• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Lots of sadness that there wasn't any felines as starter Pokemon, that will then be my future wish for Generation 7 then (around 2020 or 2021). I don't like canines much so Fennekin is the starter I won't ever choose.....

Chespin is the one I like the most of the three starters, can't wait to see the rest of the revolutions, and the rest of the generations. Chespin! I choose you! - [¡Chespin, yo te elijo!]

FreaKryptid

LaunchingSnorlaxGetOutOfW ay
Years
Im going with the water type. Not sure, what others are talking about when they say it looks weird. In all honesty I usually go with Grass and I think the grass this time around looks rather off. I never ever go with Fire, I stay away from the hive attachment.

pokefangames

Sinor Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2013
I Kinda dislike these, except the fire type (which looks very feminine to me).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Emolga's cute but... Emolga was one of the two Pikachu clones in B/W. You're basically saying it looks like Pikachu, kind of. :x They just seem too different.

Chespin just gives off that Pikachu/Pikachu clone vibe to me. I think it's big grin on his face.

I don't understand the reasoning for Chespin and Oshawott looking the same at all.....but Chespin and Pikachu (& clones) it looks clear as day.

I should point out that I don't dislike Chespin, I just said it's my least favourite starter of this gen. (and it would probably be somewhere around the middle overall)

Guy

just a guy
Years
Chespin just gives off that Pikachu/Pikachu clone vibe to me. I think it's big grin on his face.

I don't understand the reasoning for Chespin and Oshawott looking the same at all.....but Chespin and Pikachu (& clones) it looks clear as day.

I should point out that I don't dislike Chespin, I just said it's my least favourite starter of this gen. (and it would probably be somewhere around the middle overall)
I tried so hard to find a resemblance, but I don't see Pikachu in Chespin anywhere. Even their big "I'm too happy" grins don't look all that similar. Probably the closest thing Chespin has in common with Pikachu is its small markings at the side of its cheeks and two of his spikes above his head that look similar to Pikachu's long ears. But I really don't think Chespin gives off any sort of Pikachu clone vibes in my opinion.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
How does Chespin look like a Grass Emolga? I seriously don't see your logic, In my opinion it looks like Oshawott because of Body Type, head:body ratio and arm and leg length.

Um...I'm really not seeing that. Chespin's arms and feet are much larger than Oshawott's when you actually compare them. Even the body structure is different, with Oshawott having a rounded, plump midsection, while Chespin's is slimmer and more triangular.

Froakie is the best starter for Gen 6! XD

tumblr_mhq083W7pV1s4rypto1_500.jpg

LOL. You do realize that the chances of this scenario actually playing out are slim to none though, right?

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I bet Chespin's final form will look royal similar to Serperior, maybe it's final form will be the Sun Pokemon as a reference to King Louis XIV of France. The leafy crown will proably turn into a fancy crown or maybe a helmet which in that case it could be a Viking.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
LOL. You do realize that the chances of this scenario actually playing out are slim to none though, right?

Its basically what happened with Snivy and right now, I'm expecting the same with Fennekin since fan favorites as far as I've been on here have turned out to be pretty bad when they are released. I'm one of the few expecting it to be Fire/Fighting just cause it seems to be a running thing with the newer Fire Starters.

It has a pretty good chance of happening given history fans have had.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I bet Chespin's final form will look royal similar to Serperior, maybe it's final form will be the Sun Pokemon as a reference to King Louis XIV of France. The leafy crown will proably turn into a fancy crown or maybe a helmet which in that case it could be a Viking.
So long as Chespin doesn't end up evolving into something completely left field and it actually fits his evolutionary line instead.

Samurott, I'm looking at you.

