• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think it'll be french only, with maybe some england and germany if anything else considering those three european nations show up the most in Japanese media. However it'll be best if England and Germany got their own regions where a certain part is central. Like the German region can be split in two, and England be split into zones, etc. I can see a lot being done with them which otherwise might not appear if they cram them all together.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I guess I can see why they'd only use one country, and France itself does have some varied regions so it by itself could provide an interesting region alone. England I don't see as potential inspiration for a region on it's own though.

And I could see something being offered as DLC potentially, but I wouldn't expect the entire games to be released digitally.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Digital Download, Jake, would be a really great way to allow for easy cross gen transferring, so you should actually hope for it. Plop in B2W2, have the games read by X/Y which is installed on your 3DS, and bam! you have yourself all the Pokemon you want.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I never really understood DLC as it relates to Pokemon, but I guess that's because I never truly understood DLC in itself. It'd be interesting if they'd offer a few things here and there through that method, but I wouldn't really care one way or another because I don't think it's something that would significantly affect me.

The only DLC I could really see incorporated in this would be the potential of having Event Pokémon more easily available, instead of having to go to a specific place to get the the Wondercard or whatever to download it. Would definitely make the entire process much easier to do and would make it more accessible to a larger playerbase! And I'd actually love that feature Elendil! Would definitely make that a much easier process to do.

Years
Yeah, I can see the DLC being the way to get event legends, with perhaps some extra story as well, which would be nice for the event legends as they don't tend to be well explained. Perhaps the evil team can appear like how Plasma appeared in Liberty Island in BW. The level of their Pokémon can vary on the number of badges we got upon download.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I actually really like the sound of that Derk! I think having battle damage show on the Pokémon too would be really cool, now that we have full models. It was hard to do with a sprite, but with a full model to work with having scratches and areas being roughed up a bit might be viable now. They started that with slower moving sprites with B/W, so this could just be a further extension of that!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, I don't think what I'm about to say will happen, however, it will be very nice to see, but I would like a battle system on where you'd have to work with the current terrain. For example, say you have a Raichu, and say the opponent has a Milotic. The opponent can order the Milotic to dive in the nearby water field, to dodge electric attacks from your Raichu. But, what if you command your Raichu to dive in the lake after it, and use Thunderbolt while underwater? Since water conducts electricity better than air, that can be mega effective!

Well, like I said, this system will probably be too complicated to keep track of in X&Y, but, it'd be nice to devise strategies of the sort. ^^

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It'd definitely add another aspect to battling, but it's going into the area of becoming overly complicated. Plus, movement has never really been an aspect of the games before, and it's just a giant variable that would be difficult to work with. Would probably make battles take twice as long as they already do.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Some battle interaction will happen, as the trailer has showed us. To what extent who knows, but the Megahorn idea is brilliant. I would love a wailord to get flung across the screen. XD

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Off-Topic: Why didn't HeartGold and SoulSilver reintroduce the Time Capsule?

Resolution: To which should thread should I move this?

Well, I assume that your question pertains to only HG/SS, so maybe you should visit the board there to find possible answers?

In any case, it is quite satisfying to see that the pokemon will have some emotion upon getting hit or dealing the damage, which is a good step in the right direction for battle interactivity, imo. <3

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I'd love the secret base feature! I'd also like to see that Underground feature that Gen IV had(?) where you and a player(through local wireless?) could dig all underground and stuff, and it was kind of a cool experience to have. I mean, for me personally, I'd like to see more wi-fi involvement in that, rather than local wireless, for those who don't really have any other people who play Pokemon with locally. n_n

But I don't want to see GameFreak limit the set of possible locations for secret bases to those accessible only from the Underground!

And this would kinda replace the follow me fature for most people, so you can see the unique overworld sprite for your Pokemon. I wish it would be the same for Fly too, even if you only see the Pokemon for a second or two.

And for the love of <censored for quote>Arceus</censored for quote> Gamefreak, show us Sylveon's type already.

I don't know if the 'Follow Me' feature could be replaced completely with the ability to see your Pokémon while surfing or flying on them…I really like the feeling of having my Pokémon follow me around on land. They could at least make it an option accessible through the menu that pops up when you select a Pokémon (I hate rearranging my party!) And, yes, GameFreak needs to show us Sylveon's typing even though 'Flying' typing seems very plausible.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Time Capsule doesn't really have any practical point anymore with all the different forms of Pokémon transferring that we have now, with Pal Park and Poké Transfer. I doubt it would ever come back.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It could be cool to have certain quests in the game where you could potentially pair up with a friend to do it in a tag-team would be cool, but I wouldn't want it to be required. Other than I don't really know, I play Pokémon more solo-oriented so no clue =P

Years
There was a Time Capsule? Well, slap my knee, color me blue and call me jack.

....That was terrible. Ignore that. But still. >.>

Either way as far as wanting things from HG/SS to return, I dunno, nothing else aside from the follow me feature which would probably just stay HG/SS exclusive. Otherwise, not much else, really.

But to push the topic more on the X/Y side, I'd like for there to be more communication as far as wi-fi is concerned. It's kind of a shame that even fifth gen kind of failed with this, not even letting you pair up with a friend to battle in PWT or anything like that. .__.; Personally, I'd like to travel with my friends as I go on my journey, whether it be local wireless or wifi.

How do you guys feel about more wifi capabilities being added, and what would you like to see?
Yeah, it was kind of lame that we couldn't go with a friend to the Battle Train using long distance wi-fi like back in Gen IV. Hopefully they'll fix that up for the battle facility we're getting this generation.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well, I don't think what I'm about to say will happen, however, it will be very nice to see, but I would like a battle system on where you'd have to work with the current terrain. For example, say you have a Raichu, and say the opponent has a Milotic. The opponent can order the Milotic to dive in the nearby water field, to dodge electric attacks from your Raichu. But, what if you command your Raichu to dive in the lake after it, and use Thunderbolt while underwater? Since water conducts electricity better than air, that can be mega effective!

Well, like I said, this system will probably be too complicated to keep track of in X&Y, but, it'd be nice to devise strategies of the sort. ^^

That actually wouldn't work depending on what is in the water. Water itself doesn't conduct electricity, the particles in water do. Water actually disperses electricity safely so many things in the water don't die every time there is a storm. Using an electric attack underwater would yield an effect similar to neutralizing the electricity or even weakening it if there aren't enough particles in the water to properly conduct it.

I doubt something like this would ever be done in the Pokemon universe due to complexity.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
With Sylveon only showcasing 4 attacks I think its still four. Besides that 5 attacks on Pokemon would upset the tiers for current meta as a lot of new formats would open up. it would probably throw the current meta into as much chaos as a new type would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back