• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Who became your most reliable HM slave?! (Besides Mew and other legendaries)

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I was amazed when Zigzagoon learned Surf so I kept that little guy in my party forever haha.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2013
Linoone/Tropius, sometimes I'd just let my party of six learn a HM or two each, or sometimes Gyarados/Linoone.

Most times I'd just let my Swampert learn Surf (still one of my favourite moves) and my Swellow learn Fly. Then the rest would just be divided amongst the HM slaves.

But Tropius is a really good HM slave, man. I had no idea until my third re-run of Ruby.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
My slave for this game is Linoone, and I don't really play RSE.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Linoone. Ecen though it looks cute, you gotta admit that it has a pretty suck-ish movepool. I used it for Surf, Strength, Cut and Flash . o.o

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I have three favorite HM slaves this gen. Two of them have undoubtedly already been mentioned repeatedly - Linoone and Tropius. They're the perfect HM slave pair. But my other favorite, who joins the team late in the game, after all the rest of the content has been dealt with and the rest of the moves aren't necessary, is Parasect. It learns Cut and Rock Smash - the two most useless-but-often-necessary HMs - plus False Slash and Spore, which makes it a perfect dual-purpose HM slave/Catcher.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I used Relicanth as my main HM Slave after I had access to them. They can learn the Water-traversing HM's along with Rock Smash.
I hated having to put Rock Smash on a Pokemon, due to just how weak it it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2014
i never use slaves, waste of party space. just teach hm's to your team members it can't do much harm

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
As everyone's been saying, Linoone has been good for me, since it learns all the HMs that are useless. I have also tried using Tropius, and it is also a great one.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
Marill was my HM slave, and I regret it. I love Marill to pieces now.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Last time I played Sapphire (on emulator) - Persian (for cut), Kingdra (for Surf, Waterfall and Dive), Delcatty (strength), Sceptile (rock smash), Pelipper (fly)

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Sadly, it became my Swampert since Hoenn is mostly water he had or actually has since I'm trying to make the most of Emerald xD

Blizzard
Surf
Waterfall
Dive

Poor Swampert xD

Years
Zigzagoon for Cut and Rock Smash, Wailmer for Surf, Waterfall, Dive, and Strength. Fly was usually given to one of my main party so that one I didn't have to worry about~

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
I think my HM slave may have been Gyarados.... (he had surf, waterfall and dive....)

Years
Zigzagoon and Tropius. Oh, how much I loved using them as my slaves, especially with Zigzagoon picking up items.
They were also my death fodder Pokemon so I could heal :3

Back