• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Questions (+ Anime Recommendation Requests)

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Hey there, I will recommend what I think you should check out, and the ones that I really love! I just got done watching Elfen Lied, pretty good. Gory as heck though! Kaze no Stigma is badass! Kazuma should be in every show, in my honest opinion! To bad they don't go further with the death of you-know-who :\

Anyways try these out! (Order of my favorites):

Heroic Age
Fate/stay night
Fate/Zero
Shakugan no Shana
Demon King Daimao
Angel Beats!
Tears to Tiara
Infinite Stratos
Guilty Crown

A really good funny show just for funs is but not a whole lot of action- "Baka and Test." Highly recommend this one also.

Those are the ones I REALLY love to watch and re-watch!

I'm about to try out "Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicle" next, hopefully it's good.

It's hard for me to find new Anime to watch that catches my views like these. The action, with some romance with the magical girlfriend, sometime with school, etc, are what I look for.

CloudNine

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 23, 2014
Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions, really appreciate it :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
Eden of the East (Unique animation and interesting storyline.)
Ao No Exorcist (Good animation, good action and emotion mix.)
To Aru Majutsu No Index (Amazing animation, with a fairly confusing but decent plot.)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Merging thread cuz it belongs there, also made the title more prevalent on that recommendation requests go there.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Cloudnine, if your still after more anime recommendations then try .hack//sign, IGPX, and Black Cat.

Edit - Try Medabots and Reideen too.

Anyway, can someone help me in remembering the name of a anime movie I watched about 8 years ago? I don't remember the name, and sadly, not much of the movie either. Here is what I do remember. It looked like a 80's to early 90's style anime, it was a sci-fi mecha anime but I don't think it was related to the Gundam series. All I can remember is that it was a group of people fighting a war (I think) and were trying to find a weapon that was developed sometime in the past in hopes of using it to win the war. And it turns out, that the building that they were using for their base of operations was actually the weapon, a giant mecha. (This is revealed near the end of the movie if I remember right)

I liked the movie but forgot all of it since then so this is all I remember. I know that I'd remember the movie if I saw it or pictures of it though.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Any chance that J-E could do a "30 Days" type thing like some other sections in Culture and Media are doing? I don't think I could come up with enough questions for it but if anyone thinks they could I'd be interested in participating in something like that :)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Any chance that J-E could do a "30 Days" type thing like some other sections in Culture and Media are doing? I don't think I could come up with enough questions for it but if anyone thinks they could I'd be interested in participating in something like that :)

I actually did one in my blog a while back, so there's a small preview of what a draft of questions would look like, and a new month is coming, so I could do a tad tweaking to the list and try putting it up.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
Right now i'm watching Uminiko no nako koro ni..mysterious anime with witches and complicated story..if you like that kind of anime mysery maybe comedy and Drama (main character kinda pervert)..i just started it and it seems interesting

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
Years
Hmm, I read a lot of Yakitate Japan (awesome btw), but wouldn´t remember ever seeing that... I mean, I stopped, because it got too crazy (and I mean SERIOUS crazy), but that just seems off...^^
Anyone know if it is, in fact Yakitate? (Thanks Lapras)

Bombah!

Khawill

<3
Years
Lol that link killed my ears, I had beats on at a pretty high volume. I don't exactly know what anime it is, but it seems like the same kind of randomness that comes from bobobo-bo-bobobo.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Merging with Questions thread cuz that's where it's supposed to be.

And yes, it's bobobo-bo-bo-bobo

Khawill

<3
Years
Lol thats awesome, I don't remember that scene from the show but I do remember that it was the trippiest show I've ever watched and hilarious.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Going to be good is a bit hard to gauge at this point, though people are mostly hyping Jojo cuz Jojo, Little Busters cuz Key, Chuunibyou cuz KyoAni, and Robotics;Notes cuz 5pb.'s x;y series

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I'm surprisingly interested in a lot this season.

I'm all for K even though I don't have a clue what it's about. The music, animation, homolust and boobies in the trailer make me think it's gonna be amazing.

Litchi DE Hikari Club might be good, the manga was one of the stranger things I've read that's for sure. When I saw that announcement I was shocked to say the least.

Going by the synopsis Shinsekai yori could be wonderful.

Btooom! looks like a pretty interesting action show. I've heard good things about the manga.

Then the sequels to HidiSketch, To Love Ru, Jormungand and Hayate.

Back