• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hoi Ichiro, that's my job. *slap*

But he does strike a point.

Anyways, Summer holidays are coming up (for America at least. It's getting colder here) which usually means activity here will INCREASE! We should expect an influx of new users and new roleplayers and new roleplays!! GET EXCITED!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm going to try to encourage new RPers (that post a thread in my section) to come here. I tell them that the RP corner here is really amazing (and yes, me being here proves it! ^_^) and that'll probably increase activity (and make Skyrim happy. :D)

Also as a point of interest, how many people actually look at the Roleplay Library?

Being someone trying to find *another* good RP to join, I haven't looked at it just yet. :(

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I look at the RP Library every now and then, but I more so pay attention to the Accepted thread to see what's new.

And answering a previous topic on character naming, about half of the names I come up with have character relevance, such as a certain part being connected to the personality or history. Other names are either going to be random because I can't come up with something (and will likely be inspired by certain characters from games and shows like Touhou), or ones I look up for cultural usage. (Like a boy named Andrea with Greek or Italian heritage.)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well, I have submitted the Elder Scrolls RP mentioned a few pages back. I would have done it sooner, but I was too busy hunting dragons, and while doing that I TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I can benefit from the Accepted thread, actually. It's easier for people to check out the RPs that are accepting SUs and get started from the beginning, rather than having to sign up in the middle of an RP imo.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Indeed, summer vacation = more roleplaying from me. I had a lot going on in my life during the spring semester so it kind of through me RP thoughts out of wack. I recently submitted the second coming of "The Elite Army" a Pokemon war based RP, but I'm waiting on acceptance. What's up guys? :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I don't look much at the RP Library because Ichiro is lazy with updating it anyways ;p
I'm subscribed to the Accepted thread and always check it out when Skymin updates it. It's a good way of finding new RPs to join, but you should also keep your eyes open for people posting in this thread saying that their older RPs have new spots open.

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
Yup, totally agree with red here. The updates are rather slow and i always check the approved roleplay thread now and then to check out the new roleplays.

Ok new topic....

Where do you get most your inspirations or ideas? Book? Anime? Internet?

I get most my stupidest ideas from animes. There are some really interesting ideas that comes out of them.

Most of my realistic ideas though comes from mere book. I like them better cause it helps my writting skills to improve and also to tempt me to come on PC to talk about them :). What about you guys?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Hoi Ichiro, that's my job. *slap*

But he does strike a point.

Anyways, Summer holidays are coming up (for America at least. It's getting colder here) which usually means activity here will INCREASE! We should expect an influx of new users and new roleplayers and new roleplays!! GET EXCITED!
I think that with the release of Conquest and BW2 the influx would really happen regardless. It'll be exciting, but I'm poor and won't be able to buy either of them (all my funds right now are going to Persona 4 The Golden and a Vita), so I'll have to sit out on any BW2 RPs (though Conquest ones are basically pre-Tokugawa era, which I can jump right into).

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
How often do I check the RP Library?

Never. I actually never do it for some reason...

Where do I get my names from?

I mostly come up with them at random while others have a certain meaning to them. But so far there's only been one with a name that has a certain meaning.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Speaking of BW2, I'm having fun comparing the plot of BW2 to the plot of Pokemon Fallout. If you pay attention to the trailers, you'll notice a picture of the world map with a significant portion of Unova literally covered with ice. Apocalyptic setting indeed! It's a very different type of apocalypse if that's indeed what they're going for though. It brings to mind Platinum version, only possibly much more extreme.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Old topic-

I tend to use japanese names :p like sapphire hikaru (only her last name), hikari kaede, kitsune kyuubi and stuff xD normally i choose names that suit my characters.

NOW! I hope alot of new RPers join this summeerrr!!! :D woot~ let's give them a warm welcome ;D

Lol i really need to stop getting all hyper.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Speaking of BW2, I'm having fun comparing the plot of BW2 to the plot of Pokemon Fallout. If you pay attention to the trailers, you'll notice a picture of the world map with a significant portion of Unova literally covered with ice. Apocalyptic setting indeed! It's a very different type of apocalypse if that's indeed what they're going for though. It brings to mind Platinum version, only possibly much more extreme.

In Fallout, the apocalyptic events are the Virus and Arceus recalling all pokémon, right?

I actually think the ice on the BW2 map isn't going to be there when the game is released. If you look closely, you see new areas hidden under the ice that weren't there in BW. The ice is only on the map to hide some new areas until release :3

I generally don't prefer apocalyptic settings in RPs. Makes me feel depressed xD

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Here guys, I've got a topic for ya.

Do you have any recurring themes, or personal cliches that remain consistent through your RPing?

I know there are a few offers who enjoy such a thing, and I do it on here as well. One of the personal cliches I've created involves Heterochromia: multiple eye colors. I do this because, well, I have Heterochromia, and I like to have small things like that implemented.

Either it is a natural thing, it has a reasoning behind it, or on other occasions, the character doesn't even have Heterochromia until later in the story.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Here guys, I've got a topic for ya.

Do you have any recurring themes, or personal cliches that remain consistent through your RPing?

I know there are a few offers who enjoy such a thing, and I do it on here as well. One of the personal cliches I've created involves Heterochromia: multiple eye colors. I do this because, well, I have Heterochromia, and I like to have small things like that implemented.

Either it is a natural thing, it has a reasoning behind it, or on other occasions, the character doesn't even have Heterochromia until later in the story.

That's quite cool! What colors do you have? :) I only knew one girl with a blue and a green eye. In RPing, I feel that this thing has been marked with the cliche stamp for so long ago that we don't even see it often nowadays. At least I can't recall seeing it very much on here. So it's cool :3

As for me, hmm... my characters used to be consistently bubbly or outgoing, but I think that changed with a few of my later characters now. I'm not sure if I have a consistent cliche-like thing that I have in my RPing. Perhaps that I always write out my character's thoughts for everyone to see and understand, rather than hide them and let players guess what my characters are thinking. It doesn't sound like one of the things you mean though xD

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
So more activity in summer? -_- I have summer school, so things won't change much for me.

I'm not answering to pokemonmaster_draco's topic, & I don't get Zerin's topic, so no answer from me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
So more activity in summer? -_- I have summer school, so things won't change much for me.

I'm not answering to pokemonmaster_draco's topic, & I don't get Zerin's topic, so no answer from me.

If you don't want to answer a topic, then just don't ._. there's no need to state that you won't answer it. If anything, it might just hurt the person who started the topic.

In the summer, I hope to be about as active as I am now. I think I am rather active now :p at least my activity won't decrease in the summer.

Sapphire Rose

Years
RHCP- i'm still going to be active too :)

SD- and summer school? that sucks :( don't worry, i'll be there for ya everyday ^^

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
I should be just as active as I am now, though there are a few things going on that will probably affect my activeness - possibly going on a cruise with some friends, moving house (hopefully in July), my birthday and a few parties here and there though I could always try RPing with a hangover. c=

Sapphire Rose

Years
Youkai Academy's youkai limit has become bigger! the character limit has expired with 3 instead of 2, tomorrow i'll be adding a few new youkai, up untill now there are 13 students and 1 teacher~

teacher can be any youkai they want, no limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back