• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon anime really need ???

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Well , The title explain it all .
Tell us what Pokemon Anime need right now !!!
More rival , more Shipping , More battling or More Team rocket ! Just tell us .
I think-
Pokemon Anime need a good ''Punchline Character'' & a ''Straight-man''
Pokemon was popular because it was 50% comedy But now its humor is nowhere near the original series.
So The show need to improve it humor.

Last edited:

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
I would like if they could improve the characters to make they more complex, not necessarily to a more dark side since it wouldn't fit Pokémon, but i would like the characters to get improved with better personalities, back stories and such.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Pokemon Anime need a good ''Punchline Character'' & a ''Straight-man''
Pokemon was popular because it was 50% comedy But now its humor is nowhere near the original series.
So The show need to improve it humor.

Now that Wobbuffet is back, I believe that the show will regain the humor that was lacking from BW (although BW did have some humor). I've noticed that the Pokémon are taking the role of comedian away from the people. I think the last time that I laughed from human dialogue was during "Danger, Sweet As Honey." I'm hoping that both people and Pokémon will be humorous during XY.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Ash start solving difficult Mystery !!!
Itwill be a good advertisement for upcoming Pokemon Detective game and Writer can use Ash's past experience with villainous Team as excuse for that development.
Right now, Detective Conan is one of the highest rated long time anime.
Ya Ya , That tired that with Cilan .
But may be Kids prefer to see the Protagonist solving the Mystery instate of his sidekick !!!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Ash isn't the kind of guy that makes deductions unfortunately. Looker, however, could make another appearance. I know he was in BW a few months ago but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make at least a cameo in XY. There could be a whole arc dedicated to the Looker Bureau, with detective connoisseur Cilan possibly making a return during that arc :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Ash isn't the kind of guy that makes deductions unfortunately. Looker, however, could make another appearance. I know he was in BW a few months ago but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make at least a cameo in XY. There could be a whole arc dedicated to the Looker Bureau, with detective connoisseur Cilan possibly making a return during that arc :D

Do we really know What kind of person Ash really is ? Because Different Series and even different episode shows Ash differently .
Sometime Ash Super competent or sometime he's super dumb.
Its like Different Writer who write different episode gives Ash Different set of personality.
I remember 15 year ago Ash fawn over a cute girl like Giselle and actually understood when people are teasing him & Misty as a Couple.
But now he doesn't have clue what a couple is !!!!!
Ya , We can say that Ash still has his Kindness , Recklessness , hot-sprite , and Sense of justice.
But let be honest , Almost all Kids Anime protagonist are Kind , Recklessness , Hot-sprite and has a sense of Justice.
Ash simply has the trait that almost all anime Protagonist has , its not really unique.
I remember how Ash was before so no matter how he matured , Its totally unreal for him to become such a Nice innocent Gentled-mined Good-Boy he is right now.
Since Ash can become totally different person then before therefore I can say that its totally possible for him to become a Detective .
Writer can use his past encounter with various Villainous Team as a Excuse for such a development.
Its must more realistic then the reboot he had in BW Series.
Also , The series can use more character with a comedic trait like Brock !!!
Brock who usually mature , focus and intelligent goes out of character at the sight of cute girl.
The show need that type of character .
Example : A cold & rude rival like Paul Who get frozen everytime Serena talks to him due to a childhood crush toward her .

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
What the anime should aim for is character development. That's what they completely shot out in BW. Iris and Cilan seemed quite the same until the end. At least in DP Paul became better and Dawn learnt not to be reckless. Since Ash has quite the experience you'd like to see slow charm in his character, but that block isn't appearing. X&Y is still progressing, and honestly I don't see much difference of opinion in any of the characters. They all act as if on cue.

Ending this stalemate would require character development and unpredictability. That's what the anime's been missing, at least in my opinion.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I have to agree with the majority and say that the characters really need more development. Also, less painful moments. I mean, there are countless times where I cringed because the characters or scenario was just so... weird. In other words, the entire anime needs to be more mature. I haven't seen X&Y, so I don't know the improvement on that, but it sounds like it's a step in the right direction.

