• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blue hack: Hack of PKMN Blue: Pokemon Ice Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
POKEMON ICE BLUE
Base: PKMN Blue

Tools: in Tools section, mostly Swampert Tools
Current Beta: 1

INFO
Hello Emulation. I am Dradier, and I am here to present you guys a hack. Pokémon Ice Blue is a advance of Pokémon Blue with lots of extra features to make it enjoyable. This is my first hack. You might know me in Game Dev. I've had to restart this a couple times due to the lack of experience hacking. Theres now two patchs to be released, the 1st Gen patch, and the Remade Graphics 3rd Gen patch. There both BW though.

STORY
Same as Blue

FEATURES
Articuno Title
Unexpected Pokemon, not so random though
Harder Trainers
Harder Gyms
Harder Pokémon
Different Coin Prizes
Get all three starters from the prize center
Different trades, better deals
Stronger Rival, [Weak at the beginning]
Now gym leader's Pokémon have different special moves
Now get two TMs for each gym leader
Master Ball and Rare Candy for sell
Stones are also sold in Vermillion, Cerulean, and Cinnibar
Stat changes: stronger starters
TOOLS
RBG Starter Editor
GB Starter Editor
GB Trade Editor
Prize Editor
Mart Editor
GB Gym Editor
RB Trainer Editor
RBY Wild Pokémon Editor
Pokeedit
poketext
CREDITS
Swampert Tools
Pokémon
Creators of poketext, RBY Pokémon Editor
poke edit
Generation 2 patch by Danny
MEDIA
pokemonblue.png
pokemonblue4.png
Graphics Upgrade=
pokemoniceblue.png
pokemoniceblue2.png

DOWNLOADS
Now: Beta 1, second gym, then the game gets easier after that..
Check attachments
3rd gen or 1st gen, you chose.
Better graphics

1st Gen: really not recommended, doesn't make sense if theres better gen graphics.

The hack is the same, but you can have the better graphics and play it or the original graphics and play it. Later on though, it will only be released in better graphics [Graphics Patch by Danny]
PROGRESS
Up to second gym with Misty
THANKYOU

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
This hack seems like a normal one. Congrats for making it. I think the Color gen games deserves more interests. Anyway:
-Maybe you should try modifying the story a little, add more things(like the Sevii Islands for FR/LG) 'cause people won't play this hack just because the graphics were updated.
Good luck. If you need help, contact me!

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
The graphics update is not the only thing. Harder levels, better trades, stronger starters, all in the features section. The graphics by Danny. Its a rombase. Also remade graphics patch and 1st gen is the same hack but you get to decide if you want to play the hack with better or worse graphics. Now that I think of it, that doesn't make sense, so from now on, you can only download the Upgraded version.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Update, Beta 1 had some mistakes and weak Pokémon so it has been updated and will be fixed. You can now catch all starter Pokémon out in the wild. Other Pokémon that could only be caught when traded can now be caught in the wild. Download link soon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Thankyou! I'm glad someone likes this! I will also bring this up in one of my new forums, aswell.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
why hacking pokemon red?why not firered?
1. GB/C and GBA hardwares are totally different, making everything work in a different way between the two. And I personally like the restrictions it offers; because of this, we don't have tools that allow us to achieve the wanted changes by just "clicking this button" right here. That would offer no challenges at all and rom hacking is all about being mathematically stimulating learning process! Not everyone just understands it. Unless done like that, it's just game-developing. Some like being game developers, others rom hackers. I want to belong to the latter one.
But of course GBA hacking can be made really difficult too, but the fact stands still that GB/C and GBA engines are not the same.

2. Some people actually like Gameboy graphics!

3. FireRed is overrated. If you wanted to hack a GBA pokemon game, why not hack Emerald instead? Because of a fewer amount of people who have contributed into creating game-specific tools for that game possibly of course...

Done.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Well, I just like the GB graphics and I think pokemon blue needs to be slightly more challenging, although those are good points. Im more of a game developer then rom hacker. I just want this game to be more entertaining. I also think FR is highly overrated. I also have some new screenshots.. ;D
pokemoniceblue2.png
pokemoniceblue3.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
I'm now taking a new poll, theres gonna be new starters, Flying, Rock, and Grass types, which pokemon should I use?

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
You can use
1.Pidgey, Geodude and Oddish/Bellsprout
2.Spearow/Doduo,Rhyhorn and Exegcute
3.Farfetch'D,Onix/Any fossil and Tangela

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You can use
1.Pidgey, Geodude and Oddish/Bellsprout
2.Spearow/Doduo,Rhyhorn and Exegcute
3.Farfetch'D,Onix/Any fossil and Tangela
Option 2 is unfair as Rhyhorn can evolve 2 times while the others only once.
And Option 3 is totally broken unless Farf would get a total power boost which would be even more broken as it would have advantage against the others at the beginning.
Option 1 seems like a fair choice.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Option 2 is unfair as Rhyhorn can evolve 2 times while the others only once.
And Option 3 is totally broken unless Farf would get a total power boost which would be even more broken as it would have advantage against the others at the beginning.
Option 1 seems like a fair choice.

Read the thread title before posting man. It is Pokemon Blue so Rhyhorn only evolves once. I agree with your opinion in option 3 because I didn't had another flying pokemon doesn't evolves.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I would go with either:

1. Bellsprout, Geodude, Pidgey
or
2. Oddish, Geodude, Pidgey

Obviously Golem would be available without trading, but as stated above, there aren't many other options

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Well, I looked at all your suggestions, great, guys! The golem thing, I can fix by hacking it so it evolves on some level. Well, some of your suggestions have really weak pokemon, but then I can also hack into it and strenghthen them up. I originally wanted 2 evolutions, but I like the fossil idea so i'll go with: Spearow, fossil, and Execute. I'll have to make Execute much more stronger,though. What should I do for a fossil that's only rock type? If there isn't one, I'll go with Geodude, in the unreleased newest version, you get to catch all 3 original starters in Virdian Forest.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Instead of the fossil, you may use Rhyhorn or either Kabuto or Omanyte giving the players chance to get all fossil pokemons.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Well, I can't do Ryhorn because its a ground type, I'm going with Geodude, I guess, but I wonder if the gamers will be disappointed with all the weak Pokemon on chose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back