• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
Well using a Gameshark or action reply to influence the way of getting shinys is a no-no, so it won't be counted.

To be honest, it deffinatly makes me doubt your past shinys and any future shinys you may obtain since you own a GS or AR whats to stop you giving into temptation and looking up a code for shinys, or for a certain Pokémon to appear more often than it normally should. :\
Actually, I'm pretty sure he has mentioned before that he had a GS, and the fact that he doesn't try to hide it makes me more apt to believe his catches are legit. I myself have access to one. (my best friend's son has one) I just don't see what would be the fun of cheating to get a shiny and then pretending it was legit. I would know it wasn't real and that would ruin the fun. That wouldn't be any different than just lying and saying I caught a certain shiny when I didn't actually catch it. And you can do that with no cheat devices, lol.

On to the reason why you really shouldn't use a cheat device.. (as explained to me by Shido, lemme see if I can get it right) When you use a GS or AR, you are actually changing the coding of the game.. similar to when nintendo themselves fixed the berry glitch. If you change things like that, you are playing around with how the game works. You can mess up the game and freaky things can happen that are not supposed to, things you didn't intend when you entered the cheats in the GS/AR. My daughter came across a game at work (she works at EB games) that was so glitched, you could surf under water. It was all messed up. I have heard that games can get glitched up and Pokemon that are not even supposed to be there appear, like celebi.

So there ya go, even though your intention may be to only change one little thing in your game, like making something available because you can't get to an event (access to an island or something) you can end up causing things to happen that you never dreamed of. Did I get it close to right Shido?

Lol, I Hope everyone is having fun playing with their Christmas goodies. I got a Wii from my parents but my husband has taken it over, lol! He's not a gamer but he has been having a great time playing Rapala fishing, Wii sports and Zelda. I'm glad though, now he can't make fun of me for gaming.
Kim

Last edited:

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Actually, I'm pretty sure he has mentioned before that he had a GS, and the fact that he doesn't try to hide it makes me more apt to believe his catches are legit. I myself have access to one. (my best friend's son has one) I just don't see what would be the fun of cheating to get a shiny and then pretending it was legit. I would know it wasn't real and that would ruin the fun. That wouldn't be any different than just lying and saying I caught a certain shiny when I didn't actually catch it. And you can do that with no cheat devices, lol.

On to the reason why you really shouldn't use a cheat device.. (as explained to me by Shido, lemme see if I can get it right) When you use a GS or AR, you are actually changing the coding of the game.. similar to when nintendo themselves fixed the berry glitch. If you change things like that, you are playing around with how the game works. You can mess up the game and freaky things can happen that are not supposed to, things you didn't intend when you entered the cheats in the GS/AR. My daughter came across a game at work (she works at EB games) that was so glitched, you could surf under water. It was all messed up. I have heard that games can get glitched up and Pokemon that are not even supposed to be there appear, like celebi.

So there ya go, even though your intention may be to only change one little thing in your game, like making something available because you can't get to an event (access to an island or something) you can end up causing things to happen that you never dreamed of. Did I get it close to right Shido?

Lol, I Hope everyone is having fun playng with their Christmas goodies. I got a Wii from my parents but my husband has taken it over, lol! He's not a gamer but he has been having a great time playing Rapala fishing, Wii sports and Zelda. I'm glad though, now he can't make fun of me for gaming.
Kim

yuppers . so sh ........beware the bad egg...... beware the missno ..... beware the random game freeze or "not able to save" error .... it may not happen or it may ..... be afraid .... XD its true tho u cna use gs or a all u want and nothing could happen . nothing bad i mean . but on the flip side u can do one code to just get one pokeball and ur entire game is screwed XD . far as beliving sh . well hopefully he wouldnt lie . i agree with yami tho . while it might seem unfair sh it prevents others from using gs to get there and make them shiny and just say they warped and didnt use it to get them shiny .

