• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New deck for States: ToXic Fields

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Here is the deck I am currently putting together for States on March 23rd.
Let me know what you guys think. Still need to add some stuff but I have to wait till next week.

-ToXic Fields-

POKEMON:
2x Turtwig (PS)
1x Grotle (PS)
2x Torterra (PS)
2x Snivy (BC)
1x Servine (BC)
2x Serperior (BW)
2x Oddish (BC)
1x Gloom (BC)
1x Vileplume (BC) **Might add one more**
1x Pinsir (ND)
1x Heracross (BC)
1x Terrakion EX (DE)
1x Terrakion (BW71)
((Too Many Pokemon? Wanting to add Shaymin EX & a Virizion, replacing some.))

TRAINERS/SUPPORTERS:
2x Energy Search
3x Switch
2x Skyla
2x Cheren
3x Giant Cape
1x Cilan
1x Pokemon Communication
1x Great Ball
1x Level Ball
1x Eviolite (for now)
2x Plus Power
3x Rare Candy
1x N
((Looking to add 2x Virbank and 2 Lasers))

ENERGY:
1x DCE (looking to add 2 more)
4x Fighting
10x Grass

I end up with 56 cards total. Room for adding and switching.
My strategy for this deck is simple. Poison, heal, and KO.
Since I will mostly be facing Blastoise/Keldeo this deck is ideal for KO against that deck.
Plus throwing in the Terrakion will help with Darkrai and Eels.

FEEDBACK IS WELCOME AND MUCH APPRECIATED! Thank you!

Maybe add some Hammers? Replace some with Tangrowth?

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Hey Xander ! I see you are new to the forum and welcome !

My first issue with this deck list is that there are too many stage 2 lines in this deck which will make consistency a very large issue. Also the more basic Pokemon which you bench trying to evolve them will be Pokemon catcher targets and killed quickly.
Unfortunately if you use this deck as it is, you will not do very well as the meta-game is mainly about using big EX Pokemon with very little evolution lines such as just a line of Hydregion or Kling-Klang.
If you want to use a grass deck I suggest you use Verizon with other basics such as Terrakion and Sigilyph. Shaymin EX is a nice EX to use as a counter to opposing Terrakion and Landorus in the late game. Mewtwo EX is always needed in a deck to oppose enemy Mewtwo EX and can punish players who load up energy onto a Pokemon.

So here is the revised Pokemon Line:
1 Shaymin EX
2 Terrakion NV
3 Verizon NV (with double draw)
2 Mewtwo EX
1 Sigilyph DE (with safe guard)

Then for your trainers and supporters you need 4 Pokemon Catcher. It's a staple in any deck and you need it to take out Pokemon in your opponent's bench such as Klings,Tynamos,Deinos etc.
Also you need 4 Professor Juniper as it is one of the best draw supporters in the game and even though you discard resources, you may not have much of a choice when you need to draw into other cards that you need.
I would not add hammers into this deck, but I would defiantly recommend the Lazor + Virbank city gym.
See what you think and then we can work on the deck more later on !

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Thank you! New to the forum, but not the game. The last time I played was base set at Toys R Us every saturday morning lol.

Yeah I figured there was too many but all their evolutions have fantastic attacks and abilities for healing. Like I said I want to make a counter to Keldeo/Blastoise and be able to hit other opponents I may face. I thought throwing the rare candies and switches in there would make it ok. Also thats why I have a few giant capes in as well. I definitely can't afford catchers by states unfortunately. It will also be hard to afford another Mewtwo seeing as the one I have is a tin promo. I was thinking the Virizion with Giga and Sacred? Thanks for helping me I really appreciate it!

Last edited:
Years
If there's too many, there's too many. A lack of focus on specific Pokemon makes a deck have issues running smoothly and quickly, no matter what their abilities and attacks are. Those 2-1-2 lines you have greatly reduce consistency when there are so many of them.

