• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Whitney VS Jasmine

Whitney VS Jasmine

• Whitney and Miltank

Votes: 61 70.1%
  • Jasmine and Steelix

Votes: 26 29.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Whitney because nothing's more frustrating than her Miltank using Rollout constantly and then healing itself with Milk Drink. Jasmine wasn't very hard for me.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2016
I say Jasmine because Jasmine have Steelix and Steelix is harder to beat

Stodd

Dragon Tamer
Years
Jasmine was always a challenge, but I would generally have one of my pokemon know dig and over-train it so it could take out that steelix. the magnemites and their thunderbolt was harder for me, because a 'mites special is so high. for me, whitney is the toughest, generally because you don't have a great type advantage that early, HOWEVER, you could trade for that machop in the mart and train it excessively.
in conclusion, that miltank is a pest. whitney was harder.

if only you had a magmar with dynamic punch and fire punch... lol you'd take them both out no prob. too bad dynamic punch isn't available that early. i thought chuck was tougher than both of them though. that dynamic punch hits more than it misses with him, for some reason. and my pokemon ALWAYS hits himself in confusion.
with the right team, neither gym leader is tough. none of them are, actually. they are just annoying! rollout, milk drink, steel tail, its all annoying, but it can be handled somewhat easily.
just my two cents.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2016
Well the steelix was gym 6. Not gym 3. I had a much more well rounded and higher leveled team by that point in the game. Thats is why Miltank was always harder for me.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2024
I used to always get destroyed by Whitney's Miltank's Rollout. Especially after two or three hits.

I've never had a problem with Jasmine, I always used Typhlosion/Feraligatr as my leader.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I usually always had a Water Pokemon by the time I reached Jasmine so I never had a problem with her. Perhaps once or twice, but not anytime that I can remember. While I don't remember the details I'm pretty sure that Whitney was always more of a pain because I almost never have a fighting or rock pokemon with me.

Years
I picked Whitney cos her Miltank is very overpowered for that stage in the game, and Miltank is one of my fave Normal-types too.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Steelix was a piece of cake compared to Miltank. I never really had a problem with Steelix because I would have a Feraligatr and he would know water type moves. Miltank on the other hand was so annoying with the move rollout; she would keep using that move even if it kept missing my Pokemon. I also did not like Whitney's personality of being a sore loser and she should not be a gym leader.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2012
Growlithe laughs as he annihilates all of Jasmine's pokemon with fire wheel. I don't understand how anyone can find Jasmine to be hard. One fire type pokemon will rock her whole team.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Jasmine's Steelix can't even be compared with Whitney's Miltank. That cow can take more beating than most steel type Pokemon can!

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Whitney and her Miltank. For sure. Though Jasmine and how party were pretty tough as well, just not as tough. Oh how I remember spending so many hours as a kid stuck in Goldenrod city just trying to train my Pokemon to even compare to hers.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Whitney and Miltank I dreaded when I replay any Johto game I now have this thing where I get all my pokemon usually 3 or 4 by this stage up to Lv30 just to avoid complications this generally means I spend an extra couple of hours riding my bicycle along Goldenrod City waiting for my Lv29 Croconaw so I can level him up and evolve him/her.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Whitney's Miltank is much more difficult. My Magmar took down Jazz's Steelix easily, while it took me several times to take down Miltank.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Whitney's Miltank! It has destroyed me like every single time I play G/S/C and HG/SS. Jasmine's Steelix sure is high-leveled, but if you pick Totodile or Cyndaquil, it will be a walk in a park, but if you choose Chikorita, you will have to have a ground move.

I thought it was a who's more cuter/prettier contest, I would have voted for Jasmine, damn it, that title's confusing.

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
I took down whitney with my HM Slave Furret. I Taught her Defense Curl and rollout and I took my anger out on Clefairy and my last rollout KO'd Miltank in one hit.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
For me it was definitely miltank. Steelix was alright, but until then my pokemon were trained enough to take him on, so it wasn't nearly as hard has Miltank.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Jasmine, becuz that Magnemite beat poor Slowbro and that steelix was a powerhouse. As for Whitney and Miltank... I landed in a critical hit, so I guess I got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back