Another thing that they need, is charm. From Team Rocket's rhyming speeches and reoccurring jokes, the old series really had a certain charm to it that kept people smiling. Now, I feel like that charm is gone. I really think they need to bring it back.

Famon said:
Do we really know What kind of person Ash really is ? Because Different Series and even different episode shows Ash differently .
Actually, you answer your own question:
Famon said:
Ya , We can say that Ash still has his Kindness , Recklessness , hot-sprite , and Sense of justice.
But let be honest , Almost all Kids Anime protagonist are Kind , Recklessness , Hot-sprite and has a sense of Justice.
I'm not understanding this logic. The traits you stated are the traits that are easily visible throughout each region. Yes, a lot of good guys have these traits, but I'm not following on how that prevents Ash from having these traits.

I think that the detective role can never be filled by Ash without some serious character development. Ash doesn't have much of an attention span when it comes to details. So, when it comes to spotting the details and stringing all the clues together, Ash just doesn't have the mind for it. He's more of a person of action, rather than planning. Which also explains this:
Famon said:
Sometime Ash Super competent or sometime he's super dumb.
Oh how true this statement is. However, it still can be traced to a system of consistency. When it comes to things that require concentration and memorization, aka the detail stuff, Ash falls short. However, when it comes to improvisation and creativity, aka the action stuff, Ash reigns supreme. That's why I don't think Ash would make it as a detective, he just doesn't have the mind for it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
This Anime can use A good ''Love & Hate Relationship'' & Female rival !!!

Another thing that they need, is charm. From Team Rocket's rhyming speeches and reoccurring jokes, the old series really had a certain charm to it that kept people smiling. Now, I feel like that charm is gone. I really think they need to bring it back.
Its The lack of creativity !
For Example , Team Rocket motto use to be different in every episode depending on circumstance.
Sometime they wear funny outfit , sometime they quote their motto while eating , sometime they change the line.
Remember , One time james quote the whole motto himself .
But Now Its the same old digital template , petal , Giant ''R'' , pose , background in every episode.
It goes for other referring joke as well .
I have to agree with the majority and say that the characters really need more development. Also, less painful moments. I mean, there are countless times where I cringed because the characters or scenario was just so... weird. In other words, the entire anime needs to be more mature. I haven't seen X&Y, so I don't know the improvement on that, but it sounds like it's a step in the right direction.

Actually, you answer your own question:
I'm not understanding this logic. The traits you stated are the traits that are easily visible throughout each region. Yes, a lot of good guys have these traits, but I'm not following on how that prevents Ash from having these traits.
There is no problem in having those trait However there are other aspect of a character personality that make him different from other character.
For Example , Goku (Dragonball) is also Kind , Reckless , Hot-spited and has a sense of Justice .
But Is Ash completely like Goku ? Nope , Ash has some characteristic that make him different from Goku.
However , Those Characteristic keep changing making Ash a different person.
The Current Ash is totally different then Original Ash and It not because Ash is maturing ! Goku matured too but Does the Goku from Dragonball Z became totally different then Goku from Dragonball ???
Ben Tennison from ''Ben 10'' & Ben Tennison from ''Ultimate Alien'' & ''''Omniverse'' is also a perfect example ! Ya , His Personality did changed in ''Alien Force'' But he goes back to being The Arrogant Boy in ''Ultimate Alien .
Ash keep that trait he needed to keep as a Protagonist But his own Characteristic keep changing.
Why Do You think that People keep Treating ''DP Ash'' & ''BW Ash'' like different person ? They are Both Ash's anyway !!!
I think that the detective role can never be filled by Ash without some serious character development. Ash doesn't have much of an attention span when it comes to details. So, when it comes to spotting the details and stringing all the clues together, Ash just doesn't have the mind for it. He's more of a person of action, rather than planning. Which also explains this:
Oh how true this statement is. However, it still can be traced to a system of consistency. When it comes to things that require concentration and memorization, aka the detail stuff, Ash falls short. However, when it comes to improvisation and creativity, aka the action stuff, Ash reigns supreme. That's why I don't think Ash would make it as a detective, he just doesn't have the mind for it.
If You're talking about realistic development Then Ash should have stop falling for Team Rocket's disguise 10 years ago.
My 10 year old cousin once asked Why Ash & others kept falling for such a obvious disguise over & Over again !!
Honestly If I got trick by Team Rocket as much as Ash then I would have already gain the ability to see though Tricks .
Because it would naturally create a sixth Sense in Me that allow me notice anything ''fishy'' whenever some Overly Friendly people show up insisting that I should leave my Pokemon to them for purpose.
Experience is a great Teacher itself ! Thats why Lawyer & doctor has to work as a Intern before become an actual Doctor.
And all the experience Ash got due to previous ark is enough for Ash to grow as a detective .
As For Ash never planning anything-
Spoiler:

