• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
How do I use the machine on the route right of Opelucid City to transfer Pokémon from SoulSilver to my Black game??? I don't know what to do on the SoulSilver end

You don't actually do anything on SoulSilver. Your Black on DS#1 will send a downloadable app to DS#2 (which has SS inserted). Download it from DS#2's menu, and a minigame will appear. Play that and it will transfer the Pokemon to Black.

Years
How do I use the machine on the route right of Opelucid City to transfer Pokémon from SoulSilver to my Black game??? I don't know what to do on the SoulSilver end

If I remember right, on the Soul Silver/Heart Gold end, you go to DS Download play on the main menu and select the Gen V game you're playing. You should then be prompted to select the six Pokemon you want to transfer, and then you do the minigame with the launcher.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I believe this will be my second time doing this, but I know it will be my last. A lot of the questions I have recently seen pop up here in both Quick Questions threads have been pretty off topic from the Fifth Generation. If you have a small question concerning Black and White, or Black 2 and White 2, please, post them in their respective Quick Questions thread. Otherwise, if you have questions about such things as EV/IVs, damage calculation, Hidden Power calculation, ROMs, trading, competitive battling of any kind, in-game team help, which of the Fifth Generation games you should buy, do not post them here.

Competitive Battling help can be found here: Battle Center
Trading Pokemon can be found here: Trade Corner
In-Game Team Help can be found here: In-Game Team Help thread
Other Pokemon General Gaming topics can be found here: Pokemon Gaming Central

If in no way your question does not specifically, 100% deal with the Fifth Generation, such as Pokemon locations, Pokemon movesets, Pokemon etc, trainers, gym leaders, characters, areas, item locations, what to do next, etc, your post will be deleted, and you will receive a warning from here on out.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
I dont know if this question should go on the team help or here, but ill ask;

Is Gothitelle a good pokemon?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Defensively she is not bad on the Special Defense aspect, good Special Attack.
But her Ability is a bit lacking. You might try to consider others such as Gardevoir, Alakazam and Reuniclus.

Years

I'll try and assist you here.

I happened to use a Gothitelle on my team in my first Black playthrough and it's pretty decent in my opinion. I gave mine a STAB move, Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball (for coverage) and some filler status move, did her job pretty well. I know that most other Psychic-types available in the game aside from Gothitelle, Sigilyph and Swoobat are slow but hit hard. Sigilyph is slightly better due to the secondary Flying-type (Swoobat has it too, but its stats are something to laugh at, plus I used Sigi on my Black 2 playthrough) but Gothitelle's still pretty good. If I had a good run using it, I'm sure you will too, plus her Frisk ability can be handy for hunting for items on wild Pokemon.

If I were to compare Gothi to the other Psychics in-game, it hits less harder than Reuniclus (White exclusive), Beheeyem, Sigilyph and Musharna, but it's got well-balanced stats.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
PokeDex question

If I am trying to fill up my pokedex (all 649) is B2/W2 necessary?

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
If I am trying to fill up my pokedex (all 649) is B2/W2 necessary?

Yes, since Kyurem is unique to those games.

Is there a way to catch a Thundurus that is NOT Impish nature? Every time I soft reset the game, I always get an Impish Thundurus. This nature sucks because it lowers special attack in exchange for defense (or special defense, IDK).

Years
Is there a way to catch a Thundurus that is NOT Impish nature? Every time I soft reset the game, I always get an Impish Thundurus. This nature sucks because it lowers special attack in exchange for defense (or special defense, IDK).

Impish nature boosts Defense, and lowers Sp. Attack fyi.

I believe the nature is set as soon as Thundurus is released, so that means I guess you need to save before you encounter it the first time (aka when it's an overworld sprite) so that you can still soft-reset for nature, IVs etc. Remember, a roamer's nature is set as soon as it is released and will stay that way, so to soft-reset you need to save before encountering it for the first time.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Bleh, I wish the game told us that before we encounter it.

Anyway to knock it out, and re-encounter it with different nature/IV scores?

Years
Bleh, I wish the game told us that before we encounter it.

Anyway to knock it out, and re-encounter it with different nature/IV scores?

Yeah, just knock it out if you're not happy with it, beat the Elite Four and then return back to where you originally found it. Make sure you save before encountering it!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Yes, since Kyurem is unique to those games.

Correction: you don't need ALL 649 Pokemon to complete the National Dex. The event Pokemon Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect are excluded.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
Can anyone tell me a good HM Slave for victory road? I dont want to teach my pokemon random hm moves.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Can anyone tell me a good HM Slave for victory road? I dont want to teach my pokemon random hm moves.

HMs aren't mandatory in this Victory Road. You can pass it without HMs. You only need them if you want to push the boulders to create shortcuts.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Three unrelated questions about Black 2:

1. How do I navigate through the boulder puzzle in the Seaside Cave? I've moved 2-3 rocks already, but can't find a clear path to reach the others (see attached screenshot).
  2. Where on Route 21 am I supposed to meet members of Team Plasma? The two grunts blocking my way in the Giant Chasm mention that they expect other Team Plasma members to come from that direction.
  3. Is there an appropriate sub-forum here for requesting Action Replay codes? I'm not sure whether the code I need exists, but I don't want to break the rules of this thread either.

Years
Three unrelated questions about Black 2:

1. How do I navigate through the boulder puzzle in the Seaside Cave? I've moved 2-3 rocks already, but can't find a clear path to reach the others (see attached screenshot).
  2. Where on Route 21 am I supposed to meet members of Team Plasma? The two grunts blocking my way in the Giant Chasm mention that they expect other Team Plasma members to come from that direction.
  3. Is there an appropriate sub-forum here for requesting Action Replay codes? I'm not sure whether the code I need exists, but I don't want to break the rules of this thread either.

1. I have a video that will show you the directions: Click here

2. Again, here's another video you can follow the directions of: Click here

3. From what I know, Action Replay/Gameshark codes can't be shared on the forums.

HystericalGengar

Ghost of Insanity
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2014
Hey, I have Pokemon White. I caught Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion but the thing is..
Virizion isn't in my storage. I didn't release it, I didn't put in a daycare.

My pokedex says I caught it and it should definitely be in my storage. I planned on using it but it's not there anymore. Is this a glitch? I hate it. I want my Virizion!!! And I love my team. I'm after the part where I defeated N and Team Plasma. I don't want to restart.

Typhon

'sup
Years
Hey, I have Pokemon White. I caught Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion but the thing is..
Virizion isn't in my storage. I didn't release it, I didn't put in a daycare.

My pokedex says I caught it and it should definitely be in my storage. I planned on using it but it's not there anymore. Is this a glitch? I hate it. I want my Virizion!!! And I love my team. I'm after the part where I defeated N and Team Plasma. I don't want to restart.
Did you carefully look through the PC boxes? All of them? It's probably somewhere in your game. If it's not, you've accidentally released it. I've never heard of a Pokémon removing glitch other then the Bad Egg. But that's kinda impossible to get in B/W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back