• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO...have a few questions

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2012
First post, looking for someone that might be experienced with the online game to answer a few questions for me. Well mainly just one burning question really and that is...when I'm viewing my collection there seem to be multiple version of foils even though they appear to be exactly the same. Not sure if they're supposed to represent reverse holos or what. I see some of the people in the rudimentary chat refer to them as "shiny" but the artwork looks the same on both to me.

Anyway just reaching out to hopefully find someone that can shed some light. Seems that since I don't have a FA Keldeo EX to give away that no one wants to answer any questions in the chat.

-Grishnaar

Years
Assuming the Pokemon isn't a different color, I'm assuming "shiny" is being used to mean reverse holofoil, as almost all of the normal holofoil cards do have a reverse holofoil version in the actual sets, and the boosters for the online TCG reflect that, as they are basically carbon copies of the physical sets.

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2012
I was assuming the same thing, however there doesn't seem to be any visual distinction on any of the online cards to distinguish which is the reverse holo and which is a normal holo. Both versions, if that is indeed the case, have the shimmering effect across the entirety of the card (rather than just the picture or the entire card). They didn't add any sort of the text or icon indicator either. Very puzzling and frustrating.

-Grishnaar

Years
Since the TCGO is a beta, that'd be something to bring up to them in their support forums as feedback.

Although, looking at the Known Game Bugs thread over there, it looks like they are quite aware of this issue. How long they've been aware of it, though, I do not know, but if a fix comes quickly, they've probably been working on the fix for a few months.

Back