There are some other episode where A ''Rare Ash'' appeared who happen to be much more smarter , insightful , Perspective & competent then usual Ash .
Hopefully This ''Rare Ash'' will be full time ''XY Ash'' !!!
Ash always had older Brother figure like Brock , Treacy and Cilan to depend on So he rarely plan anything but Now he doesn't have any Older brother figure .
Now he has Clemont But Ash has more experience in traveling then Clemont does So Ash could be Planmaker while Clemont provide Knowledge.

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Well, this show should be more mature.

Ash should grow up and travel alone or have a harem (I would pick May, Dawn, Zoey and Serena). Also, he should win leagues, not lose in the quarter-finals or the semifinals. I'm sick of this.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Better Comic Timing !!!
This show really need to improve its comic timing because current one sucks .
I wish for something like this-
1)
176px-WTF_moment_do_u_know_who_she_is_newcomer.jpg

And
2)
180px-WTF_Erian_livid_moments_dense_challenge.jpg

By the way , I'm allowed to post pic from Wikia , right ????

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I think it would be kinda cool to see Ash in his old classic designs.

Years
I think the anime wanted good battle graphics. I've only watched the first 2 episodes of The X&Y series and I think they did a pretty good job.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
If others can read them, I presume...

180px manga page is unreadable for reference.

Is this okay -

Spoiler:

It would be funny !
A rich female rival always tries to intimidate Ash & taunt him But Ash always misunderstand them and ignore it.
Writer always try to show Ash as a oblivious and dense boy Yet they can't seem to bring the funny side dense character has.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
The Pokemon anime needs pokemon with actual stamina...and when you push them to the limit, they FAINT faint. Then you HAVE to take them to a pokemon center...this applies to the games, too. IMO

Elite Four Grimsley

flipping the coin of fate
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2015
The Pokemon anime needs a sense of unpredictability. For a very long time now I've felt that the anime has used the same handful of minor plots in episodes just with a different character (who's just as banal) and different Pokemon.

What also would make the anime so much better would be better battling scenes. I want to see some action, much like Paul vs Ash. I don't want to see some choppy, short battle that is filled with more talk that actual action.

But alas, I doubt they will fix such issues; it looks like luck is just not in my favour in this regard.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I just want the dialogue to be better, so there won't be any cringeworthy phrases, especially how they're delivered from the dubbed versions, in which the dialogue is far too simple and rarely uses idioms, metaphors, jargon, and logical explanations, having been done in other anime dubs. Same goes with lazy writing, which were present during the BW saga.

Guest123_x1

As for what the anime really needs, I think Ash should be more developed as a character, and make better decisions as a trainer. However, (and you knew I was really going to say this), it'd be much better if Ash was replaced with a new primary protagonist - preferably the male player character from the corresponding region's games.

Back