Don't get me wrong though, I love Samurott's design. From looking at just Oshawott and Dewott, however, I would never have guessed Samurott to be its final stage. It's such a drastic change, where as every other starter Pokémon has gradually evolved into something that seemed to fit their evolutionary line and worked as a nice build up to their final stage.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What do you mean by "it's basically what happened with Snivy?" iirc, Snivy was hugely popular around here, and I think that, it wasn't just Serperior that got less than impressive feedback, but pretty much all of the 5th gen final evos, even though Serperior was the "lesser of the three evils", so to speak.

I'm thinking Chespin might get a pretty cool-looking evo, I mean, grass-type evolutions haven't failed a lot of us so far, so I'm fairly optimistic. n_n;

edit: I apologize if I misread anything. u_u

I'm saying, Fans built up a great hype for Snivy and its evolutions. It was the most loved out of the three Starters for Gen 5, but when its stats, moveset, and everything else was posted, a huge bawfest started. Snivy looked like it was the beat all starter of the region, but it wasn't that great.

Actual use of them is personal as I find Snivy and its entire line to fall way behind Oshawott and Tepig. I was against Snivy hype then too cause hyping anything up is setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.

I like Froakie more than most of the starters I've seen and used based solely on looks. I disagree with the bashers that say he's god ugly. (The people saying it are possibly the same people who bashed Oshawott and love worshiped Snivy.) I don't have a particular like for Fennekin. It just doesn't appeal to me.

I just see us having a repeat performance of hype to rage when more information is released. I'm expecting half the Fennekin fan base to disappear when they reveal Fennekin as a Fire/Fighting. Though I just have a sick sense of humor. Fennekin can be anything really, even if its Fire/Psychic I see it becoming a second Flareon. Physical based with nothing but special attacks.

Hope they don't drop the ball on any of them, its just all the hype on it has my expectations lowering cause Gamefreak be trollin.

Amateur Conductor
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
Froakie is the best starter for Gen 6! XD

[awesome image]

Y'beat me to it.

Geez, that comic just about sums up how we're all going to feel when they release the starter evolutions.

I personally prefer Fennekin for the looks right now, but that isn't taking into account stats and whatnot.

I've been entertaining the prospect of a fourth starter, and I think they might be able to pull it off, whether it's a Pikachu-like Pokemon or a normal-type that has no weakness but no strength against the other starters...

Just me tossing an idea around. What do you think?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Y'beat me to it.

Geez, that comic just about sums up how we're all going to feel when they release the starter evolutions.

I personally prefer Fennekin for the looks right now, but that isn't taking into account stats and whatnot.

I've been entertaining the prospect of a fourth starter, and I think they might be able to pull it off, whether it's a Pikachu-like Pokemon or a normal-type that has no weakness but no strength against the other starters...

Just me tossing an idea around. What do you think?

I think it'd work out great really. Like not because it could be a special edition but it could legitimately be a great idea to make it more interesting. Sure the main three are the main three, but a fourth would just be a nice extra twist and knowing GameFreak, anything can happen!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I'm pretty sure I'm going to choose Chespin. When I looked at the starters for the first time, I didn't know which one was my favorite. But since I've always chosen the grass starter, I just started liking Chespin better.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
Froake, It probaly evelves into some gigantic toad TANK That whoops some ass
(Highlight that blank spot to see :P) and kills every thing.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2021
I will start with Fennekin, beceuse i looks similar to EEvEE that is my favorite :D

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
Fennekin is great and all, but for some reason I really, really like Chespin. I love his design a lot more than the other two. I also don't mind Froakie, he's pretty cool.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
im okay with all but chespin felt like he should be in the game just not a starter

Oh I get why. Because Chespin looks like Patrat/Bidoof, etc? I felt that too kind of. :x But nevertheless it also looks like a starter too so idk it'd fit two roles really. Hopefully it's not useless!

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
For once, I actually want to get the grass starter for my first run! Chespin looks too adorable to pass on. Beside, Froakie looks like he may be Water/flying, but might end up as a pure water while Fennekin might have the dreaded fire/fighting combo just like the last three.

Whatever Chespin evolve Into, I won't regret my choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back