• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Multiple Save Files

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
BECAUSE CLONING WOULD RUIN THE DAMN GAMES
If you could clone a Pokemon Legit then
You could clone your Pokemon then trade 1 Copy away and get an Ultra cool Pokemon
and the Other Person didnt clone their Ultra Cool Pokemon

That means that other Person traded their Ultra Cool Pokemon with you hoping to get Potentially your 1 and Only X Pokemon but in reality you basically got the Ultra Cool Pokemon for Free...

People already clone Pokemon all the time, there are several really easy ways to do it! That's how we trade nowadays really :) It's not like that really! That's how we get to keep our shinies so we can trade it away to more people. You can only benefit really! Plus if you only want a regular (not shiny, not EV or IV) Pokemon, it's actually quite easy, lots of people are willing to trade them away for free! :3

I would love it if multiple save files could happen, but I don't really see it! Wouldn't it take up a lot of space? I would prefer a large game file than one half the size and the ability to play with multiple files. I'm not sure though because I don't actually make the games! :P

They haven't had any multiple files for any spin offs where I can see it being more likely, so I don't think this game will be the one.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Um That wouldn't help any more than the already in place save protection of not being able to delete the save file without being at the Main Menu

Plus if there were Multiple save files it Would be far to easy to Clone Pokemon -_-
This. I mean, imagine these steps:

1. Play game. Collect all legendaries, some Events, etc.
2. On menu, Copy Game function to duplicate game.
3. Trade Pokémon from duplicate game.
4. Delete duplicate game.
5. Repeat steps 2-4.

It would mean infinite duplicate legendaries. Not what GF has in mind. They won't do this the same as many other types of games do (New Super Mario Bros. 2 for example), but they possibly could allow a second or third save WITHOUT the ability to copy your game. Or they might include a backup function that allows you to restore a saved game deleted in error (this might also be abused however by hackers).

Cyclone

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
BECAUSE CLONING WOULD RUIN THE DAMN GAMES

If you could clone a Pokemon Legit then
You could clone your Pokemon then trade 1 Copy away and get an Ultra cool Pokemon
and the Other Person didnt clone their Ultra Cool Pokemon

That means that other Person traded their Ultra Cool Pokemon with you hoping to get Potentially your 1 and Only X Pokemon but in reality you basically got the Ultra Cool Pokemon for Free...

Uhhhhh....dude. There are several ways to clone PKMNs. Example, you have Soul Silver and Diamond, you can clone your PKMNs in Diamond then trade to Sul Silver to trade to another person. You can clone PKMNs even in one game one save file. Another example: A dude wants Pichu for his Togepi. You can catch Pichu in the same place you catched him, then trade one and you keep the other one with you O_O. So, yeah, I hope they can make multiple save files.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Highly doubtful -- they make more money by having only one save per file because people will buy another copy of the game.

blue

gucci
Years
If you could back save files up onto an SD card and then load them at any time, that would enable multiple saves in a way but I'm not sure that's likely just yet.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I don't see it happening, but if it did they could easily just disable duplicating your save. The game saved to slot 1, stays in slot 1.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
All this worrying about save size vs game size. The 3DS does have a sd card.

As for cloning, there will always be some one out that finds a way to cheat the game. And seeing as these are coming out so soon after B/W2 and in multiple languages there is liable to have a bug or two.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I Buy more copies of the game ONLY to have a second save file.

A USED copy of the game bought on the cheep, if possible. I did pay full price for Black and White. (six months apart)

Nintendo knows what they be doing!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yep, as much as we'd all love it, Nintendo rakes in the cash by only having one save file, and I can't see them changing it any time soon.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Okay let's look at this by Nintendo's point of view

If someone wants to have 3 files for Pokemon X/Y.

Pokemon X/Y with 3 save file per game = 35$ (We'll assume it's going to be 35$)
Pokemon X/Y with 1 save file per game = 105$

If someone wanted to have 3 different files and there's only one save file per game, they would have to buy 3 copies of X/Y which will be 105$. Which brings more profit for Nintendo. So I think they would keep it the way it is now.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I doubt it. And for people complaining about multiple save files being able to clone, there are easier ways to clone Pokemon. I'm sure hackers would just use Action Replay to clone. But I highly doubt there would be multiple save files.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I doubt it. And for people complaining about multiple save files being able to clone, there are easier ways to clone Pokemon. I'm sure hackers would just use Action Replay to clone. But I highly doubt there would be multiple save files.

True, and it would basically be almost impossible to clone Pokémon without using a hacking device, not that we know there'll be a hacking device for the Nintendo 3DS anyways. xD

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Seeing as most of the games (spin-offs included) did not allow for more than one save file, I doubt they'd do it here.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It was confirmed that Pokemon nicknames are the reason why we don't have more than one save file. According to an interview regarding Gen 1, They had to choose between nicknames and another save file, and they decided to choose the nickname option, because they find it fun.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Saved data

I don't think this has been made yet, but what about multiple saved files? Would this be a good idea? Or a turn for the worst?

Personally, I'd like to have at max of 2 files you can play through. So say you wanted to play through the version again, but with another starter and you don't want to delete your other file. thats when the other file comes in..

But anyway, what are your guys thoughts?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I don't think this has been made yet, but what about multiple saved files? Would this be a good idea? Or a turn for the worst?

Personally, I'd like to have at max of 2 files you can play through. So say you wanted to play through the version again, but with another starter and you don't want to delete your other file. thats when the other file comes in..

But anyway, what are your guys thoughts?
Yup, we discussed this. I'm still against it.

Cyclone

Years
I would be more than happy with two save files available (one for my main game, and another if I want to play through again, but keep my old stuff). That being said, money would be lost if it was more convenient to share games, so I don't see it happening for X/Y, or really any other future game.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, and I won't continue into this OT bit.

Did Orre's games (Colosseum and XD) have multiple save files?

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2013
Would love for it to happen, multiple save files=a play through with each new starter without having to delete my old save and old pokemon/transfer them over (which takes forever!). unfortunately, multiple save files=everyone trying to clone pokemon as well :(

Back