• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inserting Cries ~ By Shiny Quagsire

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
First off, I decided to port my tutorial from PHO, so there is no difference between them.

Most hackers don't know how to insert cries, and it isn't well documented, so I decided to write up a tutorial for it. The only problem with this method is it corrupts the cries around it. To not corrupt cries, go until the part when we open pokecry, then skip to the repointing tutorial

Preparing Your Cry

In order to insert a cry, you need to do a few things

So, first, you need a few things:

1. a .wav cry for your pokemon/fakemon.
  2. r8brain
  3. EliteMap
  4. A ROM

First, get r8brain here.
(Don't worry, it's free. :))

Next, take your wav in r8brain, and fill out it like this:

1038pch.jpg

Now, click 'perform r8brain', and your new wav is formed. If you didn't fill out the info right, you'll hear screeches.

Optional: Open it in sound recorder and lower the volume a tad bit for loud cries.

Inserting Your Cry (The dangerous way)

Next, go to your elitemap folder and open pokecryGUI.

2cgd7xh.jpg

Find the wav file to encode, and fill in the cry table according to this:

Code:
CRY TABLES
Ruby US v1.0
0x452590

Sapphire US v1.0
0x4525EC

FireRed US v1.0
0x48C914

LeafGreen US v1.0
0x48C1F0

Emerald US v1.0
0x69DCF4

(Use the right one for the version.)

24l2afk.jpg

In the pokeID, fill in the pokemon number. Also, the empty slots all use the same cry, so don't use those.

Next, hit samples, and then untick use table, and then encode.

Test it in a game and voila! It should work!

Cry Downloads

EDIT: Here is a .ZIP for all of the cries in wav format. LINK HERE!

EDIT: Here is a .7z file for the .wav cries and the 8 bit cries! To use it, download 7-zip. It's better than winzip, and it's FREE! LINK HERE!

I packaged the cries in the wrong folders! So the 8 bit cries are in the regular folder, and vice versa.

The 8bit cries have already been through the r8brain process, so you can go straight to pokecry!

Repointing Cries In a Hex Editor

Spoiler:

Repointing Cries using CRP

Spoiler:

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
it's a very very nice tutorial.
thanks. I am sure it'll help others who wanna edit the cries in their own hacks.
it'll help me as well. a big thanks~ ^^

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
But that's on another site. :( Ah well, joins, says you refired me and downloads. :D Very useful, this will be great. :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2018
i need help i try to edit the cry of torkoal but all pokeids i tried were wrong...
i tried it with bulbasaur and it worked
i use pokecry and hexeditor

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Pushing this up a little.

Hey, I find the tutorial really helpful. Though I have a problem.
I edited the cry from Bulbasur and it worked really well. Now always when I add a cry at another Pokemon (like Ivysaur), the only thing I get is a really high screeching sound from all cries, except Bulbasur's cry.

I first thought, it's because of the length from my custom cry. But it didn't help, even if the cry was 0.5 seconds long. Also the first cry for bulbasur is 0.7 seconds long and works fine. O_o

Did I something do wrong? The Samples WAV was always smaller than Samples ROM. So it seems like the size of the sample is fine.

[Edit]
Tah-Dah! I found the problem. I found this tutorial somewhere else and there was a video recorded by shiny quaksire. Whadyano, you have to use "Free Space Finder". You had to find a free space in the room and copy the offset to the SampleOffset from Pokecry. Then Hexedit or use Cry Pointer Repointer to repoint the cry. Now none of my cries get glitched and everything works fine!

Last edited:
Years
I don't understand the PokeID, what is it?

Because treecko's # is definitely not 115. In any form.

And maybe include what neo1000 said about repointing cries...

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
I also don't know how he came with 115 as Treeckos number. I think it's just a mistake.

The PokeID is the National Pokedex number of your Pokemon.
For example:
Bulbasaur is 1
Treecko is 252

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I also don't know how he came with 115 as Treeckos number. I think it's just a mistake.
The PokeID is the National Pokedex number of your Pokemon.
For example:
Bulbasaur is 1
Treecko is 252

Well, 115 is Hexedemical for 277, which is Treecko's true number, due to the 25 free spaces between Celebi and Treecko.

You need to use hexedemical numbers for the cries, I think. So, you need to learn how to cconvert Decimal to Hexedemic, as well as what each Pokemon is in Hex (as some are in a weird order in Hex... Also, take into account the 25 empty spaces)

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Really? I tried with 1 for Bulbasaur and 2 for Ivysaur. It worked fine.
Or maybe it's just because the numbers are small. Or that I use FireRed.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Really? I tried with 1 for Bulbasaur and 2 for Ivysaur. It worked fine.
Or maybe it's just because the numbers are small. Or that I use FireRed.

Err, 1 in Hex is 1, it only gets confusing when it gets to the 10th Pokemon, as that becomes A in Hex, whereas 16 in Hex is 10. The calculator tool on every computer can help you turn Decimal numbers into Hex easily (but do not forget the 25 pokemon gap between Celebi and Treecko)

Here is a list of some hex (goes decimal=hex):

0=0
1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5
6=6
7=7
8=8
9=9
10=A
11=B
12=C
13=D
14=E
15=F
16=10

Carry it on from there, but the calculator tool on your computer is easier to use.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Heh, I know HEX is from 0-F and then 10 to 1F, etc.
I just didn't think about this for a sec. Silly me.

So that means you have to look your pokemon up at the National Pokedex and convert the number from Decimal to Hexedecimal.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Heh, I know HEX is from 0-F and then 10 to 1F, etc.
I just didn't think about this for a sec. Silly me.

So that means you have to look your pokemon up at the National Pokedex and convert the number from Decimal to Hexedecimal.

Roughly. I'm sure there is a list for the Pokemon in Hex with XSE, as some may have a weird order (I think Chimecho is one example... Not too sure...). All I know is, there is 25 gaps between Celebi and Treecko, so the number of the Hoenn Pokemon is really their National Dex number add 25, then convert to Hex. However, like I said, it is best to find a list of the Pokemon.

EDIT: I'm right, there is a list of the HEx numbers for each Pokemon with XSE, and yes, there are some anomalies (like Chimecho is the last pokemon)

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
there any way to change the sound of when is shiny using this tool?
edit: is for FR

Last edited:
Back