• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeskyJoltik

EPICLY HAPPY
Years
Well, for me , I would like Fire than any other Starter types,so i choose Fennekin, but I like Chespin too, and Froakie, they are awesome! I Choose Fire!

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Chespin since day one. I like how he looks (reminds me of Happy Tree Friends lol) not to mention he's the cccombo breaker! of reptilian grass starters. The badass final evo is just icing on the cake.

Zethremar

Entirely Uninteresting
Years
Fennekin or Chespin, but I'm leaning more towards Fennekin because I love Fire Pokemon. Froakie simply isn't appealing to me at all unfortunately.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
after many generations of staying true to the fire starters, this time im going to pick Froakie. I think him and Chespin look both awesome, especially their final evos. Fennekin is not bad, but its final stage just doesnt look that appealing to me. Also, with a new gen it´s time for a change, so im glad i like Froakie the best

Years
After lightening to the final evolutions, I am still wavering between Fennekin and Froakie. I was Team Chespin for a while, but lost my interest at the final which pushed me back to my indecisiveness. My choice may end up being decided by the toss of a coin.

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
Years
I will make my decision when i see the final forms. Currently it is between Froakie and Chespin. I have always chosen the fire starter on my first play through however I just do not like Fennekins design. Also Charmander will most likely be on my team, better off picking a different type of Gen VI starter that has better synergy together.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I can understand how some people are disappointed in the final evolutions, but I can't find that a reason to box your Pokémon away. I've always been a true rp fan of the game and view my starter as one of my most valued Pokémon. You wouldn't throw it away if that's what it became if it was a real adventure. I mean, that's your first Pokémon. I find that one gets less disappointed if you don't make high expectations from the start. Take things for how they truly are and not how you wish they would have been.

Unlike most, I think that Fennekin's final evolution is gorgeous. I'm glad they went more mage instead of witch. It's so majestic looking. Froakie's is a little creepy with the scarf design and overly pointy features, but like all Pokémon, I will grow to love it. Chespin's is a bit much, but I have to admit that I find it awesome at the same time.

I'm still going with my original choice of Fennakin. I will have a Charizard most likely take her place later in the game since I'm 100% in love with the X mega, but it will be months down the road after we can transfer Pokémon from older games.

P.S.
My apologies for this being so long. I guess it's a mini rant due to my disgust with reactions and all that.

I'm guessing that was partly intended for me since it came after my hateful post. That's a really good outlook to have on the game, but definitely not the way I feel. I don't value starters above any others, personally. And you shouldn't really feel disgust towards other people's reactions (but hey, doesn't really matter), even though I'm not really happy about them I'm happy people seem to like them, at least someone does. Plus the Rookies and the Middle Evolutions are all really cool in my eyes, so that's at least something. Anywhozers!

EDIT: I guess I should say WHY I'm not too big on the starters instead of just randomly stating it...

Delphox: Hm... well, I don't know why I placed Delphox behind Emboar because I like Del better. It's not really bad, but I can't really put my finger on why I don't like it. I love it when they keep Pokemon simple as they need to be instead of adding widgets, but I feel maybe Del is a bit plain? It was based off magic and witches and things of the such, I just feel there's more they could have done with her.

Chesnaught: I actually think the torso, shell, head, and tail look great (fantastic even), it's just those arms and legs cripple the entire design for me. Maybe it can tuck them in and roll into a ball or something? But how will it do that with those two enormous spikes on its back?

Greninja: Tongue scarf is disgusting. Okay, that's out of the way! I like that it's angular, which is it's single redemption point for me. But it's a little TOO angular. Other than that, I dislike the circles and coloration for it even though the frog it's based off of has that pattern to an extent.

The CoroCoro came out with Ken Suigimori-drawn starters. Still hate Greninja and dislike Chesnaught, but Delphox is looking a bit better.

Spoiler:

They're not in order from Grass to Fire to Water, that's my fault.

Last edited:
Years
I picked Fennekin as Fire Pokémon are usually not too common in the games. So far, it has done a good job. Also, I like that it becomes a Fire/Psychic type later on. For the Kanto starter, I'm going to choose Squirtle :3

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The CoroCoro came out with Ken Suigimori-drawn starters. Still hate Greninja and dislike Chesnaught, but Delphox is looking a bit better.

Spoiler:

They're not in order from Grass to Fire to Water, that's my fault.

So Chespin evolves into the Juggernaut? Awesome.

Fennekin still retains its majestic looks even in its final form.

Froakie's evolutions seem to be much more appealing than its basic form. Also, dat tongue scarf, how is it going to eat like that?

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Personally I think too many people get caught up in appearances. This is true in the real world as well. There is not a single design flaw that I can see in any of the Pokemon we've seen so far. Not one. Nit-picking one feature or another when we know next to nothing about the Pokemon themselves is really quite off-puting. I tell you, I would rather have the most disgusting-looking Pokemon if it also proved to be the most valuable Pokemon on my team. Heck, if I went with looks alone to determine which Pokemon I wanted to catch, I'd probably not have caught over 90% of the Pokemon I have already. I've said this before and I'll say it again: you can't judge a book on its cover, just like you can't judge a Pokemon on its looks. To those who continue to base their decisions on looks alone I say: wait until you learn more about these Pokemon. They may just surprise you, and some of them just might end up on your team after all.

As an aquarist who keeps and breeds livebearer fish, I can tell you right now that the most plain looking wild-strain fish tend to be the most interesting of all. They're not so brightly-coloured as domestic strains, and thus not as pretty, but their personalities are so very unique. So much so that I would rather keep wild-strain fish than domestically bred fish any day.

Years
I am seriously struggling in deciding whether or not to look at the final evo's. Like, we've made it this close, and I don't wanna spoil the surprise of seeing its evolution in-game. At the same time, if I'm disappointed in Chespin's final evo now, I can warm up to it by Saturday, whereas if I'm disappointed in-game then that's that.

On the other hand, I really wanna be surprised with the look of many new Pokemon. WHAT DO I DO omg the struggle

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
What nature will you be choosing for your starter Pokemon?

With one day left before the release of X and Y, what nature (if you'll be resetting for a particular one) will you be looking for for your starter?

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
i was going to make a thread on this but i might as well just ask what difference does it make about the nature of a pokemon? i always just thought it was a pointless stat

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
i was going to make a thread on this but i might as well just ask what difference does it make about the nature of a pokemon? i always just thought it was a pointless stat
It increases, decreases, or has no effect on its stats. Adamant nature decreases special attack and increases attack. Modest nature decreases attack and increases special attack. Etc.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I'm gonna get my starter....thats it.Froakie (hopefully with the right nature so i can get some defence boost,or even more speed).
Not gonna reset 450-460 times to get what i want.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
My Froakie has a Modest nature- I had to soft reset a couple of times for it. :) I'm happy though, it seems to learn a lot of Sp Att moves and it's female too which is always nice. ^^

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Modest for Froakie. Already has great Speed and it appears like it might have more Special than Physical moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back