• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Imperial Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

Looking good man. That guy in the third screen totally has a "me gusta" face haha

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
Could we have a link to play to the demo? :D
Please

Currently there is no demo, thats still about a month and half away, more or less. But when that day comes, the link should be right in the first post.

Thanks for the interest in the game!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
ok :)
thank you Rickyboy

Anyway I am looking forward that the demo either poster :D

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
The camera is really jerky at the beginning, and the animation is a bit stiff, but other than that, it looks excellent. HYPE GET

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
The camera is really jerky at the beginning, and the animation is a bit stiff, but other than that, it looks excellent. HYPE GET

The animation was bound to be taken out of context. Anyways, since starrmyt decided to reveal the footage before I intended, I might as well post the full thing...

I'm not sure what you mean about "stiff" though. Look at is body proportions, its not going to be the most flexible thing on the planet. Regardless, if we can get videos to work for the intro, it will be remade hopefully. There are multiple things to improve, I'm aware.

Also, the monday(alright, I had to work, so its tuesday) update-

FENSORD

Fensordpic.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
another game that I know by the art devian go trailer I like the style and personal touch, the story very good, although for my taste I see some empty mapped but not if you like xD so no problem for me lol . a greeting.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
We're kind of at a standstill right now, mostly coding and that stuff is being accomplished. Here are two animations I whipped up, based on aquakips original sprites of course.

Bambouse.gif
Fernlinganimation.gif

Yes, they're simple, I know.

It does bring up a point I was about to make though, which is that we'd be all for it if anybody wants to join the team and animate the sprites. It'd be a great opportunity for anyone who just wants to have fun spriting, and have it actually be used for something, plus meet and work with the great team we have.
If anyone is interested in the slightest, just v.m or p.m. me. Thanks, and enjoy!

Years
wow! this looks great! i really like this project. So awesome so far! And those animations are great! i would really like to help with the rest... i don't have ANY experience though, so everything i can do is support strongly with all my heart lol (or "jajaja" as we laugh in spanish xD).

If the task is not that hard and you think i could help, just let me know and i'll do it. I'm really interested in approaching game developement and everything is a good begining.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
wow! this looks great! i really like this project. So awesome so far! And those animations are great! i would really like to help with the rest... i don't have ANY experience though, so everything i can do is support strongly with all my heart lol (or "jajaja" as we laugh in spanish xD).

If the task is not that hard and you think i could help, just let me know and i'll do it. I'm really interested in approaching game developement and everything is a good begining.

Its not really that difficult, the hardest part in my opinion is just seperating the base sprite into parts(so you don't have to edit every frame).

I use gimp for them, which is free to download. I just seperate each frame into a layer, and when you're done, you can just save it as a gif. animation throught the program itself.

Its worth noting that for me personally, it takes around a half an hour or more for each animation, just so you're aware.

Years
Its not really that difficult, the hardest part in my opinion is just seperating the base sprite into parts(so you don't have to edit every frame).

I use gimp for them, which is free to download. I just seperate each frame into a layer, and when you're done, you can just save it as a gif. animation throught the program itself.

Its worth noting that for me personally, it takes around a half an hour or more for each animation, just so you're aware.

0K, i'll chek the program and see how it goes... I'll get the sprites from you i guess?? Or am I the one who gets to design each animation?

yeah... i'm really, really a begginer but hey! i got a lot of commitment! lol

EDIT: OK, i tried the program and i got it right away. Just lend me your sprites and i'll make my magic :P

Last edited:

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
I saw the trailer and my jaw dropped! It flat out blew me away! I must say this is getting me quite excited. I'm so looking forward to April.

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
OMG. Lookz so kool :0

Looking forward to the demo :)

Also, you should release like, some sprites, information, and dialogue each week, like you did on the Helio thread.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
OMG. Lookz so kool :0

Looking forward to the demo :)

Also, you should release like, some sprites, information, and dialogue each week, like you did on the Helio thread.

Believe me, at the rate we're getting the game done, we'd have released every piece of info by the time we get it out there.

Plus, I think we've released enough info as is. You have to keep in mind our game has no coder, so the game relies utterly on graphics and and story to impress.

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
Believe me, at the rate we're getting the game done, we'd have released every piece of info by the time we get it out there.

Plus, I think we've released enough info as is. You have to keep in mind our game has no coder, so the game relies utterly on graphics and and story to impress.

Fair enough. Ironically though, Aquakip said he was gonna upload a basic stage pokemon with its sillouhets (how do I spell that) each week XD

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Trust me though, we have 251 Pokemon in our regional fakedex. So to be perfectly honest with you, we have a lot of time--i mean that's just 52 pokemon released per year, and we're not going to keep you guys waiting for a year :P

Also just so you guys know, all of the images in our thread have been sniped by iaza.com and we're working to get them back so youre not looking at a block of dark green with text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back