• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon Direct - 04/09/2013!

blue

gucci
Years
Directt.png

Nintendo will be hosting a Pokémon Direct session tomorrow which will focus on the upcoming games Pokémon X & Y which are due to be released next month. It is not currently known what this event will feature but it's sure to be interesting! Localized times as follows: 4AM PDT/7AM EDT/12PM BST/8PM JST.

*The event will be broadcast Here & I will update the post as the event is commencing with any news related to Pokémon X and Y. Exciting times!

Updates

• 12:05 - There is a new 3DS App called Pokémon Bank that allows you to store upto 3,000 Pokémon online, sort of like an iCloud feature.​

• 12:06 - There will be a feature called Poké Transporter that will allow you to transfer Pokémon from Black 2 & White to over to Pokémon X and Y!​

• 12:11 - You will receive either Chespin, Fennekin or Froakie from your friend, you will also receive either Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle from Professor Sycamore!​

• 12:13 - Three new Mega Evolutions have been confirmed, they are: Venusaur, Charizard & Blastoise.​

• 12:19 - Pokémon X & Y themed 3DS XL consoles will be available in U.S & Europe on 27th September.​

• 13:32 Mega Venusaur now has the Ability Thick Fat, Mega Charizard now has the ability Drought & Mega Blastoise now has a new ability called Mega Launcher.

Trailer showcasing the news broadcast in the Pokémon Direct event

Last edited:

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Awesome, I wasn't expecting this. It's good to spice things up before CoroCoro comes along in about a week.

Not sure what to expect to be quite honest. Maybe some X and Y gameplay footage, but then again I've only experienced one Nintendo Direct regarding Pokemon, and that was with the hefty announcement with X and Y. Tldr: I'm not sure if this announcement will be huge or subtle.

I guess I will have something to catch up on to when I get back from school tomorrow.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
According to insidegamer MORE information about the Mega evolutions MAY also be brought to attention, it's not stated if more Pokémon Mega evolutions will be revealed.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Further details on Mega Evolutions and perhaps extra game footage seems like a safe bet. I'm not sure if to really expect anything big from this announcement. That may come next week when CoroCoro is out.

blue

gucci
Years
Well a Pokémon Direct worldwide would be a much better opportunity to deliver any major or large quantity news to a wider audience with what that they have to offer rather than a Magazine that is circulated around Japan alone. The last time they did a Pokémon Direct was the announcement of X and Y so I'm expecting something quite good tbh, and I doubt they would do something like this only to reveal a couple of new Pokémon.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Yeah you don't hold a pokemon direct for little stuff, expecte a good deal of info

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I didn't expect to see this news. It's rather pleasant. It's likely that it'll have news which will also be in the next corocoro so we might be getting the info on this final issue before release early :3.

Years
I think they will announce the type advantages and disadvantages of the Fairy type. You know, and maybe the starters evolutions? omg I hope they won't cause I dont wanna see them hahaha :) And they sure will announce more stuff about Mega Evolutions.

Now I am so hyped. lol

Name

Moémon Master
Years
i don't normally watch stuff like this, but if i remember to . . . i just may watch this, for funsies

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think they will announce the type advantages and disadvantages of the Fairy type. You know, and maybe the starters evolutions? omg I hope they won't cause I dont wanna see them hahaha :) And they sure will announce more stuff about Mega Evolutions.

Now I am so hyped. lol

If I were you and I saw them mention the starters I would turn off the screen...maybe I'll do so myself...and struggle to avoid rumors for the next month and nine days...

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
I hope it has something to do with new ways to evolve your Pokemon. Pancham and Inkay evolve in a new way so hopefully that will be covered in this Nintendo Direct.

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
I think they'll talk about fairy's type advantages and disadvantages.
Too bad time zones exist. It's at 1PM here, i'm at school around that time.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Really good news, the pokemon buzz has been a bit dry the last 2 or so weeks. I'm thinking we'll get a lot of info from this, they wouldn't hold a pokemon direct only to be held back by a magazine that only circulates in Japan.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I have to wake up at 6 AM for this?! D=

I wanted to sleep late!

6 AM is for all of you in Central Time.

So the rest of the states will be +2 and -3 I believe. Some will have to wake up as early as 3 AM and some as late as 8 AM. Feel sorry for you kids in school, luckily Suicune said he'll update for everyone that misses.

I'll try to help as I don't expect to sleep tonight now. XD

If any of you want to try and match your time to see how early you'll need to wake up. It is currently 12:35 while I'm posting this. Your time should be different when you look at my post time. Subtract or add to your current time and that is the Zone difference between us. Then take my 6 AM and either add or subtract from it to see when it is going to air for you. If anyone else posts a time converter, you'll be a saint.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Well a Pokémon Direct worldwide would be a much better opportunity to deliver any major or large quantity news to a wider audience with what that they have to offer rather than a Magazine that is circulated around Japan alone. The last time they did a Pokémon Direct was the announcement of X and Y so I'm expecting something quite good tbh, and I doubt they would do something like this only to reveal a couple of new Pokémon.

Exactly... If it was nothing special they wouldn't hold a Pokemon direct period. And it's so close to the launch of the games. I am expecting starter evolutions revealed, full details on mega evolution, and a bunch of new Pokemon shown off (if only briefly)... Oh and that one final ??? box on the pokemon.com/xy will be revealed...

Years
It's possible that they could announce worldwide 3ds x/y bundle release but I might just be too hopeful on this one.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Hope it's not just X/Y (zzzzzzzzz) and we get actual Pokebomb megatons.

Pokken fighter developed by Capcom. Gameplay similar to Tekken but faster paced and more extreme ala what MvC is to Street Fighter.
ibselVzcGIp1Ki.gif

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE BLAZIKEN IS TOP TIER

Spoiler:

Back