Renpuu's suggestions should work pretty well, and you should be able to easily pick up a promo Mewtwo EX for $5 to $10 off of eBay before States (just make sure you're not buying the Jumbo card or the older ex Mewtwo from Ruby & Sapphire).

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Ok guys, here is an updated version I just put together.
Let me know what you think and what needs improvement. Thanks!

POKEMON:
2x Turtwig
1x Grotle
2x Torterra
2x Snivy
1x Servine
2x Serperior
2x Mewtwo
2x Terrakion
1x Bouffalant
1x Sigilyph (ability)

TRAINERS/SUPPORTERS:
3x Escape Rope
2x Giant Cape
3x Rare Candy
2x Switch
2x Eviolite
3x Hypnotoxic Laser
2x Virbank City
1x Great Ball
2x Energy Search
1x Computer search
2x Cheren
2x Skyla
3x Professer Juniper
3x N

ENERGY:
3x DCE
8x Grass
2x Blend

(I just realized I don't have room for fighting energy. Ugh now I'm stuck...)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Which Blend energies are you using in there?

I was gonna use Psychic, Grass, Fire, and Dark.
Here is another updated list. Let me know how we are doing.

POKEMON:
2x Turtwig (PS)
1x Grotle (PS)
2x Torterra (PS)
1x Snivy (BC)
1x Serperior (BW)
2x Mewtwo EX
1x Terrakion EX
1x Terrakion (BW71)
1x Sigilyph (ability)
1x Bouffalant (DE)

TRAINERS/SUPPORTERS:
3x Hypnotoxic Lasers
2x Virbank City
3x N
2x Professor Juniper
2x Skyla
2x Cheren
1x Computer Search (Ace Spec)
3x Escape Rope
2x Eviolite
3x Rare Candy
2x Giant Cape
2x Switch
2x Energy Search
1x Great Ball

ENERGY:
3x DCE
10x Grass
4x Fighting

Years
I guess those could work, but what makes Mewtwo EX lethal is its X-Ball attack, so that'd really only leave them as being effective for Sigilyph, which does need Psychic Energy to attack.

You might also still encounter some speed issues trying to set up your Stage 2 Pokemon, since most decks you'll be facing will be using big Basic EX Pokemon, and with Pokemon Catcher around, they'll likely "Catcher" up your Basic that evolves into your Stage 2 you're trying to get into play. Maybe drop the 2 Giant Capes for 2 more Professor Juniper or for 2 more Great Ball (Ultra Ball would be preferable to Great Ball if you have any). I'd drop an Escape Rope or 2 as well in favor of 1 or 2 more Skyla.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
My great ball that I'm using is from DP: Stormfront so I feel its better than the BW ones. I threw the escape ropes in there to go with the switch since I can't afford catchers. I feel pretty comfortable with it. I'll be practicing at a couple tournaments with weekend so hopefully all goes well. Here is my "final" deck list.

POKEMON:
2x Turtwig (PS)
1x Grotle (PS)
2x Torterra (PS)
1x Snivy (BC)
1x Serperior (BW)
2x Mewtwo EX
1x Terrakion EX
1x Terrakion (BW71)
1x Sigilyph (safeguard)
1x Bouffalant (DE)

TRAINERS/SUPPORTERS:
3x Hypnotoxic Laser
2x Virbank City
3x N
2x Professor Juniper
3x Skyla
2x Cheren
1x Computer Search (Ace Spec)
2x Escape Rope
2x Eviolite
3x Rare Candy
2x Giant Cape
2x Switch
2x Energy Search
1x Great Ball (Stormfront)

ENERGY:
3x DCE
10x Grass
4x Fighting

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Well I can't post the link here but just google 2012-2013 modified legal format for Pokemon and the one I view is a PokeGym forum post.

Years
Well, since it's relevant to the discussion, this would be one of the rare instances where linking it would be okay. HOWEVER, that Great Ball is not play legal because it has a different card effect from the ones from the two Black & White sets.

Back