• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Music so far?

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Roxie's gym theme isn't my favourite, but it DID make me laugh quite hard. So did Ghetsis' battle theme; for that entire battle I couldn't banish the thought that I was battling the Pokemon equivalent of Sephiroth.

I also quite liked the remixed Gym battle themes they did for the PWT; it was nice to hear the Hoenn one again in particular.

The title theme is actually my favourite version of that theme across the entire franchise, as well. It has a certain majesty to it that I appreciate. There's something quite dramatic about hearing that opening note when you're staring at a fused Digimon-esque Kyurem.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Battle! Gym Leader
It was my favourite in B/W and with the minor changes it's now perfect. Still sucks that it stops playing on their last monster, though, considering they only have three at most. It also sucks that all battle themes can stop in favour of that stupid moment-killing low HP theme. The original alarm was never necessary in the first place and its replacement is merely an amplification of a baseless annoyance. The aforementionedly-ubiquitous Virbank Gym track made me cringe inside.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I love a lot of the themes, but the ones that come immediately are the Team Plasma remake & Burgh's gym! The World Tournament battles are also good of course C:

Years
My fave was probably the music from Burgh and Elesa's Gyms.

One was so tranquil, the other was so upbeat.

Pinta77

I think the music when you battle Colress is awesome. And I like the music inside the 2nd gym :P

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Oh, and also, I know this isn't new but I freaking LOVE the Battle! Musketeers theme. I love how at this one point, the music slows down, and it's like time has gone irregular...epic.

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
Colress' battle theme was the best. I think it was because it was the most surprising and unique battle theme of anybody in the entire series.

And if this is the kind of music we can expect from the 3DS games, then consider me psyched for Gen VI!

Dalekhater

Cool Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2014
As far as gym music goes, Burgh's is rockin', but I'll have to favor Roxie's Japanese Dogar song.

As cool as character themes go, Hugh's was cool, but Colress has the best theme seen yet, in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
God, the theme where Elesa is finally ready to battle you is just bangin'. Like, total pop star, model, fashionista mode right there. Drayden's is another I love. It's just so dramatic and over the top it's fantastic. Marlon's theme is great, Marine Tube has a fantastic, perfect theme with it, Colress' battle theme is just fabulous. God, I don't think I can list all of the music I like, because it's a damn lot. Those are definitely my top favorites, though.

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
So far my top musics in this fabulous OST are Burgh's Gym and Vs. Colress. They're very interesting and I really enjoy to hear even if I'm not playing. Very well made.
And besides, They're two of my favorite B2W2 characters!
Colress_OD.png
Burgh_OD.png

Elesa isn't as pretty as before.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Since I don't want to count the arrangements of the champion themes since they aren't really new, I'd have to say either Vs. Colress or Vs. Iris are my favorite tracks from the game.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
Years
My absoloute favourite soundtrack is Village Bridge with all the added music. It's so soul-soothing that I just sometimes stay in village bridge and do nothing, falling asleep to the gentle music.

Favourite battle music is definetely Vs. Colress, he was definetely an interesting character.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
My favorite music in the game so far is the final battle music when you get into the finals in the Pokemon World Tournament. I honestly did not have a favorite song from the first installment of the games, but I did like the earshot of the girl in Anville Town of the girl playing the flute; it's a really nice tune.

:t354:TG

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Obviously a lot of recycled tracks (Sad to see the Route 10 song is gone. :/) but from the new ones, the PWT finals battle theme and the rival encounter are probably the ones that stand out for me.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Like many mentioned on the first page, for me my favorite is Roxie's Gym, her music rocks! Every time I play, I go there just to listen to her music, [I wish I could have it as my cellphone ringtone].

Years
So far, I like the BLACK AND WHITE 2

SO FAR I LIKE THE POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE 2 CHAMPION THEME AND DP DIALGA VS PALKIA THEME^^

Last edited:
Years
Generally, I must say that I really enjoyed the music in Pokemon Black 2/ White 2. They did a great job, especially on the Gyms' themes.

My favorites are:

-Colress' theme
-Roxie's gym theme
-Elesa's gym theme (the last part of it sounds so epic!)
-Humilau City

There were a lot more but these are the ones that got stuck in my head most :D

SuperChobot

IS THIS HOW I TITLE
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I haven't beaten the whole game yet (grinding for the Elite 4 at this point, and after that I'm actually going to make my "real" team), but so far my favorite track is a tie between the rival battle music and the second part of Elesa's gym theme. I like the Plasma battle music too.

Back