• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM-hackers Alpha Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Strombreaker was disbanded.Laziness of members etc. And thank you for offer. Announcement: If you need some custom tiles PM Don Patch ( if you don't mind), members :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Not laziness, mostly because of most members' inactivity.

Current Team:

Christos Co-Owner, Mapper, Scripter, Palette Editor
cartmic - Founder, Co-Owner, Mapper, Spriter, Scripter, Tile Maker - quit
XxGreivousxX - Spriter, Storyline Maker - inactive
Scyther - Head Spriter - inactive
Sugimori - Mapper, Spriter
Don Patch - Head Mapper, Spriter, Tile Maker, Music Composer
White Mage- Mapper, Scripter - lazy
Blackandy - Mapper, Beta tester - inactive
TreeckoLv.100 - Mapper, Spriter - inactive
MrSnrub - Mapper - banned
Iceman - Spriter, Overworld mapper - inactive

Is anyone here good at overworld/region mapping?
I need someone to help me with Liquid Ocean's region.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
I can make a map, but don't want me to implement map into the game. You can take NG Kanto as a reference to my skills.

EDIT: Does any one know how to safely edit the gamecode? Like BPRE to other one, like ABCD, for example?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
We can talk in Windows Messenger about the region map.
And you can edit the gamecode with a Hex Editor. Open your ROM and you'll see "FIREBPRE" in the text. You can edit it.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Thanks for the advice, so now we shall discuss the map. And people, do you remember Speedonh's storyline? Please start the new project with the Emerald codebase.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
It's a good idea. Is there anyone willing to be the lead hacker?
We have the storyline, now we need a name and the lead hacker.

Please post if you want to be the lead hacker on this or post name suggestions for the new project.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
Hello peoples
i'm presenting you new titlescreen of pokemon Rainbow Wings
its not completly done but leet me know what do you think.
rainbow_01.png

leet me know if you wanted to use Giratina or Heatran?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
The titlescreen is nice, keep Giratina.

Heatran would look nice too but Giratina matches more with the name of your hack.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
h thanks, so we shall discuss the map. And people, do you remember Speedonh's storyline? Please start the new project with the Emerald codebase.

just one think about it
its better to make it a hack of ruby
because emerald have alot of errors
i think that is reson why Christos have changed a base of his hack to Pokemon Fire Red

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Oh, okay. But I think it will be good to import FR tileset to improve graphics. And the titlescren loks really nice :D

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
I think a good name for the hack would be pokemon aftermath (this name has been used before, but the hack died long ago). I don't really have the right amount of skills to be hack leader.

Also, Christos i would like to know your decision on my spriting, i am an official spriter, do i need to improve more or am i just not accepted?

Thanks

Years
Nice title screen, Keba. Giratina looks great.

And for people who want me to make them tiles: when sending me a request, please make it somewhat detailed. Like size, colors, style, etc.
If I get a PM just saying "CAN Y00 Make M3 TiLeS? PLZ??!?" or something like that, I will not make any for the person that sent it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I think a good name for the hack would be pokemon aftermath (this name has been used before, but the hack died long ago). I don't really have the right amount of skills to be hack leader.

Also, Christos i would like to know your decision on my spriting, i am an official spriter, do i need to improve more or am i just not accepted?

Thanks

Your spriting has improved, you should try making a sprite with different parts of trainers to keep the shading and the outline look fine and edit the face a bit.

Can anyone make a trainer sprite and backsprite for the overworld sprite in this screenshot?

43c555f.png

For the backsprite, you can just change Fire Red's hero's backsprite colors and edit the head,

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Oh, it's nice that our group is this active! ^^ I think there be one -only for RHA- NG beta available.

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
is the beta available now? If so, can you get me a copy plz :)

@Christos: i don't really understand.... do you want me to use all different parts of trainers, to keep the shading, or to reshade them?

Thanks

Last edited:

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Everyone from RHA and certified testers will be able to get their copy of NG patch. So please wait. Maybe this evening (GMT+1 - 10:07 AM is here.)... or sooner :D

And please someone start to think about somehacking tutorials, so we can be a more productive group. If someone wants revamping, or mapping, tell me and I can help you.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
is the beta available now? If so, can you get me a copy plz :)

@Christos: i don't really understand.... do you want me to use all different parts of trainers, to keep the shading, or to reshade them?

Thanks

I mean, when you make your sprites, you can use different parts of trainers, edit the shading a bit to look fine with the sprite and recolor it and edit the face and other things.

BlueSonic

Banned
Years
Hello, Sorry for the inactivity. I was busy with some home stuff.

I'v been making some progress too with PE and as Matt said, I too may release a alpha too. Just for you guys ^_^

BTW, Christos, Nice OW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back