• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - February 2011

Hack of the month?

• Pokémon Grey

Votes: 65 69.1%
  • Pokémon Palladium

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Pokémon CrystalDust

Votes: 21 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hack Of The Month- February 2011

Introduction:
You have until the first of March to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

This month's eligible hacks:

pokemongreyimage6.png
pokemongreyimage13.png
pokemongreyimage20.png

PokemonDemo4.png
PokemonDemo13.png
PokemonDemo21.png

slab.png
crystaldustmrpokemon.png
crystaldustpokecomcente.png

Rules:

• You may vote once per month, per hack.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Shouldn't there be a poll of some sort? You sure make it hard to choose. I choose grey because it had both (in my opinion) better graphics, and a better storyline than palladium. It was a tougher choice between it and crystaldust, but crystal dust is just a remake. It has plenty of good things in it, but it's still a remake.

Years
I pick Pokemon Crystal Dust since it follows the Crystal plot more while later on add some things such as the Sevii Islands. There aren't a lot of Emerald ROM Hacks you see now like Pokemon Flora Sky also.

marcc5m

what
Years
I vote for Pokemon Grey. Palladium I found really boring, I can't access the site to download CrystalDust, but even if I could I would still vote for Grey because I feel there are too many remakes.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Pokémon Grey is actually one of the best hacks I've seen in the past year. Everything about it screams quality. I'm one for originality when it comes to hacks, and well, remakes are done so often. Palladium wasn't very engaging and the old DPP tiles turned me off.

Years
Shouldn't there be a poll of some sort? You sure make it hard to choose. I choose grey because it had both (in my opinion) better graphics, and a better storyline than palladium. It was a tougher choice between it and crystaldust, but crystal dust is just a remake. It has plenty of good things in it, but it's still a remake.
Perhaps the thread was visible before I'd finished with the poll? Because it's definitely there, at least for me.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I voted for Pokemon Grey because it looks more appealing than the other two, and it seems to have some good progress.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Oh wow, this one's a tough choice! I was really impressed by all the hacks, but Pokemon Grey is my favorite, so it gets my vote.

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Voted for Crystal Dust.
I like GSC remakes, and it's one of the best ones out here.
Also, it's Emerald, and i support using it as a base for hacks. Fire Red is way overused for me.
Palladium comes in the next place, and then Grey.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
Awsome games...but pokemn grey seems weird!! and different, i vote for It!!!
wih all respects to other hacks are good too!

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
I vote for CrystalDust, because it really is how I imagined a Crystal Remake for GBA. Furthermore diego has an eye on every detail in the Hack, and the features for Beta 2 are just purely awesome ;)

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
i chose pokemon grey because i think it was a better looking hack than the others and the story was better as well.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I too choose Grey, and based on what other supporters have said, it gets my vote. It has a better backstory and has crisp graphics. CrystalDust is so a close second, though. Even if it's a remake, it does have extra features( hopefully implemented at later stages). However, with all these Gold/Silver/Crystal remakes here on this site, playing them gets repetitive, due to them being just remakes with added features(HGSS not included obviously). Palladium didn't get me interested when I was playing it, so yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back