• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm out of names for this [OU RMT]

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
Hey guys, I've decided to make an all new OU team since my previous ones have failed. This time I focused on getting my Pokemon to all work together and cover weaknesses. I'm hoping to get some good rates on this team.
---
Quick Glance:
260.png
|
094.png
|
212.png
|
485.png
|
130.png
|
135.png

In Depth:

swampert.png

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed
Torrent
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar

This is my lead. I start by setting up SR and then if I'm faster than my opponent I'll phaze through their team and KO whatever I can with the Earthquake + Ice Beam combo. Ice Beam lets me take out Salamence and other dragons that are locked into Outrage (excluding Kingdra). Usually I try to save Swampert so I can bring him back in later in the game to phase out anything trying to set up or pick off slower Pokemon that have been weakened. Swampert also gives me a nice Electric resist for Gyrados.

gengar.png

Gengar @ Life Orb
Naive
Levitate
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire] 70

Here's some background info on the Gengar. This is the first Pokemon I managed to IV breed for the proper Hidden Power. I'm kinda fond of it now. I went with Naïve nature since I was struggling getting Timid. Also, the SpD drop doesn't really matter much since Gengar's defenses suck. I try to get him in on Ground attacks (aimed at Heatran, Scizor, or Jolteon) or Fighting attacks (aimed at Heatran or Scizor). If this guy ever goes up against Scizor, I'll Protect the first turn to see what it's gonna do. If he Pursuits, then I'll use HP Fire and KO it, and if it Bullet Punches I'll just switch out to Heatran to scare it off.

scizor.png

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant
Technician
200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Roost

This guy is an absolute favorite of mine. With Scizor I can revenge kill most Pokemon that have been weakened by SR. I try to switch him in on an Ice attack (while praying for no Freeze hax) and then I'll either set up predicting a switch or KO with Bullet Punch. There isn't much to say about this since it's a pretty simple set. Roost is there so I can live longer and stall out opposing Scizors if any of my counters go down. I chose Brick Break over Supoerpower because the Atk and Def drop wasn't too appealing.

heatran.png

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Naive
Flash Fire
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Dragon Pulse

This guy's Scizor's best friend. I send out Heatran on any Fire attacks aimed for Scizor so I get the Fire Boost or Grass attacks aimed at Swampert. Then I'll proceed to sweep whatever is out there. Fire Blast aids in taking out Grass and Bug types. Earth Power helps with Rock and Poison types and Dragon Pulse gives neutral coverage as well as help in revenge killing Dragons that are locked into Outrage.

gyarados.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant
Intimidate
156 HP / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

I decided to use a Bulky Gyarados this time around. I usually send him in on Water attacks aimed at Heatran. With Taunt I can prevent Pokemon from setting up or phazing me. I can then proceed with Dragon Dance to set up. Waterfall helps take out Fire, Ground, and Rock types. It also helps in eliminating opposing Heatran's that cause a problem for Scizor. Stone Edge aids in taking out Flying types and anything that's resistant to waterfall

jolteon.png

Jolteon @ Leftovers
Timid
Volt Absorb
252 HP / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
- Discharge
- Substitute
- Wish
- Baton Pass

After building my team, I noticed my team could really use for Wish support. After going through all the Pokemon that can learn Wish, I settled with Jolteon as it can come in on Electric attacks aimed at Gyarados and at the same time heal itself. Jolteon tries to get a Sub up and then uses Wish, followed by Baton Pass. Most of the time I'll just Wish and then Baton Pass if one of my other Pokemon can KO what ever is out there.

---
Well that's my team. I hope I provided enough explanations for it. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, in advance.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Use 252 HP / 12 SpD / 244 Speed on Jolteon instead to outrun +1 Adamant Gyarados, since Gyarados poses a big threat your team, setting up on Scizor and Heatran. Heatran checks with Explosion, while Swampert can Roar it, but running extra Speed on Jolteon would serve as a back up check if Swampert is at low and Heatran has already fainted.

Otherwise, didn't see any other major offensive threats.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
For Bulky Gyara you could also consider an Impish nature to add more bulk since DD will be boosting your Attack anyways. Bounce is also a fine option on Gyarados as Water+Flying provides excellent dual-STAB coverage.

Swampert is a good lead but be wary of Anti-Lead Starmie and it's Grass Knot and other Anti-Leads that might cary Grass moves.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
You brought up a good point. I guess if I go against an anti-lead Starmie I could always switch to Scizor predicting the Grass Knot.

That's a good idea but your Starmie resits both of your Scizor's attacking moves. That's why I said be wary of it.

Maybe run U-Turn or Bug Bite? To be honest your opponent will go to a Fire attacking Pokemon that's faster as soon as it sees Scizor so it'll have a mighty hard time getting SD up. That's why Choice Band is a more common set.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
-Bullet Punch
-U Turn / Bug Bite
-Superpower / Brick Break
-Pursuit

CB Scizor is one of the metagame's most used Pokemon for a good reason. With Technician, it has a 60 BP Priority move to pick off frailer Pokemon and revenge kill common threats. Heatran gives it some problems because all Scizor can do against it is try and Superpower it on the switch. You can run Superpower here since being Choiced means you'll be switching out more often so the stat drops concern you less.

