• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
I figured out how to fix the white screen problem. What you need to do is google search: "RHEA rom hacking tool", download it, open it, open the rom you patched, paste this: AXVE into the game code, and then run it in an emulator.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
mmm wes howq have you done this:
pmepmani.gif

Steeldude

Ace Trainer
Years
This looks great! I like how Wesley has tons of different ideas and puts all of them into the hack, which makes it even a better one (and it already is good)

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Hmmm, like previously stated you have outdone yourself. Its a shame we probably wont see a english version for this anytime soon, but waiting can't be that hard, right? Anyway its good to see this is still one of the best hacks on pc :P.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hmmm, like previously stated you have outdone yourself. Its a shame we probably wont see a english version for this anytime soon, but waiting can't be that hard, right? Anyway its good to see this is still one of the best hacks on pc :P.

Hehe, you're wrong, Tudj. I am now translating LP. (Via Rom Hacking, not Text File) Some parts cannot be translated when the "Strings" aren't there or when some parts of the script disappeared when I viewed some scripts using XSE.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hehe, you're wrong, Tudj. I am now translating LP. (Via Rom Hacking, not Text File) Some parts cannot be translated when the "Strings" aren't there or when some parts of the script disappeared when I viewed some scripts using XSE.
That's cool wanna some help?
And by the way are ya translating it by yourself or by those who offered help with translation?

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
Years
I've said it, I'm brazilian and I wanna help. If anyone can extract and send me the portuguese part of the rom, there'll be LP English Version in no time.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I've said it, I'm brazilian and I wanna help. If anyone can extract and send me the portuguese part of the rom, there'll be LP English Version in no time.

You're not a Rom Hacker. So how can a LP English Version appear?

That's cool wanna some help?
And by the way are ya translating it by yourself or by those who offered help with translation?

Myself all the way. I dunno how to Translate the introduction, the Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus Script (No script found when I viewed it through AM), Kahori (Which part of the script is erased when I viewed in XSE) and some other scripts which don't have strings. I'm not a Good Rom Hacker, so I need help with those.

Last edited:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Myself all the way. I dunno how to Translate the introduction, the Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus Script (No script found when I viewed it through AM), Kahori (Which part of the script is erased when I viewed in XSE) and some other scripts which don't have strings. I'm not a Good Rom Hacker, so I need help with those.

Try using A-text, and search fot the text.
Sure, you can't increase the amount of letters, but it's better than noting.
;)

Anyway, just finished the Beta.
Amazing as always Wesley ;)

The only thing bothering me is in the intro with dialga, palkia and arceus.
Because Arceus (or the ground) seems a little "off-centered"?
Also the pallette used for Arceus looks strange.

But other than that, FLAWLESS!

I love the game! Can't wait for the next Beta ;)

//44tim44

zion

woot?
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2009
i always become a whitescreen when i want to start it :(
what do i have to do?
i tryed to make the emulator save type to 128k but it also doesnt work.
what do i have to do?

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
Years
Ruka, I thought the issue was the lack of someone to translate things from Portuguese to English, since everyone here is a hacker, anyone could put the rom togheter if I send the text files.
Anyway... still waiting for Wes' answer.

OH YEAH! Finally!
To anyone wondering... no, it really ain't gameshark.
Just hardwork, loooooooots of free time and patience leveling with a bidoof team at the first gym's hives.
All of them are holding king's rocks and are fully PPUp'd and Protein'd.

People, how'd you like beta 1? Post pictures of your teams too!

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
970000 Pokes?!
151 hours of playing?! (I'd have this time if I'd count my play time of Platinum, Light Platinum and Ruby Destiny Reign of Legends xD)
Wow ya made a huge progress :D
But if ya gonna continue then it'll be too easy...
And I didn't really train so I have only Quilava on level 24 or something like that

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Ruka, I thought the issue was the lack of someone to translate things from Portuguese to English, since everyone here is a hacker, anyone could put the rom togheter if I send the text files.
Anyway... still waiting for Wes' answer.

OH YEAH! Finally!
To anyone wondering... no, it really ain't gameshark.
Just hardwork, loooooooots of free time and patience leveling with a bidoof team at the first gym's hives.
All of them are holding king's rocks and are fully PPUp'd and Protein'd.

People, how'd you like beta 1? Post pictures of your teams too!

Addiction Can Pay Off I Guess...
Nice Teams...
Wish I Had That Much free Time...

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
Years
Haha ^^'
Nah people, vba runs at 800% on my pc, easy peasy. I only wish there were cable centers above the pokecenters, can't get all the starters =/
Hotnews: got a pm from Wes, he says he's gonna start extracting the texts of the rom right away so I can get started on the translation. Soon there'll be a LP in English :)

Back