• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

instanthaschen

Bug Catcher
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2012
Played up to your beep boop puzzle today, and love the direction of this romhack. Thought I did something wrong, so was coming here for an answer how to advance, but now I see it is just pretty much the end of your pre-Alpha demo. A couple suggestions if I may is that first you tone down some of the traps. A poison trap on the main screen can be absolutely brutal if you don't have an antidote berry on you. Also, as someone else mentioned, the Slowpoke trap should eventually wear off. Maybe just tweak the effect spore trap so it can only Burn, Paralyze, and Sleep, not Freeze or Poison. If you don't want to do that, add more Antidote berries or always keep status curing berries around effect spore traps, which would also be neat knowing there's always a cure nearby. A part of me also hates the traps that take my items, not so much money, but precious items away. Maybe you could make it possible to choose an item to drop to get away rather than it randomly taking that PP restore berry you were just about to use etc.? Then, some sort of reliable way of healing would also be nice, but you might be tring to avoid that entirely. Like a bed in Pachirisu's House or something. Just something you could use in town, but again you might be excluding that to avoid people grinding. Lastly, the text at the beginning of the game was a bit overwhelming before the first fight. Maybe you could either add a comical fight at the beginning like fighting the Great Black One or just something to break it up real quick without any real EXP gain, so the text doesn't wall you immediately. Just have the fight give you 1 EXP or something, and have it as a way for people playing for the first time to know it is standard battle mechanics. Anyways, thank you for creating a fun little time killer for now, and I look forward to more when you get to it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
I hope your still working on this, it's one of the more unique hacks out there, especially considering the character development that's involved.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2019
Great work! i love how this is turning out! i saw this and read all 14 pages for this!

And on a side note, When i tried to patch it using a few of the ruby Roms (yes i did search for the AXVE version) it told me that there was an error, could someone please post/pm the link for the Rom that was used/works for this game?

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
i'm stuck! D: i'm at the place where you chase the pidgeotto cause she stole the cold god from the elder bug...and there's a hole blocking what i believe to be is the exit...what do i fill it up with to cross over it? >_> i've been on this for hours. help? thanks~

--apple

HyperKiller

What if..?
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
hey, i got a question, when i patch the ups file it says the "Input checksum is invalid" can someone help?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
I made it to the end of pre-alpha!

Really, I love what you've done with this. It's a nice break from the cut-and-paste formula of the Pokemon games. However, I have to agree that Tangle Thicket was a little frustrating. I had no idea that you could pick up the sand until someone mentioned it in this thread.

I think there should be a few more healing berries available in dungeons, and there should definitely be something in each town you can heal with(perhaps a Pachirisu in each town, and you can use their bed?)
If there were healing areas in towns, then you wouldn't need to use berries to do all your healing, and then you could save them for emergency moments.

Over all, I really liked this hack. I'm eagerly waiting for the rest. c:

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2013
The hell This the game I am looking for ages diffirent story line and one eyed pikachu I am llooking for that kind of plot and you add thw world is being destroyed it awesome it can be a Pokemon Land of ruin

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2019
Momo will be avenged.... all Spearow will die by my hand....

This hack is great! Hack of the Year potential right here! :) this is one of the few alphas ive ever played, it usually bugs me that i cant finish it but this satisfied me :p. There should be a way to heal your team, and make it so that the first town you go into accept you, or something, maybe bring back that Nidoran that was taken by the slavers?

A few Pokemon should be intelligent enough to get farming and move by the Hunter Gather-er stage, like Alakazam and stuff, doesn't it have an IQ of about 5,000? basic farming perhaps? so that you can buy stuff or trade... something like that -_-

oh and not sure if your aware of this but the Seneret in the first forest give a ton of Exp, i got to level 18 before figuring out the puzzle. (which i did by myself :)

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
really love this hack but ive noticed some minor issues like missing "1"s so you can not walk in the mist of trees on the 3 map (counting your home, were momo dies, and the next map has a few missing squares

also is this beta only to where the elder finished talking because my hero only says ... ... ... ... after that part

and the sprites are messed up on where you input your name (girl version) and after when walking around

(it may just be me i am a little new to ups patching and that sort of stuff)

but other than that it is amazing

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2014
im stuck on the hole its very freaking difficult puzzle please tell me how to solve this

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2019
im stuck on the hole its very freaking difficult puzzle please tell me how to solve this

Read through the posts on the last 2 pages, it gives you a few hints...

And be sure to click on everything, bushes, trees, ground. there's items and certain other things that you need.
stuff that just looks like the terrain can actually be items that you need.

and were not supposed to give answers according to the Almighty creator of this game :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
I found a glitch with it which stops us progressing :( That is I have gotten to the part with the hole where you have to try and fill it in. I then was searching around places got in a fight somewhere I can't remember but I had just gotten the water and carried on searching then I had low HP and I was fighting against a machop and it killed me and then I respawned in some weird area which was split between the place where the spearow are attacking and the golden looking place. I found my way out after running through trees back to the place where the spearow are attacking go back to where the spearow flies up to go to the boss of them all and when I go to enter the dungeon on the map it says I have already conquered it but I hadn't have conquered it so I dunno where that came from. Then when I try to progress with the story that spearow is still not letting me past on the far right of the place the spearow are attacking and it is really nerve racking to get there :( Any help as to why it has happened?

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Great hack! I'm loving it, the storyline is very interesting, so far the gameplay is amazing, I'm in tangled thicket, I got the water, tried pouring in the hole but nothing it says "It just seeped into the ground" I don't want the answer to the puzzle but am I missing something?

Edit: Never mind I figured it out when I found out you could click on the sand

How did you get over the mud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back