• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bedtimes: How late is too late?

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
It's 1:30 am here and I'm still up.

Is this... bad? Is this... normal? I really should have gone to bed over an hour ago... this is too late for me. What time do you typically go to bed? How late is too late?

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
My favorite bedtime is between 4 and 7am. For me, after that is too late, but sometimes I stay up anyway.

Years
If I don't have work in the morning, it isn't uncommon for me to stay up until 2 or 3 AM. Even when I know I've got to be up at 7:00, I still find myself staying up until about 1:00 most nights. This probably is too late, but then again, some people need more sleep than others.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
It dephends on the day of the week for me

mon-fri 12am due to school the next day
sat-sun I don't sleep

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Anytime past 3:00 is when I start to feel like I really should head to bed. As it is, my job is very physically demanding, so it takes a lot of energy out of me, and when I finally do go to sleep, I usually sleep until around 11:00 - 1:00 no matter what time I go to bed.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I don't function properly after 2 AM. If I'm still awake after that time, my mind starts thinking on "man how nice it would be to be sleeping right now" and it becomes impossible for me to think of anything else anymore XD Not fun.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
These days it just seems that as long as I get eight hours in the past twenty four hours I'm good. Can't say that I've had a 'bedtime' lately that isn't "early" or "late". Just whenever I feel tired and go to sleep. I should fix that but it's not going to be tonight that I do.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I try not to stay up past 4am , but someday, I can get distracted or not be able to sleep and stay up to 5-7am. Lately, I've been trying not to stay up too late.

Years
Week days, I won't be awake any longer than 11PM, because I am up crazy early for work. Weekends however, whenever I am tired, whether that be 1am or 3am.​

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm usually in bed around 11pm, and then eventually fall asleep at 11:30pm due to browsing on here for the half and hour on my iPod, haha. (That's on weekdays, where I have school the next morning). Surprisingly I can cope well and still process things pretty well with a little lack of sleep. On weekends, I'm usually up to 12pm - 1am, depending if I feel tired or not.

The Works

Omochikaeri!
Years
On weekdays, I'm supposed to be sleeping by 9PM because of school, but sometimes I get distracted and end up sleeping at 11. When that happens, I end up feeling really tired and sleepy at school.

On weekends, I usually stay up to 1AM. After 2AM I feel like I'm supposed to be in bed and occasionally I lie down and end up sleeping while the computer is still on.

Bela

Banned
Years
I go to bed really 'late' nowadays. Usually that's some time around now, about 6 or 7 am. I've stayed up till noon or later a few times, but that's really only to reset my sleep schedule so it's more in line with the people around me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I usually sleep between 2 and 3 nowadays, no matter when I need to get up. That's just when I start getting tired.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Doesn't bother me as long as I get at least 10 hours sleep on weekends and on weekdays, about 7.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'm a kid who lives in the Philippines. In a private school, classes start at 7 AM. Therefore I should sleep early, around 7 or 8 PM, so I could wake up at 5:10 AM. Crazy.

Years
It all depends on when I need to get up. For a later shift, being up until 1-2AM isn't too bad. For a 9AM shift, that's far too late. If I don't have to get up at any time the next day, it's only late if it's 4AM. :p I've really got to set my sleeping schedule better.

Years
Anything after 12 AM is too late to be considered a "bedtime" IMO. Unless it's a weekend, or if you have nothing to do the next day.

Years
I tend to think "too late" is just any time where you won't get enough sleep before the next day. Going to bed three hours before you have to be up for something? ....yeah, way too late a bedtime.

I personally tend to find myself going to bed around... 3 or 4 am, assuming I have nothing else going on the next day. If I have to wake up early...1 or 2 am at the very latest.

I've never been able to kick my night owl habit no matter what time I have to wake up. :(

Back