• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Multichoice editor v1.0

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Hello there!

Today, I want to present my first tool. I hope you like it ;D

Technical data:
  • Name: Multichoice editor
  • Creator: javi4315 (me xD)
  • Languaje: Español/English
  • version: 1.0
  • Functionality: Fire red
What is Multichoice editor?

Simply, this tool is used to edit the options of fire red's multichoices. Maybe, someone asks: "What is a multichoice?". Okay, this is a multichoice:
Spoiler:

The options of the multichoices can be changed with some Hex editor, but really you like do it? Are you sure? See:
Spoiler:

Have yo changed your mind? xD. Okay, now, using this tool, everything can be summarized in:
Spoiler:

Okay, this is my tool. I am not a professional but I try do something interesting ;D

I mean something. Also, you need XSE by hackmew (or other script editor) to compile the new texts.

Download!

Megaupload - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=29L2RCHZ

*NOTE: I think it is possible to put direct donwload's links here. If I'm wrong, tell me.

Tutorial

How to change multichoice's options.

With this tool, you can change the options easily.

First, you must open Multichoice editor. Now, go to editor and find a multichoice that you like. For example, I will choose the namber 22, this:

multichoice.png

It has three options (Fresh water, soda pop and exit). Now, you must open XSE and compile the new texts. In my case, I will compile three new texts: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. So I will compile this in XSE:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @text1
= Monday

#org @text2
= Tuesday

#org @text3
= Wednesday

XSE should display the offsets. In my case, are this:

As the multichoice has three optiones (in my case), I have only put these offsets in the first three holes in the editor (important: The offsets must be prefixed with 08). So would be:

1. 08800050
2. 08800059
3. 08800063

And only need to click "edit". E voila, multichoice's options are changed:

multichoiceedited.png

Greetings!

PS: Remember, my first tool :P

[Credits: Darthatron
Special thanks: Gut_bro and Rey boo]

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I commend you on your start on creating a rom hacking tool. But I think you should try incorporating your own text compiler, and the ability to add more slots for mutichoice boxes.

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
I commend you on your start on creating a rom hacking tool. But I think you should try incorporating your own text compiler, and the ability to add more slots for mutichoice boxes.

Yeah... but I don't know how to do that sort of thing (text compiler). In fact, I am not very good programming T_T

But I will try to be better, but will be difficult, because I have no tutorial...

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Yeah... but I don't know how to do that sort of thing (text compiler). In fact, I am not very good programming T_T

But I will try to be better, but will be difficult, because I have no tutorial...

You could read the string character by character, match it up in a character array that's order is the same as the character order in pokemon from 00 to FF, and write it's position in the array as a byte into the file. You could also read a string by reading each byte, get the byte's position in the array, and getting the char at that position and adding it into the result string. Tutorials can only get you so far, you also have to get some thinking done on your part.

ShadowMrk

Intangible
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
I actually have the entire textable in a Module that I made ,so if you used VB6 then feel free to ask me for it.

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Dude! This is actually the best thing ever!! All I needed was a multichoice editor and I come upon your post and I get one! THANKS A LOT!

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Hey, jota_rdk, I kinda made my first multichoice just now. Did just what you said; but the last option didn't show up when I tested. Any help?

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Oh, I forgot to change the Options to 3... This is STILL very good. I could write a tutorial about it sometime. :D

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
wow im so hAppy to find an awsome tool like this i just use pokescript so using XSE to get the whole thing kinda isnt my favourite ut anyway i shall get used to it.

Fortunado

Prof. Hemlock is busy now...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
That's actually really nice. I was just thinking what I would have to go through.

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
This tool Won't Work for ME :( ............................
Because i need a Microsoft .NETFRAMEWORK and my PC wont install any Microsoft Software...I think There is Something Strange in MY PC...
When i goto Microsoft it sayS: PAGE NOT FOUND! and when i DL it in another site Such as CNET.. when i install it...It says :error blah blah blah and you need a Software blah blah blah... Can you tell me waht happen???

But this Tool Rocks! \m/ 0 o 0 \m/

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
It'd be really nice to actually know what that error is- it could solve the problem.

When i Download a Net FrameWork from Microsoft and goto the Site.. it says: PAGE NOT FOUND

Then when i download it from another Site like CNET when i install it i always get an Error Message..........

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2012
Please Create a mirror link.
Megaupload is now a big no-no because its already deleted.
thank you

Years
I've looked everywhere for an answer to this, but I haven't been able to find one...I'm getting an "Error 75" when I try to use this tool. It says "Path/File access error, then tells me it has worked correctly, but it hasn't...

Back