• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~~The Songbird's Sprites~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
Years
I added in my 5th sheet today! ^^ Now that I have 5, I'm thinking of making larger sheets to take up less thread space.

My newest sprite:

Scython_egg.png

A Scython egg. (If you havan't seen my other sprites, Scython is my creation! ^^)

My newest sheet:

splice_sheet2.png

Other sheets:

SB_Maxie_sheet.png

The Songbird and Maxie Set- from Mewtwo and the Lake of Rage, and requests by Skeetacular. You may NOT use any of the sprited that are red, except for "Old Maxie."

You must PM me if you want to edit any of them.

recolor_sheet.png
clefable_evil.png

My recolor set. 2 kinds of recolors: Crystal (6) and Evil (4). You may use any of these you want, but please PM me, or at least say "Recolors by The Songbird." To edit any of them, you must PM me.

edit_sheet.png

Edits, splices, and buggy eyes. I know the buggy-eyed ones are really simple, but I think they came out well. My favorite buggy-eyed sprite is the Swampert. Heh. This sheet has my angel Alakazam, my favorite of all my Pokemon sprites.

You may use them all, but they must all have the proper credit. I prefer it if you PM'ed me too, so I know where and how they're being used. If you want to edit any of them, you must PM me first, except with the buggy-eyed Pokemon.

voltorb_sheet.png

Voltorb sheet. From left to right- VOltorb as Great Ball, Ultra Ball, and Master Ball.

Also, if you look at the following sprite, you will never think of Machamp the same way ever again. You have been warned! XD

Spoiler:

Thanks for looking and commenting! I appreciate the support!

Last edited:

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Save your images as .PNGs. JPEGs ruin the quality of your sprites, and .BMPs take up way too much space. o.O

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
Years
I edited most of my sprites, so they're more clear now. I also added in Garryn as a Golden Magikarp. And he still wants a kiss... XD

And here's some new ones.

bulbasaur_pwned.png

Bulbasaur got torched... XD

SB_new.png

I recolored my own character. Now I'm even more MAGMA-Fied! XD

SB_Maxie_new.png

I also added the recolor to my sprite with Maxie. Maxie was left unchanged.

SB_sheet_plus_overworld.png

My character plus overworld sprites.

SB_Sheet_green_overworld.png

A green recolor, requested by Skeetacular.

Persona

Banned
Years
I like the May character you've made (and their recolors), it's the one I'm most interested in. The pokemon sprites look odd when they smile, but they're okay. I suggest you try to make more character sprites, people can get more attracted in viewing them.

The sprite of Maxie kneeling is fine, it's just his right leg doesn't look right.

Keep it up, make more.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Hah. I love the Bulbasaur getting torched. The expression on his face is priceless. XD

These are simple, yet pretty well done splices/edits. You've got potential to be a really good spriter if you keep it up. I started out spriting similar splices like you're doing with small custom parts added in, and just worked my way up to doing completely scratch work. All I can say is keep practicing. XD

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
Years
Thanks for the comments everyone! ^^ I acually am kind of new at spriting. Right now I'm content with finishing off simple sprites and doing well, at least until I can make more complex ones with any success. XD

I know the right knee on Maxie is a bit awkward, and I think I messed up on the bottom of his coat, but I don't think it'll be too difficult to work on in the near future.

My character's sprite was actually a bit simpler than it might look. I used May as a base, and added in Drake's coat, Spenser's staff (the Palace Maven), and the pants of a Team Aqua Admin. And a good amount of recoloring.

I'll probably end up making more trainer sprites than Pokemon, cause I seem to be a bit better at it, at least right now.

Here's something else I randomly made. It's just a simple XD recolor, but I don't think it's too simple... XD

diglett_eat.png

And they call that huge thing a berry? LOL!

Last edited:

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
Years
@xoxkris: Sure! ^^ I'm kinda new at spriting, but I'll give just about anything a try! I PM'ed you about it. ^^

To everyone: I put most of my sprites into 4 sheets, on my first post, in case you're wondering where some of them went. Heh. I did with all of them except the kneeling Maxie.

And here's my newest sheet:

voltorb_sheet.png

Voltorb as Great Ball, Ultra Ball, and Master Ball.

And... I think I should put this in a spoiler... Not for those of you with weak stomachs... Hehehehehe....

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
Years
I'm a faithful Paint user! XD

Here's another treat for everyone- a new sheet!
splice_sheet2.png

Splices and recolors. My faves here are the Ghostorb and Evil Ditto.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
Years
You've got some nice sprites going. I'm rather fond of the dark-looking Dragonair... *laughs* The berry thing is very funny as well. Keep up the good work!

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
Years
Another new sprite- Scython's egg! ^^

Scython_egg.png

Here's a description for Scython I made:

zapdos_splice.png

SCYTHON
Scythe Pokemon.
8'2", 387 lbs.
Type: Dragon/Rock

A long description:
Rarely seen, but they're more common than it's usually believed. They are bashful, but loyal to kind trainers. Despite their appearance as a savage killer, they are scavengers. They have a sense of smell that's so accute it can unfailingly tell whether a scrap of food is safe to eat. Once thought to be legendary because of their rare appearances. It is believed that they protect the seas, because they only kill if there are no edible scraps to live on.

Last edited:
Years
Very nice, I like the Scython's Egg, its good. But MegaFuz is right, saving them as PNG's or JPEG's may ruin the quality. But your sprites are good.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
Years
Here's a new splice I did. I call it Houndyena. It has Articuno's colors. This was made for a sprite battle I'm in.
houndyena.png

And a request by Icebramz:
charichu_draft.jpg

Charichu.

Here are some new recolors- Shining version of my others:

evil_dragonair_shiny.png
evil_ditto_shiny.png
evil_clefable_shiny.png
crystal_torchic_shiny.png

crystal_rapidash_shiny.png
crystal_onix_shiny.png
crystal_moltres_shiny.png