• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Rival Name MkII: English Edition

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Probably Yosuke (aka Brosuke), as he's probably one of the chillest "buddies" in an RPG.
Either that or Junpei.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I named him Klipy in my Japanese Black 2 and will just name him Klippy in my English copies probably. It'll be better since the name will actually fit, lol. I like having my rival as my best friend, so that when I get mad at him, I can beat his team in B2W2 and feel satisfied. :) Not really, but that isn't a bad idea lol.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd let Hugh keep his original name for a lack of a better name I can think of. But I could have a change of heard and name him "Yusei" because of his spiky black hair.

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I'll probably name my Rival Chrome because I like the sound of all the color and metal names. Then again I might change it... I don't know if it suits him.

R a c h e l

Formerly Sapphiress
Years
If I go with the female then I usually just give it my own name... although there was one time I was in a bad mood and started a new game on Pearl and gave her a particularly rude name!

Years
I usually go for the official names, so Hugh it is~! n_n Even though I'm not a fan of how it looks haha. Yep, I'm pretty uncreative, though I'd probably go for Gray in my second playthrough (as it was the speculated name of the third version and the name of a character I really like that looks a lot like the rival).

Years
I was going to go with just plain Hugh since I liked it quite a lot, but I really like the idea of calling him Gray (since SOMEONE has to be called Gray, haha). So depending on how I feel while playing, I'll call him either Hugh or Gray.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I saw a comment on Youtube and I'm basically done playing Skyward Sword, so I think I gotta go with Groose, because, you know, why not.

Back