• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2008] Pokémon: rijonAdventures

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
omg your kidding right.
I just finished the first one and that was hard enough.
well i guess i might as well play it.
ths is a really good hack bye the way!

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2009
Great game..I love the inflated levels. 3rd gym, and lvl 40 pokemon! :)

I have 3 pokemon in the low30s now...where should I train to beat the Grass/Poison gym?

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2019

I have 3 pokemon in the low30s now...where should I train to beat the Grass/Poison gym?

this isnt the 3rd gym, the 3rd gym is in the next town, and try to train one pokemon only, or you will never keep up with the levels of opponents.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I trained 6 and I kept up with the levels. You just have to train the right pokemon and know how to battle.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2009

Oh, I see what I did there...we'll gyms shouldn't be accessible if you didn't beat the preceding gym.

You said I won't be able to keep up with opponents levels..can you give me an idea of later gyms and the Elite four? I really don't want to raise 1 pokemon..no fun in that

If anyone wants to chat on AIM with me about the game, send me a message: Europe Priide

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Oh, I see what I did there...we'll gyms shouldn't be accessible if you didn't beat the preceding gym.

You said I won't be able to keep up with opponents levels..can you give me an idea of later gyms and the Elite four? I really don't want to raise 1 pokemon..no fun in that

If anyone wants to chat on AIM with me about the game, send me a message: Europe Priide

Give you an idea? Now, that would be no fun. And, to be honest, we barely made it through alive. Does that give you a good enough hint?

To be truthful, it is quite easy to train more than one Pokémon, so long as you battle through all of the wild Pokémon. Heck, I kept up five Pokémon above the levels for a little while. The later Gyms are also accessible in the original. They did that with FireRed, too. Didn't you notice that you could just skip the third badge and move onto the fourth if you wanted to?

I trained 6 and I kept up with the levels. You just have to train the right pokemon and know how to battle.

Actually, this guy is right. ^^ Not to say that you're not usually right :D

Certain Pokémon are more difficult to train than others, and some are much easier to train. The know-how to battle isn't required so much, but if you're behind on levels, then knowing how to battle Gym Leaders effectively can be extremely helpful.

And, if anyone sees anything odd or strange, (like wild level 1 Goldeens roaming free near Powerline Road XD) feel free to PM me with the problem. It'd be cool if we could get this perfect. Or if you need help with something, my Live Messenger account is up there, next to my name and stuff. ^^

EDIT: I have found a few major problems with the current locale of our cameos. It seems that somehow, the scripting got a wee bit off. :D

Anywho, I'll set to work on it tomorrow. All of you who've stumbled upon our secret location, please do not enter it until I create a new patch for you all. And besides, I have a little more to add to our cameos.. ^_^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2009
I have 5 badges now, I have no clue where to go now...Do I need to find the S.S Marina invitation?

edit: Okay, I just beat the 6th gym

Last edited:

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Looks great you guys :D I'm still working on beating the beta myself XD -everyone points and calls a Slowpoke-

But I noticed one thing missing xP

Yeah, I saw Rijon Adventures didn't have any userbars o.o; and it's such a great project, so why not have one? xD

RAUserbar2.png

It's up to you if you use it :3

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
But I noticed one thing missing xP

Yeah, I saw Rijon Adventures didn't have any userbars o.o; and it's such a great project, so why not have one? xD

I should probably agree on this one, Haruk---Haraken...

rijonAdventureBanner.png

;)

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
I can't believe the rarity of some of the Pokemon in this game. I spent 10 minutes searching for a Pinsir in the Mt. Boulder Range, and I'm looking for a Zangoose in the haunted forest entrance which is equally rare. No luck yet, and I wannta the Zangoose.
EDIT: I found it about 40 seconds after posting this. In all it took 15 minutes to find!
Great hack so far, I'm up to the Moraga gym, but that Sceptile is one tough customer.

Glitch!

I was getting my zangoose out of the PC, and the text disappeared! This is what it looks like
Zanglitch.png

The status screen went totally blank, this was after I attempted to grab an item from my Dugtrio which I deposited. I'm using the Squirrels ROM, so it probably isn't my ROM, but I'm not sure. If it helps, the text also disappears when I click A on a pokemon, there was no option to pick it up or look at it's summary. Odd.

Last edited:

Zowayix

hi
Years
Question: Will all 386 pkmn be catchable in the final version of rijonAdventures?

(Personally, I prefer trading)

And Ikwaylx, if you're using the Squirrels ROM, find a clean ROM. That one isn't clean. Maybe that's the reason for the glitch.

Last edited:

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
And Ikwaylx, if you're using the Squirrels ROM, find a clean ROM. That one isn't clean. Maybe that's the reason for the glitch.
Really? I downloaded that ROM because I was assured it was clean, apparently it's the one that was used for the hack. Besides, UPS patchers detect unclean ROMs anyway, so I really doubt that it'd be unclean.
Well, it never happened again, so it was probably an off chance.

Circus.

Years
UPS file won't patch.

Error: Input checksum invalid

edit: it worked, i re-downloaded everything. it seems that i needed to use a clean ROM hehe

edit again: I've noticed a bug, I am at Merson City and when I try to challenge the gym leader my rival shows up wanting to battle, but when the battle scenes shows up the screen goes black.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2019
ive found a glich in azela town, near the pond with the slowpoke, there is a revive, and when you pick it up, and move away, the revive reapears, and you can recollect it.
it realy helps if you cant afford anything

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Give you an idea? Now, that would be no fun. And, to be honest, we barely made it through alive. Does that give you a good enough hint?

To be truthful, it is quite easy to train more than one Pokémon, so long as you battle through all of the wild Pokémon. Heck, I kept up five Pokémon above the levels for a little while. The later Gyms are also accessible in the original. They did that with FireRed, too. Didn't you notice that you could just skip the third badge and move onto the fourth if you wanted to?

Don't forget, the method I used, training only but a Charizard got me through it... and since when did you beat rijonAdventuresX? I didn't know that =O
And problems with Cameo, I never tested it myself but I'll be sure to check it out and hopefully release a more stable version for you all to patch onto your previous one.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2009
I need help guys.

I have the first 5 badges, and the 7th badge. I have no clue where the 6th gym is, or what to do now..

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Nice layout for your hack, and congratulations on winning the Hack of the Year. This is a pretty cool hack, and well developed too.

Back