• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Game Development Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
HGSS region map template; includes everything needed to make a HGSS style region map. Just remember to credit me if used.
hgssmaptemplate.png

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Thanks a lot, PyroDX. I spent most of the afternoon finding out what each thing was, and for the most part, they're recognized, but there's the good few that I don't know since I don't have the game. Also, there were a lot more sounds in there than you let on, Pyro. XD

Named stuff in the attachment (link here, just in case). I wouldn't mind being credited for spending the time to name the tracks, but it'd be nice.

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
alright, after converting and finally uploading, the music for heart gold & soul silver are up for download in an mp3 format. as always they can be found here.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Someone have owerworlds from hgss for rmxp format?

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Weird, it's my first time posting here...Well...

Most of these tiles i'm not proud of and are no longer being used in Pokemon Ryen which is why I'm making them public. I've made new versions of most of these tiles in my new style which I will reveal soon to the public, so here ya go.

*Credit Shinylugia249 for Tiles and Pallets*

Public_Tiles_by_SL249.png

Years
Hi everyone. I have decided to make Kyledove's GSC tiles into RMXP format. So I took a hour, did it and am giving it to the community. Seeing as how i will probably never going to use them.

Remember full credit goes to Kyledove. As for me I need none.

Enjoy!

Actually, this tileset is by me, not Kyledove. You might need to go through some spoilers to get to it, but the set is there.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2835882&postcount=1

Anyway, I will no longer be requiring credit for this set. For one, everything was Nintendo copyright to begin with. Number two, I don't like them.

Legendaries

Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 2, 2021
Hi, these are the overworlds of HGSS in rpgxp format:)
bye

It is great work, but full of errors. Look:

t9z89l.png

First and second frames are the same (third and fourth too), so the pokemon looks frozen when moving.

Also second and fourth frame should be one pixel lower (normal view) or two pixels lower (with 2x magnification/RPG Maker format). Now it just "changes" the legs and the body does not move, it looks so unnatural

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
First and second frames are the same (third and fourth too), so the pokemon looks frozen when moving.

Also second and fourth frame should be one pixel lower (normal view) or two pixels lower (with 2x magnification/RPG Maker format). Now it just "changes" the legs and the body does not move, it looks so unnatural

The HG/SS Pokémon overworld sprites only have two frames.

I've also converted the HG/SS OWs to RMXP format, taking into account the above, as well as including all shiny versions and alternate forms.
Thanks to SCV for ripping them.
Download Pokémon OWs
Download NPC, miscellaneous and beta OWs
Enjoy :)

Legendaries

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 2, 2021
Wichu, you're right that HG/SS Pokémon overworlds have only two frames.... but did you test the overworld you did? They should change their legs while moving, isn't it?
This is correct for RPG Maker:
23vgo5k.png

This is not:
5cyp7t.png

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Wichu, you're right that HG/SS Pokémon overworlds have only two frames.... but did you test the overworld you did? They should change their legs while moving, isn't it?
This is correct for RPG Maker:
23vgo5k.png

This is not:
5cyp7t.png

Theoretically that format is wrong because for RMXP the frames next to each other. But if you play through HGSS you'll notice that the pokemon sprite animates slower than the player, this is because there are only two different frames that loop around.

Legendaries

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 2, 2021
Theoretically that format is wrong because for RMXP the frames next to each other. But if you play through HGSS you'll notice that the pokemon sprite animates slower than the player, this is because there are only two different frames that loop around.
Ok, you're right, but Wichu wrote that he "converted the HG/SS OWs to RMXP format" and it's not proper RM format, that's why I reacted :)

I have fixed the problem with the overworlds of kanto
Look at them
Oh, you are wonderful :) I'd be grateful if you make the rest of it :) Thanks a lot!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023

That's correct; the sprite bobs up and down twice as fast as it changes frames, which is reflected in my sprites.

Legendaries

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 2, 2021
That's correct; the sprite bobs up and down twice as fast as it changes frames, which is reflected in my sprites.

Yeah, maybe. But if Pokemon makes just one step its legs don't even move.. Whatever.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Here are all of the HGSS Trainer sprites. They aren't mine so give credit to DeathStar.

HGSSTrainer.bmp.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back