• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should women be allowed to go topless in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Last night I saw two young ladies oogling over an attractive young man they saw pass by topless on my trolley ride home. They were really giddy with excitement and were stating out loud how aroused they were. This goes to show that women can be just as bad as men when it comes to oogling a bare-chested member of the opposite gender.

Also why are parents offended by their sons looking at pictures of women bare-chested and not offened by their daughters looking at a bare-chested male? Do they think their daugthers won't fap to it like their sons would? Well they would be very wrong about that. Sex is sold to young girls just as much if not more than it is to young boys with all these boy bands and cheesy yet attractive musicians.

Thank you. It's stupid how society only recognises sexism towards women.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
WHAT. THE.

MEN =/= WOMEN. STOP ARGUING. STOP IT! THERE IS NO BATHROOM.

So you are saying that women and men should be treated differently in the law's eyes and that you are against equality for women?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%3D%2F%3D
Enjoy.

I just said men aren't equal to women. Moreso, there was no mention of rights. Men are NOT equal to women and vice versa.

But it is legal right that is being discussed here.

Also, rape would not go up. If studied law like I do you would know that the large majority or rapes are commited by someone the victime knows. Stranger rapes are rare.

Last edited:

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
Last night I saw two young ladies oogling over an attractive young man they saw pass by topless on my trolley ride home. They were really giddy with excitement and were stating out loud how aroused they were. This goes to show that women can be just as bad as men when it comes to oogling a bare-chested member of the opposite gender.
But boys like it when girls ogle them.

If you call out to a guy in the street who is hanging out with his friends and you call him sexy or something like that his friends will all cheer him and he will feel empowered.

But for a girl it is demeaning. Like sometimes when creepy van drivers who call to you out of the window it is not nice.

Last edited:

RTHookers

Banned
Years
Rape? When did I discussed rape? I raped a girl twice, she was under GHB effect so she doesn't remember anything though.

Anyway, thread is reported to the mods. No offense Freaky, but this thread seems to draw some unwanted crap nobody asked for it. (I do agree that I spammed worthless things, it's because pervert males (Yeah, I agree topless females would be awesome, but hey, I'm a male now, and well, instincts aside) > are annoying and just go like "helllyeah4r6346#^$%&#$".) Women shouldn't expose their body (too much) No problemas if you're walking with a bra (make sure you wear something colorful or nice to the eyes though), but topless is a complete joke.
Also males doesn't have a bra (TRANSEXUAL DOESN'T COUNT), so yeah. "Men walking topless" is not a valid argument, because men doesn't have bras.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Screw all that women's liberation bullcrap, it comes down to an issue of morality and whether or not society agrees that it is acceptable. For instance, I'm taking a class on Women in tribal societies for my Anthropology major, and right now we're studying women who go (for lack up a better term) topless in everyday life (such as those found in South American tribes). It was found that in all cases of tribes who have women who go topless all the time, the breasts were not even considered to be an object of sexual gratification.

In short, if you see them all the time, you won't find them attractive anymore. If we have one generation of kids who grow up with people going shirtless all the time, the males will simply find something else to be attracted to.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
You do realize that several moderators have posted in this thread already don't you? Don't you think one could have locked it by now?

And Jolene, how do you know how a man feels? I'll have to play devil's advocate here and say that women who choose to reveal themselevs are doing so because they want to be looked at just like men like to be looked at (either that or they just aren't ashamed of their bodies). The women who are ashamed of their bodies, like their male counterparts, would wear more covering clothing.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
No. Logically, there isn't any reason for such laws. Culturally, there is. We have rules for dress, and while some of them might not exactly be intuitive, they should be respected. A lot of people would find such behavior horrifying because it's contradictory to the already established rules in our culture. Unless there's some huge shift in behavior over the next few years, this won't and shouldn't happen.

Last edited:

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
Years
But boys like it when girls ogle them.

If you call out to a guy in the street who is hanging out with his friends and you call him sexy or something like that his friends will all cheer him and he will feel empowered.

But for a girl it is demeaning. Like sometimes when creepy van drivers who call to you out of the window it is not nice.

Wow; that isn't sexist at all. I know plenty of girls who enjoy being the object of desire. They are just boobs, and if people didn't stigmatize nudity so much, there wouldn't be all this hoo-hah about nothing. It's purely mammaphobia and sexual elitism.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
If everyone was allowed to be topless, then soon enough most people wouldn't think anything of it.

Kinda like murder. If everyone did it, people wouldn't think anything of it anymore. That makes it right!
imsarcasticplz.png

Wow; that isn't sexist at all. I know plenty of girls who enjoy being the object of desire. They are just boobs, and if people didn't stigmatize nudity so much, there wouldn't be all this hoo-hah about nothing. It's purely mammaphobia and sexual elitism.

It isn't sexist, at all. There's nothing discriminatory at all about pointing out a double standard. Also, there's nothing elitist about this, and I highly question the taste of using the term mammaphobia to describe a dislike of nudity.

Last edited:

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
Kinda like murder. If everyone did it, people wouldn't think anything of it anymore. That makes it right!
What you did there? I seen it.