Now since Starmie is Pursuit bait it can't escape from this Scizor.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
For Jolteon, I'm not really crazy about the Substitute, but thats me. I usually do Bulky Jolteon with the same EV's, natures and trait but I run this moveset:

-Wish
-Protect/Heal Bell
-Toxic
-Thunderbolt or Discharge for the toxic immune stuff.

Its not super duper amazing at killing stuff but its meant to come in Wish, switch to the weakened pokemon. Heal bell is for removing conditions on other pokemon on your team. Toxic is Toxic. Protect is kinda useless but it has its own purposes for toxic stalling. T-Bolt is to do damage to crap like Gyara and Starmie and other such nusances.

Also, use the CB Set that FreakyLocz described and you need to have 252atk/252spe on scizor or else its pretty bad.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Well your team is very condition weak so you need some sort of status absorber that can still kinda-sorta damage, since you already have a Gyarados on your team, I have a suggestion:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
Impish Nature
248HP/248Def/12Spe
-Waterfall
-Roar
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Basically, if you predict a condition coming, sleep powder, toxic, what have you, switch in on Gyarados, and use rest. To cure the condition and do some damage with your bulkiness. For T-Wave prediction, usually from Blissey, switch to Jolteon for HP regaining.

Also: Scizor wants the CB set mentioned by FreakyLocz. Or, If you do go with a SD Scizor to sweep use a Life Orb, its way more useful than leftovers. And, even though roost is great and we all love it so much, Scizors ideal place is to kill as much as fast as possible, and roost could be replaced with any other damaging move, I reccomend pursuit to hurt and/or OHKO ghosts and really hurt Blissey on the switch.

For Jolteon, I'm not really crazy about the Substitute, but thats me. I usually do Bulky Jolteon with the same EV's, natures and trait but I run this moveset:

-Wish
-Protect/Heal Bell
-Toxic

Its not super duper amazing at killing stuff but its meant to come in Wish, switch to the weakened pokemon. Heal bell is good for waking Gyara from sleep and removing conditions on other pokemon on your team. Toxic is Toxic. Protect is kinda useless but it has its own purposes for toxic stalling. T-Bolt is to do damage to crap like Gyara and Starmie and other such nusances.

How is he status weak when Jolteon can take T-Waves, Heatran absorbs Burns and Toxic, and Scizor and Gengar can also take Toxic? Really all he has to worry about is Sleep, which really is now only used with Breloom and Roserade in OU, both of which this team can dispatch quite easily bar Scarf Variants.

Also Sub from Jolteon blocks status like sleep.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday

-Wish
-Protect/Heal Bell
-Toxic

Its not super duper amazing at killing stuff but its meant to come in Wish, switch to the weakened pokemon. Heal bell is for removing conditions on other pokemon on your team. Toxic is Toxic. Protect is kinda useless but it has its own purposes for toxic stalling. T-Bolt is to do damage to crap like Gyara and Starmie and other such nusances.

Also, use the CB Set that FreakyLocz described and you need to have 252atk/252spe on scizor or else its pretty bad.

?_____________?

LOLno, 252 speed is terrible on Scizor. Its ko'd by switching into Draco Meteor from Latias, CB Tar 2hko's it with Crunch and so many other moves kill you its stupid. That and 248 HP let you live a flamethrower from Blissey even with SR up..

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
[/B]

?_____________?

LOLno, 252 speed is terrible on Scizor. Its ko'd by switching into Draco Meteor from Latias, CB Tar 2hko's it with Crunch and so many other moves kill you its stupid. That and 248 HP let you live a flamethrower from Blissey even with SR up..

Huh, well what do you know, thats why my scizor's die so fast rofl....

MissHawthorne

Competitive Battler
Years
The use of MysticGar and Heatran together is similar to a combination I use of Alakazam (Protect / HP Fire) and Magnezone; instead of Heatran or Jolteon, consider using this Magnezone:

[SET]
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Charge Beam
move 3: Thunderbolt
move 4: Hidden Power Ice / Flash Cannon
item: Leftovers
ability: Magnet Pull
nature: Modest
evs: 224 HP / 24 Def / 32 SpA / 144 SpD / 84 Spe

The idea is to use Alakazam, or Gengar in this case, to lure out Scizor, Choice Scarf Jirachi, opposing choice scarf Magnezone, Bronzong, Choice Band/Scarf Metagross, etc etc; you protect to scout their attacks. In the case of Earthquake, Superpower or Pursuit from Scizor and Metagross, you stay in and attack (or in the case of the former two, switch to Gyarados), in the case of Bullet Punch / Meteor Mash / Gyro Ball / Ice Punch / Thunderpunch / Iron Head / Zen Headbutt etc, you switch to Magnezone. They're trapped, and assuming the choice item, they're locked into an attack which can't break your substitute! Scizor's CB Bullet Punch is a 3HKO on your sub, while leftovers heals 18.75% of your HP over the duration of the three hits. It's simple; throw a sub up and start using charge beam to boost your special attack AND KO the opposing steel simultaneously; the opponent's next switch in is facing a Magnezone with most of its health, behind a substitute, and with on average about +3 special attack. Ice / Electric has the famous coverage, but Flash Cannon is more useful for KOing things like Tyranitar and Mamoswine.

Years
Thanks for the rates guys.

This team loses to Latias a lot, any idea for how to counter it?

you could bring in a bulky steel type that resists psy/dragon attacks like a magnezone with a defensive oriented EV set. Or just anticipate it and use that gengar of yours or use swampert since latias usually doesnt carry a grass move (not counting HP)

Back