• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did anyone beat the E4 and Champ with just one Pokemon?

kingfor6

Pkmn Trainer SS Goku
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2015
Ive done it with every starter in gen 1-3. I have also done it with a Pidgeot in both Red and Gold. I was considering trying with Geodude in Gold.

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
I've only managed to do it once, and that was with a Luxray in Platinum. Made it all the way through the game with just that and two HM slaves. However, it eventually got canned by Cynthia's Garchomp, and wasn't able to get around it till I got more cannon fodder. :P

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
Well I did it with an Electabuzz in Silver in a Solo challenge but I'm not sure if you'd count that. I didn't beat the Elite Four on G/S/C as a kid, I couldn't get through Ice Path or whatever you call the cave between Mahogany and Blackthorn which is quite embarrassing.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
I managed to get through the entire Johto Region/Pokémom League with just my Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr. It was both my powerhouse and HM slave. By the time I got to the League, I believe it was already close to 70. Haha.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Almost the same Moveset as myself. I gave it Surf, Ice Beam, Crunch, Strength. Of course, I had to have a few extras solely for Cut, Fly, Whirlpool and Waterfall.

Years
I did in Crystal! With Shuckle as a kid, actually. :) I don't remember how I did it but I know it was a huge pain in the butt lmao.

kgarra8649

Black 2= Beat in 1 day!!!!!
Years
Yeah. Most recently in Black 2 I trained up my Starmie to like level 70 and taught it Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, and Surf. That knocked out not only the E4 but also Iris all by itself!

catroZ

Working...Don't bother me...
Years
Oh yeah I did do it a couple of weeks ago when I was playing crystal(with Feraligatr).I also beat the crap outta Red with the same Feraligatr.

Sirfetch’d

I was able to defeat them using only my Feraligatr due to some intense level grinding and the fact that he was over 20 levels stronger.

Years
Couple years ago, I did the Celebi Glitch to get Mewtwo (It's a good thing that Splash is the move needed), raised it to 100, and it ****s up everything that stands on its way.

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
I didn't know you were supposed to level up multiple Pokemon, so I defeated the E4+Lance in Crystal with just a level 64 Typhlosion (and my Lvl 24 Spinarak, in case Fire Dude (my Typhlosion) fainted, so I could Revive him.

Years
I did a run through of Crystal once with only a shiny Scyther. Other than that one time though, I have more fun with a full party.

darkdude141

Owner of That Little Corner
Years
When I was first into pokemon, I thought metronome was the best move of all time, so I made my togepi extremely overpowered without evolving it because, ew, wings. I pumped everything I had into it, it was poisoned? Holy sh*t get that pokemon a pecha berry asap! It was down by one hp? Use the hyper potion! Seriously, togepi is #3 on my top ten list of pokemon.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
XD I was stupid as a kid so I trained Charizard to level 100 to challenge everything head on. I was stupid to have Fly, Blast Burn, Flamethrower and Ember I Blast Burned everything to death.

Back