• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald Version Help

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
Hey, I was just wanting to get some opinions on my team, as I'm guessing I can improve it somehow.

Spr_5b_184.png

- Surf
- Rollout
- Bubblebeam
- Double-edge

Spr_5b_299.png

- Rock Smash
- Tunder Wave
- Rock Throw
- Rock Slide

Spr_5b_312.png

- Spark
- Thunder Wave
- Quick Attack
- Flash

Spr_5b_326.png

- Psywave
- Confuse Ray
- Psybeam
- Magic Coat

Spr_5b_227.png

- Air Cutter
- Fly
- Swift
- Rock Smash (soon to be removed)

Spr_5b_300.png

- Assist
- Sing
- Doubleslap
- Faint Attack

Any suggestions?

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
It would help to know where you are in the game. Also, levels and maybe natures could help.

I never liked Air Cutter anyway and it's annoying in double battles since it hits both targets. I prefer Aerial Ace over it, since it's a guaranteed hit and more power, along with priority. Also, try Steel Wing. It's a pretty good move, especially for fighting Glacia's Glalie.

Grumpig needs some other move. Against a Dark-type (don't forget the numerous amount of Mightyena/Poochyena running around), you'll be forced to switch. I try not to switch in-game. It makes it speedy for the game. But, you could just be prepared in advance and it doesn't matter anyway.

Remember to teach Minun Thunderbolt or Thunder so that it has a better move to attack with.

Honestly, I've never used a Nosepass. I just hate slow Pokemon that are basically all defense. Blah. You could teach it Earthquake or something. Or level it to learn Zap Cannon, but it won't be much use for the E4. If you want to use it, go for it. It just needs some tweak in moveset but that's about it.

I'm guessing Skitty will evolve into Delcatty, so it should be fine. I can't really put much of an opinion on it anyway.

Azumarill doesn't really need Bubblebeam since it already has Surf. Definitely put Ice Beam on it instead. Other than that, it's set.

Yeah, I can't say too much. It's a bit limited since everything is based on movesets and that's it. You're looking fine anyway.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm going to assume that you aren't able to/don't want to switch any of the Pokemon.

Azumarill really needs to have Huge Power as its ability to be used. Brick Break/Focus Punch should be used then for some type coverage. Also Rollout is a bad choice as it means you can't switch and you will probably miss/faint before it becomes good. Double-Edge is a good move to have and Ice Beam could be used to beat Drake.

Nosepass needs to get rid of Rock Smash. Keep Rock Slide as it is good STAB and keep Thunder Wave as Nosepass can't really deal much damage to begin with so it will be helpful to induce some status. Other moves you could consider are Earthquake, Thunderbolt and Toxic.

Minum should keep Thunder Wave and should be taught Thunderbolt. You could also consider teaching it Iron Tail for some more type coverage.

You could consider have Grumpig use Calm Mind to boost its stats. Psychic is a must. You should probably keep Confuse Ray as it could be useful. It has a really bad special movepool, so you may have to use Shock Wave and if possible, a good special typed Hidden Power.

I assume Fly is a must for Skarmory for transportation. Aerial Ace is the best STAB move available, along with Steel Wing. Toxic and Spikes are good moves to consider also.

Soon to become Delcatty should have its not bad movepool abused. Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, could be used for coverage, but they will do weak damage. Return/Double-Edge is a must for bigger damage. Shadow Ball is good for coverage. Assist might seem tempting, but you'd have to be really lucky to use it. Sing is a good and risky move to induce sleep.

Overall, if possible, I suggest a huge change in your team. Skarmory is the only worthwhile one I can see in your team. The rest have really weak base stats or movepools or both.

I prefer Aerial Ace over it, since it's a guaranteed hit and more power, along with priority.
Aerial Ace doesn't have any extra priority.

If you do pick new Pokemon, remember to consider all the big opponents you will face, and their Pokemon and their moves, and work with that.

Back