• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Do you prefer R/S/E or FR/LG?

Your fave 3rd Generation Series?

• Total voters

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
As its title said, which of these 3rd Gen games series do you prefer, R/S/E or FR/LG?

It's Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald for me, because I enjoyed playing these games, being the first game that I fully played, and because it takes place in Hoenn region.

Sirfetch’d

Emerald is by far my favorite game of all time, so I will go with R/S/E. The region of Hoenn was simply breathtaking with all of the beautiful cities, routes, and towns. I loved how the region was filled with water to surf on and dive into. There was nothing that I found wrong with these games at all. They were absolutely perfect! My favorite Pokemon, Castform, was also introduced in these games, so without a doubt R/S/E > FR/LG

Years
Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald definitely. I never played FireRed and LeafGreen, and Ruby was the first Pokemon I game I ever played, right on my birthday in 2003 when I had only just turned 11. I loved the game so much I was so excited for the next generation, and Hoenn is such a memorable but unique region in its own right.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
r,s,emerald cuz they were da first pokemon games I played ever. fire red and leaf green were good too but nowhere near compared to hoehn.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I prefer Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Unlike FireRed and LeafGreen, all locations in these games had something unique that set them apart from each other. For example, Fortree City had treehouses, Slateport had the Slateport Market, Lavaridge was known for its hot springs, and Mossdeep was the home of the Space Center. Also, the storylines of these games were quite engaging.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
FireRed/LeafGreen, by far. Not only are they faithful remakes of the great games that started this franchise, but they also doesn't include any of the 3rd generation Pokémon which in my opinion is when things started going south as far as quality and charm goes (in my opinion).

P.S: There is already a thread like this.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2020
I'd say FireRed/LeafGreen, due to the fact that they're remakes of the first games.

I never really enjoyed R/S/E that much when I played it.

blue

gucci
Years
R/S/E without a doubt, Hoenn is my favorite region and Kanto is probably my least favorite so it's no contest really.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
LeafGreen is an incredibly good game, and I like a lot of the pokémon in them...but Hoenn clinches it for numerous reasons. Emerald was my first game, Hoenn's a lot more varied (although to be fair tech wasn't available in 1st Gen, they didn't want to change too much in the remakes), Hoenn has some of my favourite pokémon (i.e. Ralts, Lotad), Emerald has Battle Frontier...I could go on.

EDIT: Moving sprites. Particularly as I started with Emerald, LG's static sprites look just...wrong.

Years
While it was nice to have FireRed and LeafGreen for nostalgic purposes, I simply prefer Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald for having way many more features, such as weather outside of battle, contests, being able to plant berries, secret bases, etc..

Years
I liked FireRed/LeafGreen on a fairly equal scale to Ruby/Sapphire, but I felt that Emerald was so much better than all 4 of them, so my vote is with R/S/E.

Hoenn was a much nicer region to look at due to the varied landscapes and weather, but Emerald included the Battle Frontier as well, which occupied way much more time for me than I'd like to admit.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
R/S/E were the ones that I waited for the most. When they did come out, I bought both Ruby and Sapphire, and really enjoyed them. I didn't play much of Emerald, but I really liked that as well. Fire Red and Leaf Green were good too, but I didn't like them as much as the original R/B/Y.

flufflepuff

Fluffle Puff
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
I'd say FireRed/LeafGreen, due to the fact that they're remakes of the first games.

I never really enjoyed R/S/E that much when I played it.

R/S/E is my least favorite too. It was boring when I played it. FR and LG are the best for the 3rd gen.

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
I prefer all of them, I enjoyed them all.
I love Hoenn, but Fire Red and Leaf Green is great too.
But if you ask which one I liked the most, I'd say Emerald.
I liked it the most because Battle Frontier, Match Call and of course, Hoenn!

Years
Hard choice. R/S/E were my all-time favorite Pokemon games but FR/LG were very enjoyable too, especially with the addition of the VS Seeker. Third gen had some great games overall so I'll say... both!

Back