• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you play with 3D turned on or off?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I keep it off. I have never really liked 3D. Spy Kids 3D: Game Over pretty much killed 3D for me because the glasses hurt my eyes. I have always considered 3D effect a waste of money.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Jun 17, 2014
The entire reason I bought the 3DS was for the 3D effect, and I'm very disappointed that the entire game doesn't use this amazing feature. I play with 3D on all the time, but it's annoying that only certain areas and battles actually take advantage. Nintendo really dropped the ball there.

Years
I usually keep it off 'cause when I turn it on it seems to cause the battle to lag a little and the text is slower.

Years
  • Age 38
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
Off. My eyes start to feel like they are stressed out after awhile when I have it on.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
i keep it off 3d effect will destory your eye more then watch regular tv

Years
I occasionally turn it on, I love the 3DS feature but I have to find a comfortable position for it not to hurt my eyes, and that takes forever :3

Vanish

Poof
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
Off. I think I've turned it on once or twice, but only for a very brief moment. Not a big fan of playing in 3D for prolonged periods of time. Not to mention the framerate hit.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2014
I never do, but it's mostly because I never remember to turn it on. For some reason or another it just doesn't ever occur to me. I tested it out once after I first got the system, but not since then. Anyways, I'm of the opinion that 3ds games shouldn't NEED the 3d function to be visually impresive, at least for hand held standards.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
I usually have 3d turned off because I think it has a bit higher quality 2d. But that is not to say that I dont like 3d.
A lot of the time it can be an up an down vicious cycle of 3d or 2d xD

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I noticed a slight discernment when I turned my 3D on. A slight one unfortunately. For the most part, I played with my 3D off, but I tried to turn the 3D for most of the Gym and E4 battles, and the cutscenes.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
most of the times I keep it off. I may turn it on every now and then to see how things look in 3d however

Back