Years
Honestly I would probably go with Ludicolo, like Nymph mentioned. Frankly, though, it's mostly for versatility than actual stats or competitiveness. I admit to just being a sucker for the evolutionary line, anyway. Of course, another I'd consider would probably be Chesnaught, considering I absolutely love it.

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
♥ Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: UltraSerperior ♥
♥ Each member will be initially allowed to add two Pokemon sprites to the list, one of them being a Partner Pokemon. More are easy to earn! (The max is six). Serperior and Sky Forme Shaymin♥
♥ Pick your partner's nickname (optional): Smugperior ♥
♥ Partner slots can be won if you have made 5 or more positive posts in this club. ♥
♥ Answer one or more of the club's topics: I like Serperior because he just looks so badass! ;)♥

Also, too much lag with the gifs, plz remove.

Years
Username: MathewCS
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Sceptilish
Pick your partner's nickname (optional): -
Two grass-type Pokemon : Sceptile & Shiftry
Partner: I can't go wrong with sceptile<3<3

What is your favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?: Sceptile, i love his style in the anime, he's the coolest pokemon i've ever seen, 4 real.
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why?: I have to say Erika, i'm in love with that woman<3
What made you love grass-type Pokemon?: The movements, they're so tactic at playing, i like em so much, they just fit with me & my pokemn
What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig and Snivy).: Obviously, Treecko<3

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Speaking of petals, here's some Grass-type humor
1372712245177.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
That's hilarious, haha. If this were in the anime, though, nothing would have happened at all; I'm positive. d: Also, here's some beautiful artwork featuring grass-types; ran into it earlier today.

Spoiler:

It was drawn by Laurenmagpie. She's such a talented artist, isn't she?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
That's hilarious, haha. If this were in the anime, though, nothing would have happened at all; I'm positive. d: Also, here's some beautiful artwork featuring grass-types; ran into it earlier today.

Spoiler:

I love it, very nice use of color and 3D. Who's the cat girl?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
That comic, it's too funny! XD

I always imagined Petal Dance as something along the lines of that, but seeing it drawn out makes it so much better.

Peitharchia said:
That's really cool. I always admire people who could draw like that since my abilities are nowhere close to that.

Hyzenthlay

Years
My laziness as club owner has gotten out of hand, my deepest apologies. D:

That cartoon is pretty funny haha, that's how I've always seen Petal Dance when it's used against Pokemon like Rhydon. :P

That's some nice artwork there Ashley. :3 I came across some Grass-type Pokemon art myself when I was just strolling the net.
Spoiler:

It's sort of calming haha.

Anyways, welcome to the club Mew and Mathew, we're glad to have you with us! :3 I'll add you both to the member list ASAP.

Last edited:
Years
♥ Username: ♥ AoTora
♥ Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: ♥ Ao
♥ Each member will be initially allowed to add two Pokemon sprites to the list, one of them being a Partner Pokemon. More are easy to earn! (The max is six). ♥ Serperior shall be my partner <3
♥ Pick your partner's nickname (optional): ♥ Snape <3
♥ Partner slots can be won if you have made 5 or more positive posts in this club. ♥
♥ Answer one or more of the club's topics ♥

What is your favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? Serperior - I love it's design and I love it's movepool! If starters don't count than Liligant would be my second favourite- I love it's design and I love it's movepool - and I love using it everytime I can!
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why?Gardenia~I like the fact that she uses turtwig (Starter) - you don't see NPCs using starters all that often.
What made you love grass-type Pokemon?I love most of grass pokemon's designs and I really love how useful they can be ^^ And the fact that grass starter is usually my favourite out of the three so I usually pick it over fire or water starter (:
What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig and Snivy). Snivy ~ Reasons stated before.

Etherion

Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: No nickname please :)

Each member will be initially allowed to add two Pokemon sprites to the list, one of them being a
Partner Pokemon. More are easy to earn! (The max is six).

torterra.gif

ferrothorn.gif

Pick your partner's nickname (optional): Lief (Torterra)

Answer one or more of the club's topics - What made you love grass-type Pokemon?

-> My love for Grass type pokemon started when I recieved Pokemon Emerald. Since then I have always loved the color green. When I first opened Birch's case, I had to pick the little green gecko known as Treecko as my started. Ever since, Grass type has always and FOREVER be my favorite pokemon type :)

Hyzenthlay

Years
Happy to have you two in our club. :3 I've gladly added you both to the list and I hope you keep posting for bonus Pokemon! ^^

@Ao Serperior does seem to be quite to popular Pokemon among grass-type fans! I chose him for my first Pokemon Black play-through and he was simply brilliant!
Liligant is also a great Pokemon, though I've never really used her myself. I just love the elegant design! :3

@gio7sm I have yet to play generation three Pokemon games but I'm sure that when I do, Treecko will be my choice for starter! :D

So everyone, for the Pokemon you picked out as your partners for this club, why don't you choose a moveset, nature and EV's etc. for a bit of fun! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back