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
I have to agree with Yami, but Kim is right, SH did say he has a GS before... but the fact is, he sadi he was going to use it to get to Ho-ioh like last ngiht or the night before, and he got the shiny alredy?

Anyways, i hate accusing my friend of soemthing like that, so lets discontinue the talk of this >.>

Years
look i use the gameshark to warp to navel rock then i sred for the ho-oh in my emerald

the gs was my friends and that is all that i did if you dont believe me fine i tried posting pictures and you still didnt believe me so i guess i can be at this club no more

btw dont you think if i used a gs to get shinys they would all have the same nature
also i have three timids natured shinys and they are each from different games

so i know i am not lying and my friends gs didnt even have a shiny code on it so i did not use a shiny code

and for ks i got lucky that is it, it was pure luck that i got it i have never gotten a shiny in my emerald since i started it over so it was pure luck

i hope you take it into consideration to believe me

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
what up everyone! im really sorry i havent been on....in i think 3 months :( but my comp busted after my bro spilled juice on it a long time ago, and my parents refuse to buy me another one, so im saving up money to buy one.....its gonna take a while, and i still dont have all the money yet, so i have no idea how often i can be on here. im at my dad's house using his comp, so.....yeah. so merry late christmases and happy late new yearses and congrats on shinies caughts (lol) but i have no idea whats been going on with the club and its just too popular n ppl post too often for me to go back n read 3 months of posts. but on to the shinies....

well, i never did get that shiny squirtle....but im SRing for Eevee now on firered just got another pack of batteries, so i'll have something to do when i get bored. good luck hunting!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
look i use the gameshark to warp to navel rock then i sred for the ho-oh in my emerald

the gs was my friends and that is all that i did if you dont believe me fine i tried posting pictures and you still didnt believe me so i guess i can be at this club no more

btw dont you think if i used a gs to get shinys they would all have the same nature
also i have three timids natured shinys and they are each from different games

so i know i am not lying and my friends gs didnt even have a shiny code on it so i did not use a shiny code

and for ks i got lucky that is it, it was pure luck that i got it i have never gotten a shiny in my emerald since i started it over so it was pure luck

i hope you take it into consideration to believe me

Don't be so hasty, i never said you were booted out of the club, i just said it may be tempting for you to use it for easier methods, it wasn't my intent to use such an accusatory tone, so i appologise for that. Do not fret, you are still in the club.

Kim: I am indeed aware that SL stated that he would be using a GS, but as a co-owner its my job to question things and get to the bottom of it, but i have taken your comments on board and will think about them when future cases arise, and hopfully your speach XD about the effects of GS/AR's will scare people into avoiding them at all costs.

AC drain

Lak Rabbit
Years
There are no shiny codes for GS/AR. The only one that was around was the shiny hack egg for Ar v.3 and it was, in all realism, not usable. The only shiny codes were for gold and silver. For third generation you can only make the pokemon shiny while the code is on, and that's pretty useless. It's all luck.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Can I join? I have a shiny electrode and shiny voltorb

~Weavile~

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
Kim: I am indeed aware that SL stated that he would be using a GS, but as a co-owner its my job to question things and get to the bottom of it, but i have taken your comments on board and will think about them when future cases arise, and hopfully your speach XD about the effects of GS/AR's will scare people into avoiding them at all costs.
Hey Yami, I didn't mean to come off as challenging you or anything.. fact is, methinks he doth protest too much, if ya know what I mean. You keep on scrutinizing things, it's your job. Lol, my "scare speech" is probably going to do about as much good as a lock on a door.. It will keep honest people honest. Here's to hoping though.
Kim

SnowPhoenix

Dragon Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2008
I would like to join. I hunt for Shinies all the time. I have the following so far: Flygon, Umbreon, Houndoom and Houndour, Skarmory, Espeon, Eevee, Milotic, Ninetales, Charizard, Absol, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Bayleef, Salamence, Agron, Altaria, Gyrados, Dragonite, Charizard, Kingdra, Breloom, Sneasal, Ditto, Xatu, Fearow, Persian, Pidgeot, Mightyena, Rapidash, Manectric, Ralts, Sandslash, Arcanine, Zigzagoon, and Noctowl. I got all of these over the past few years and they have all been traded to my Emerald.

