• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Manga/Comics Random Chit-Chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Feast your eyes on the Pokemon Manga / Comics Daily Chit Chat! A place where you can talk casually about the pokemon manga / comics~

Before you all start chatting away there are a few rules we all have to go by.
1. All of Pokecommunity's basic rules apply here as they do throughout the forum. To review these rules look here.
2. Any discussion about the Anime, ROM Hacking, Trading Card Game, or Roleplay belong in their respected forums.
3. Any discussion primarily about the games goes under one of the suitable categories in General Pokemon Gaming Discussions.
4. All discussion in this thread should be about Pokemon Manga / Comics. If you want to talk about something that doesn't involve Pokemon Manga / Comics, then Other Chat's Daily Chit-Chat is the place for you.

To start the discussion off, is there any thing you guys are looking forward to in any Pokemon Manga?

Last edited:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
This would defiantly bring up the activity! Yes I am, I'm waiting for chapter 9 to be up.
Spoiler:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
~ Activity boost. I've read only a few comics etc, but I have never read a collection. That's why I don't visit here XD; Uhmm, I want tor ead a B/W manga if there is one or is going to be one lol. I sound like a newbie, knowing nothing.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
~ Activity boost. I've read only a few comics etc, but I have never read a collection. That's why I don't visit here XD; Uhmm, I want tor ead a B/W manga if there is one or is going to be one lol. I sound like a newbie, knowing nothing.

There is one but it's coming out in a strange order in a magazine. Only 8 chapters are out so far.

Chapter 8 spoilers and prediction on 9:
Spoiler:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
We haven't gotten the chance to see the Stration gym leaders in the Manga have you noticed? This what I think might happen.
Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What am I looking forward to, eh? Looking forward to our Books-A-Million carrying more of these. I wish they had started doing that back in 2008 when I first joined PC and I was ALL into the manga. But oh well, sucks to be American. :'(

I actually need to catch up on the BW arc. Looks like I'm way behind. I'm just trying to go back to my roots.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What am I looking forward to, eh? Looking forward to our Books-A-Million carrying more of these. I wish they had started doing that back in 2008 when I first joined PC and I was ALL into the manga. But oh well, sucks to be American. :'(

I've actually never looked for these irl. I wonder if Border's or something has them.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
My book store barely carries them I mean they only carry at least 2 of them. I managed to find the first volume of the DP trio there but that is it. The main manga that they have where I live is the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl adventure.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I've seen the manga a lot at Borders and stuff, but not at Barnes and Noble. The library I'm working at even has a couple volumes, though quite a few are "The best of".

Anyways, I can't wait for chapter nine of the BW arc. Though, I still need to catch up on the DPPt chapters and Idek if HGSS is up online yet.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've seen the manga a lot at Borders and stuff, but not at Barnes and Noble. The library I'm working at even has a couple volumes, though quite a few are "The best of".

Anyways, I can't wait for chapter nine of the BW arc. Though, I still need to catch up on the DPPt chapters and Idek if HGSS is up online yet.

How would a "best of" for a manga even work? I mean, there's a plot and such, not like music where for the most part it's not connected to the other parts in the album. o_o

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
What's even weirder is that they released these long after they stopped producing PokeSupe in America. So that REALLY threw people off-track. But since I had read it online, I knew the story, and found that they didn't do the best job choosing the "best" chapters o3o

Speaking of online reading, I really wish I could find EToP (Electric Tale of Pikachu), PiPiPi Adventures/Magical Pokemon Journey, and DP Adventures (not DPPt PokeSupe) on here ;; Those are hard to come by, and I was lucky that the library where my dad lives had a bunch of the Magical Pokemon Journey stuff.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yup, I have The Best of Red and Yellow. But stupidly enough, in TBO Yellow, they don't even reveal Yellow as a girl. At all. Now I don't know about y'all, but I'd say the moment she was revealed to be a girl was one of, if not the best moment in the Yellow arc.

I've seen the DP ones at our BAM actually. No I will not get them for you because I do not have the money. ;-;

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
But stupidly enough, in TBO Yellow, they don't even reveal Yellow as a girl. At all. Now I don't know about y'all, but I'd say the moment she was revealed to be a girl was one of, if not the best moment in the Yellow arc.

I kind of new she was a girl (or guessed correctly) because of her appearance, in my opinion, she looked too girly to be a male.

:t354:TG

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I kind of new she was a girl (or guessed correctly) because of her appearance, in my opinion, she looked too girly to be a male.

:t354:TG

I was spoiled to begin with about her being a girl so I was just waiting for them to reveal it. But at first I was like "wait, I thought she was a girl? Is this a different Yellow?" lmao.

Years
I'm determined to get involved in at least on DCC xD

Speaking of online reading, I really wish I could find EToP (Electric Tale of Pikachu), PiPiPi Adventures/Magical Pokemon Journey, and DP Adventures (not DPPt PokeSupe) on here ;; Those are hard to come by, and I was lucky that the library where my dad lives had a bunch of the Magical Pokemon Journey stuff.
You think that's hard to find, i've been looking everywhere for Pokemon Pocket Monsters manga. Apparently it was quite funny and un-pokemon like, which makes me want to read it even more ;-;

But at first I was like "wait, I thought she was a girl? Is this a different Yellow?" lmao.
I was the same xD i didn't read the spoilers but come on, how can you not think this was a girl?
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2011
What's even weirder is that they released these long after they stopped producing PokeSupe in America. So that REALLY threw people off-track. But since I had read it online, I knew the story, and found that they didn't do the best job choosing the "best" chapters o3o

You can find DP Adventures on Amazon or in Barnes and noble/Borders(Though it requires buying/reading in the bookstore). Electric Tale of Pikachu and PiPiPi Adventures are really hard to find translated, you'd probably have to buy it in japanese or chinese and have someone read it for you haha.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
Years
Hey.
I see you guys are talking about the Best of series that Viz had out for a while.
Well, I think that maybe the Best of books were kind of like a pilot for the re-release of the rest of the series, mostly to see if people would still be interested in manga after it's 7 year hiatus.
Also, regarding the next chapter of the BW manga.

Spoiler:

Yeeep

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I have a few Magical Pokemon Journey mini-mangas (the big ones with just a few chapters) that I bought at a bookstore which was selling old books and mangas (for the most part). I also read several of it at the library that's close to my house. It makes me want to go and pick 'em back up and reread them, since it's been so long that I have.

As for PokeSupe I haven't been reading it for a while so I have no idea what's been going on in the B/W arc. Due to that, I'm not touching those spoiler tags. xD;

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
Years
^ It's ok Peachy.

Hm...I've read Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, and the Mystery Dungeon manga (the first one).

I don't remember what other manga I"ve read at the moment though. :/

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Does anyone honestly recommend me reading the Black and White manga if I didn't like the Diamond and Pearl one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back