• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket

rpryor03

In and Out
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
Nickname/What you want to be called:rpryor03

Position: Spriter

When you're on and timezone: EST anytime. im on sporadically

Way of contact: PM me

Why you want to join:it sounds like a cool project

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Ok. I was continuing this, but it doesn't seem like anyone is interested enough to be patient and work with me. So mods, you can close this. One thing though, If you really will be devoted, keep in contact, and can help me LOTS with this (im talking about an all around hacker), Then pm me. I really hope this won't end up fading away...
Lock this. For now.

Last edited:

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Come one come all! This project is back in the biz! This project never got far in the first place but I hope to make major progress during the summer.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2014
Skill(s): Sprites
Proof of Work: Pm if you want the link
Past Experience: Currently working on spriting for Pokemon scarlet red
Contact Information (Preferably Skype): email: [email protected]
Time Zone: Eastern time Canada

Pls pm if I am Accepted!!

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2018
I hope this project starts to lift and get off the ground, i don't see many team rocket hacks out there. and the prospectus that if you get far enough along and can also take police enforcement as an alternative role, adds to the replay ability in a good way.

I'm not a hacker at all... but I feel this might be a valid question or suggestion.

I don't know the complexity of hacking a game or pokemon game besides knowing there's some neat tools out there for it. (haha fiddled with Advance Map I believe it was but never tried anything major)

But might it be easier to construct to parallel hacks? Following the same events using the same new redesigned maps and etc, for the most part but differering based on your status as a Rocket / Police Enforcement.

Like i said i'm not an experienced hacker, so i don't know...
My logic is it may take longer to work on two hacks in some aspects. But I think it'd make code structure simpler without having to make something Like
"If Rocket trigger Event X"
"If Enforcement trigger Event Z"

I know it's probably abit more involved then that but that's my basic take on it...

But then I don't know if you planned on being able to switch roles either I saw someone suggest it. which could make more variables but if this is possible then I guess it wouldnt matter to have just one hack lol.
another real basic Example
"If Rocket turned into Law Enforcement trigger Event Y" or vice verse.

Last edited:

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Thank you, I have been waiting for fans like you guys. Right now, I need to rebuild the team. That's my current goal.

I hope this project starts to lift and get off the ground, i don't see many team rocket hacks out there. and the prospectus that if you get far enough along and can also take police enforcement as an alternative role, adds to the replay ability in a good way.

I'm not a hacker at all... but I feel this might be a valid question or suggestion.

I don't know the complexity of hacking a game or pokemon game besides knowing there's some neat tools out there for it. (haha fiddled with Advance Map I believe it was but never tried anything major)

But might it be easier to construct to parallel hacks? Following the same events using the same new redesigned maps and etc, for the most part but differering based on your status as a Rocket / Police Enforcement.

Like i said i'm not an experienced hacker, so i don't know...
My logic is it may take longer to work on two hacks in some aspects. But I think it'd make code structure simpler without having to make something Like
"If Rocket trigger Event X"
"If Enforcement trigger Event Z"

I know it's probably abit more involved then that but that's my basic take on it...

But then I don't know if you planned on being able to switch roles either I saw someone suggest it. which could make more variables but if this is possible then I guess it wouldnt matter to have just one hack lol.
another real basic Example
"If Rocket turned into Law Enforcement trigger Event Y" or vice verse.

My goal is to create a branching storyline, I want it to change based on the decisions you make.

hey, I know this is offtopic, but do you have a banner of the game (I know it's early to ask but perhaps you already have one)
Because I've played the Toxic Purple Aplha, and it was GREAT.
I really don't want this hack to die, but I'm new to the scene of playing rom hacks (I can't script or anything)
But is the hack still in progress or did it die?

P.S I understand if you delete the message because it's off topic, but if someone respond to me I'll delete it myself, because I couldn't find the thread in progressing hacks.
Sorry for off topic again.

The game hasn't progressed far enough to be in the "Progressing Hacks" section of the forum. It will get there, but no telling when.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2018
Ah i see about the branching story-line then nevermind my idea lol. Well hope to see this get somewhere, good luck!

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
Nickname/What you want to be called: call me Manadhon

Position: Scripter, Music hacker, or anything within my abilities.

When you're on and timezone: Eastern Standard, and I visit daily at random intervals.

Proof of Work: Guess I could email you something

Way of contact: Pm me I guess, or email perhaps.

Why you want to join: I'd like to do something productive this summer.

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
I can still help you. All scripting programs use the same terminology, although it varies from program to program. For that matter, (forgot to mention this) I did start out with XSE before switching to pksvui, so it's not like I can't help.

Years
Nickname/What you want to be called: I prefer Blu c:

Position: Storyliner

When you're on and timezone: Im usually on every day for maybe 3 hours or so

Proof of Work: (optional, but greatly appreciated)- I write many short stories and fan fictions and even have been working on a full novel.

Way of contact: My email [email protected] is always good, but you can pm me too.

Why you want to join: I want to help out with a hack and make this community better doing it :)

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Ok, i am having trouble with flags. I can set the flags sucessfully, but I can't get certain events to react to flags.

Blu, Yeah, I will accept your help if I need it. I have a pretty solid storyline as of now.

Last edited:

StyxMaster

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2013
Hey, I just wanted to say, I really love this idea, especially how you want it to be less linear. I also want to ask if you've ever posted this on reddit's pokemonROMhacks subreddit. I bet you could get a lot of help from people if you were to do this.

Years
Nickname: PokeHacks11
Position: Organizer
Timezone: Central and I am on almost every day around 7:30
Reason to Join: I heard you need an organizer for your game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Nickname: jenkins
position: mapper, tester, and scripter
When I'm on: different times everyday
Proof of work: If you have a dropbox I can send you some of my roms I mess around with
Way of contact: on here
why you want to join: your game sounds awesome and would love to see it grow

Back