Ullion

Years
^.^ Wow thats alotta shinies there, I'm sure you'll be accepted SP, but Yami will question you on them, especially sicne you have so many of them. If you read the rules on the first page, you'll see why, and well, Yami always makes sure on shinies, hes like that, just check the top of this page and you'll see.

AC drain

Lak Rabbit
Years
I would like to join. I hunt for Shinies all the time. I have the following so far: Flygon, Umbreon, Houndoom and Houndour, Skarmory, Espeon, Eevee, Milotic, Ninetales, Charizard, Absol, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Bayleef, Salamence, Agron, Altaria, Gyrados, Dragonite, Charizard, Kingdra, Breloom, Sneasal, Ditto, Xatu, Fearow, Persian, Pidgeot, Mightyena, Rapidash, Manectric, Ralts, Sandslash, Arcanine, Zigzagoon, and Noctowl. I got all of these over the past few years and they have all been traded to my Emerald.

Honestly, getting that many is not possible...you'd have to search and search for years, since some of the ones you have are rare pokemon in the frst place. I mean, think about it...To get a shiny blazkien you'd have to restart THOUSANDS of times. Evee would be ridiculous too, since you can only get it through eggs and events, meaning you'd be spending an impossible amount of time on it. I've played R/S for 700+ hours, and I have found TWO Shines. I honestly can't count the number of eggs I have hatched. So a simple math figure would be as such; if I have played 700 hours and found two, you would have played 25,000+ hours to find your 36.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Get ready for a lengthy post.

weavile3 said:
Can I join? I have a shiny electrode and shiny voltorb

~Weavile~

Seems plausible enough, welcome to the club. ;)

Akidatheart said:
Hey Yami, I didn't mean to come off as challenging you or anything.. fact is, methinks he doth protest too much, if ya know what I mean. You keep on scrutinizing things, it's your job. Lol, my "scare speech" is probably going to do about as much good as a lock on a door.. It will keep honest people honest. Here's to hoping though.
Kim

I didn't take it as you challenging me, i was just sharing my opinion :P which can sometimes be taken the wrong way. I am kinda aware i need to tone down on my... acusations XD so i'll try not to be as hard (i think thats what you may have been getting at, correct me if im wrong :D)

SnowPhoenix said:

It's just as AC Drain said. Getting that amount of shinies would take an incredible amount of luck or you never putting the game down. I counted 36, some of which you would of had to do resets for. I two have played my games for a combined time of 600 hours and only ever encountered 4 shinys. An explaination/pictures would be needed before i could except you into the club.

I sometimes doubt Aaryns amount of shinys but no one dares question him because hes the club leader *rolls eyes*

AC Drain: I can't remember you ever applying or anyone accepting you, so if you wish to join, feel free.

Last edited:

AC drain

Lak Rabbit
Years
Sure, I'll join. I had 4 shinies back in G/S, but I only have two in advance generation.. Zubat, and Altaria (which is very cool, it looks like a gold statue) I was psyched when I found the Zubat, but I never bothered using it because it has such a bad nature. The Altaria got a relaxed nature though, so I EV trained it and it works pretty well for perish trapping and other junk. The one shiny I always wanted was Flygon...I'm not even going to try looking for it. maybe someday...lol

Ullion

Years
Get ready for a lengthy post.