I never really thought about the difference in rules regarding going topless. It's never really been a pressing matter for me.
Do I think women should be allowed to breastfeed in public? Absolutely.
Do I think women should be allowed to wear things such as bikini tops in really really hot weather, even if without another shirt on? Yes.
Do I think women should be allowed to walk around topless in the same circumstances that men do? No.

I'm well aware of the whole "well women can stare at men and find their shirtless bodies attractive" thing. I'm not exactly surrounded by perfectly sculpted male models all the time, though. I may get crucified for this, but I don't exactly want to see a sweaty, overweight, hairy man without a shirt on doing work in his lawn. For that matter, I don't want to see a sweaty, overweight shirtless anybody doing work in their lawn. In the same respect, I wouldn't mind seeing well-built men OR women walking around topless.

That's not how society is, though. When it's really hot outside do I wish I could take my shirt off to cool off? Sure, but I don't. Why? Contrary to popular belief, I'm a lady, and it's not lady-like to prance around in my underwear or less. I barely like wearing tank tops in the summer if I run the risk of accidentally showing a bra strap.

That's just me, though. There may be plenty of other women who are comfortable walking around topless or feel they should have the freedom to do so, and that's just not me.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013

lol comparing breasts to murder. murder is wrong because it's interfering with the life of another, what have breasts done? i don't see anything wrong with revealing skin, we're born naked. people conceal themselves because society has taught them to, when really they couldn't answer when asked why exposure of certain parts of the body is considered immoral.

NOOBLMAO

Woosh
Years
imsarcasticplz.png

It isn't sexist, at all. There's nothing discriminatory at all about pointing out a double standard. Also, there's nothing elitist about this, and I highly question the taste of using the term mammaphobia to describe a dislike of nudity.
Terrible comparison. Making murder illegal has many moral bases and you probably don't need me to write them all out.
Can you think of any moral reasons to force women to cover their boobs?

EDIT: Why is showing murder PG-13 when showing boobs is R?

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
Years
topless... women ... public??

OMYGOD YES!!!

Why is showing murder PG-13 when showing boobs is R?

because society just so accepts the fact that showing boobs is much worse and is much more provocative than showing mens chests and murder and this is the idea that this thread is challenging. Oh and by the way showing murder isn't that big of a deal really... showing extreme violence and gore gives an R rating too ya know.

anyways I disagree with poopnoodle. Showing certain body parts to younger people may give them the wrong idea and charge them sexually instead of where they should be charged (omg this sounds soo...). Youth is when one is most vulnerable and most influenced.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Well, personally, my opinion is fat people and anorecsics shouldn't be allowed to wander around topless.....but I'd get arrested for saying that.

Personally, I don't have a problem. As long as somebody's grandma doesn't.....just....ugghhh....almost as bad as an old guy......

However, it should be limited.....same for guys too....

And also, the thing about how "men like it when girls ogle them" which I saw a few posts up.....I bet it works vice versa too....and believe it or not, Family Guy actually raised this issue......which is that people go crazy over attitudes to men and women being different....yet always distinguish what's right and wrong for each gender anyway......**** it let's burn all our clothes xD

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
anyways I disagree with poopnoodle. Showing certain body parts to younger people may give them the wrong idea and charge them sexually instead of where they should be charged (omg this sounds soo...). Youth is when one is most vulnerable and most influenced.

people like what they're censored to, i think that's where attraction to concealed areas of the body comes from. i think if they're raised exposed to the body, they'll see it as natural, not sexually stimulating.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016

lol comparing breasts to murder. murder is wrong because it's interfering with the life of another, what have breasts done? i don't see anything wrong with revealing skin, we're born naked. people conceal themselves because society has taught them to, when really they couldn't answer when asked why exposure of certain parts of the body is considered immoral.

At the risk of going a little off topic, but that reminds me of a quote someoneorother said:
The day you are born is the last day you are truly free.
Depressingly it's true.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Terrible comparison. Making murder illegal has many moral bases and you probably don't need me to write them all out.
Can you think of any moral reasons to force women to cover their boobs?

I see that bandwagon. Here's a lesson in context.

"Just because people can be made used to it, doesn't in any way make it right." This is the moral of that comparison. Murder can be substituted with any other atrocious act.

And morals?
Boobs are no different than any other private part. You're either for public nudism or you're against public top-lessness in women. Think it's sexist? Take it up with nature. If men had an equivalent private area on their chest they would be "force"d to cover it too.

Last edited:

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Ohhhh wow. That's so weird that I found this topic today, because I was JUST thinking about this earlier this morning. O_o ...Honestly... I don't get the damn hype on why men are allowed to be topless either. I'm sure it goes waaaaaaaayy back in the day when women were considered "owned" by their husbands, or whatever, and were only allowed to do few things. Kind of like in those countries where the women have to wear a veil around their heads when they go out. *rolls eyes* It's just a... taboo that has been kept around for a very long time. And it's ridiculous. I dislike how on a very hot day a guy can go out in his yard, topless, and not be looked at in a gross way. But if a woman ever did that- the neighbors would call the police. >_> ...Well, either that- or fap to it. LOL ... Men have "breats" as it is, too. Just because our's actually stand out and/or produce MILK doesn't make it a hell of a lot more different. *rolls eyes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back