• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X or Y?

Which version will you get?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 37 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I usually buy my Pokemon main series games based off if the title and X just sounds better in my opinion. So I'm getting X rather than Y.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I think that if I don't get both of them, I'll definitely get Pokemon X because saying the letter "Y" in Spanish is everything but comfortable. So yes, I'd be getting only X because of how they're read in Spanish.

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
I'll probably go with Pokemon Y because I love the look of that smexy bird-dragon-demon-sky monster! I want him so badly...

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
When I first saw the name I thought that it was meaning gender - like X(X) for female and Y(X) for male! So I was leaning towards X as it is.. but I much prefer the X legendary so I'll be jumping on that bandwagon probably :)

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
When I first saw the name I thought that it was meaning gender - like X(X) for female and Y(X) for male! So I was leaning towards X as it is.. but I much prefer the X legendary so I'll be jumping on that bandwagon probably :)

I thought the same the first time I saw the names. But it seems that it has to do with the legendaries' shape.

Although the red dragon it's amazing and I like it a lot, I must admit that the blue elk just looks majestic. I think (and hope) I'll buy both :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Hard to say without knowing exclusives.

I have had a tendency in the past to go for the second game so right now I'm voting Pokemon Y.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I'm definitely buying both. I know from past experience that when I buy one game, I end up wanting the other one too, so... yeah :) .

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I always buy both. I can't buy one without getting the other. It just feels wrong. :x

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Y all the way. Since I like the Legendary mascot. That looks amazing. Also, I think that Y could have some pretty decent Version Exclusives. Just my personal view.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Since the only thing we can base this on right now is the legendaries, and the X-eyed elk ends up being X's mascot, I will probably end up getting X.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Judging by both of the legendaries, I'm going to be getting both. I don't have a preference between the two, and I usually end up getting both games anyway.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
It's too early for me to say. We dot even know version differences and we've barely had any looks at th legendaries. But I'd have to say X at this point, cause it sounds cooler, and there won't be stupid memes made out of the name.

same here because i wanna know what each one has in the game because usually different pokemon and towns are in each game.

Years
Assuming that X is going to be the more popular of the 2 games, I'll probably end up getting Y. But, that's really just from name alone. Once we truly start finding out more about the games and their differences, I may change my opinion on that.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
As with any new pair of games, I'll be getting both and a third copy later so that I can have a storage game. Usually the third one I purchase is the one I prefer the most of the two.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
For me, I'll have to wait on the poll, and find out what the version exclusives will be. I want to buy the game that will feature the majority of my favorite Pokemon, including future gen 6 favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back