Seems plausible enough, welcome to the club. ;)

I didn't take it as you challenging me, i was just sharing my opinion :P which can sometimes be taken the wrong way. I am kinda aware i need to tone down on my... acusations XD so i'll try not to be as hard (i think thats what you may have been getting at, correct me if im wrong :D)

It's just as AC Drain said. Getting that amount of shinies would take an incredible amount of luck or you never putting the game down. I counted 36, some of which you would of had to do resets for. I two have played my games for a combined time of 600 hours and only ever encountered 4 shinys. An explaination/pictures would be needed before i could except you into the club.

I sometimes doubt Aaryns amount of shinys but no one dares question him because hes the blub leader *rolls eyes*

AC Drain: I can't remember you ever applying or anyone accepting you, so if you wish to join, feel free.

=D its not THAT long a post. And thanks for sayign that, it wa son my mind of course, and i kewn you were gunan say something like that, its just i dont have the guts to say someffin like that too someone >.< So uhh thanks =P

and uhh welcome to the club everyone!

Oh yes and btw, I'm hatching Feebas eggs right now, not really hatching FOR a shiny, but if one happens to come out, i won't complain =D i just need a bold natured Feebas >.<

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
I sometimes doubt Aaryns amount of shinys but no one dares question him because hes the blub leader *rolls eyes*

SHHHHH youll get in twouble ....... meet the rest of us conspirators behind the pokecenter ...... your not alone ..... there are more of us ..... shhhhh ....

SO yeah ignore the post above if u dont agree XD nothing new but spam to post here

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Yeah, I see the reason to worry about the 36 pokes, but I've haven't logged 600 hours yet in the games I've Never restarted (Sapphire, Leaf Green, Emerald) and have a high shiny count! V(^_^)*V Er that's per game, not combined time... combined time I've logged in over 1,200 hours, easily, in the Advanced gen alone. (Gawd, I have no life...)

Hi everybody! Guess what?

My Gameboy Advanced with Emerald is in Virginia, a full state away, right now, I left it in a friends car on New Years Eve and he called me today saying he found it! I may not see it untill D/P come out, how sad is that?

Luckly It's only Emerald.

But I haven't found any shinys either, congratulations on the shiny Pikachu though!

Happy New Year, SHC!!!

AC drain

Lak Rabbit
Years
Just after my whole ratio speech, I've come across a shiny Wailmer. that makes three now, I'm pretty happy XD. I wonder how the color inversion works? Blue= purple?

SnowPhoenix

Dragon Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2008
Actually, I did catch all of them fair and square. Me and my friend have compititions to see who can get the most. So far I have never gotten two shinies in one game, so as soon as I find one I trade it to another game and start it over. Yes, I have been doing this for a couple of years now, ever since Ruby came out. (Which I made sure I got on the first day) And I do it with Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen. I've been doing it for years. People sometimes ask me if I use a cheating system, and I have to admit that when Gold, Silver, and Crystal came out, I DID use a GameShark. But it crashed my Silver and I had to buy a new one. So I never used one again.

Please believe me, because I have worked hard to get them.

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
SHHHHH youll get in twouble ....... meet the rest of us conspirators behind the pokecenter ...... your not alone ..... there are more of us ..... shhhhh ....

SO yeah ignore the post above if u dont agree XD nothing new but spam to post here

Lol, you are so crazy! :)
I fished for a while today but no luck with finding my shiny little luvdisc. I haven't been shiny hunting much, this is why I haven't found one.

You know, statistics aside, if you hunt them, you will find them. I don't mean hunt shinies for an hour, I mean hours and hours.. sometimes days and days of hours and hours a day... just look at LDD's collection of shinies, and MM, Shido, and various others with tons.. while I have a really hard time fathoming the fact that some people have more than 30 shinies, I do know that they are not as impossible to find as some people think. They also aren't as easy as some others might think.

I found my shiny pooch about 3 minutes after turning on my game on one day. I spent over a year off and on restarting my ruby game to get my shiny torchic. You just never know when you will find one.. one thing is sure though, if you don't play the game, you won't find anything.

Good luck to everyone, I wish you all many new shinies this year!
Kim

Back