• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Oh i see, using the old images for a new attack, ok.

2 more simple questions

1rst)How do i CREATE (not remake) a new type? like space-type pokemons with its weaknesses and its superiorness(if that word exists)
2nd) How do i ADD a new attack data? this time im talking about images, but data...

Note: Sorry if im asking too much, or asking complicated questions, you guys dont have answer any of 'em, but if you feel like, yay!

and by the way karatekid, i see you've been REALLY helpful in this thread, and i really want to thank you for all your help

1) I have no clue how you would create one, my best guess is there is a table somewhere that would need expanding. For type matchups I found a program by FinalZero called Type Resistance Editor that can alter the effectiveness of one type over another. This might help you.

2)This is fun and requires a lot of hex editing. You will need to repoint both the table that contains the attack animations as well as their data and expand it to add in your new attacks.

These tutorials and research threads should help:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281520
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=263479
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=290135

And thank you for your compliment:)

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Thanks once again!, i beleive there's no more questions, thaaaanks!

Oh wait, heeere goes the questioning again D:

Is there any program where i can change the pokemon icon? the one you see when you go to: Start>POKéMON, the icon you see in the pokemon inventory?

I have Wichu's icon editor but i dont see where i can import the image

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Okay people, so I have tried to expand the Pokedex.
So I changed the bytes at 0x88EA4, 0x103920 and 0x104C28 to 0x182 (386) which expands the dex by 1 to test.
I also compiled the ASM routines that Jambo posted in his Pokedex Expanding thread: the Malloc routine and the Seen/Caught Flag repoint routine.
However, my starter does not register as 'caught', instead becoming a Treecko.
I'm not sure if this goes here, but if you can help, that'd be great.

Edit: Other problems I have seen are that:
My 'new pokemon' is counted as an Illumise.
The Type/Smallest/Lightest/A-Z modes do not work, but I'm not concerned about those right now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Is there any way to delete the animation from a block?

I've modified the Mauville City tiles, but a large part of the block i've used have an animation associated (flower or water tipically)...how can i remove it for show only my image?

Thanks

karatekid552

Years
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
ok so i have been watching a video for scripting, and apparently this test ode worked for the dude but i get to the point where i talk to the guy and the text will NOT show up.

#dynamic 0x800190

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 '"Hey there!\nHow are you?\pWhat's yo..."
release
end

#org @talk1
= Hey there!\nHow are you?\pWhat's you name?\p[player]?\nThats a cool name!

lol nevermind i forgot about the "callstd 0x6" its working now

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
ok so i have been watching a video for scripting, and apparently this test ode worked for the dude but i get to the point where i talk to the guy and the text will NOT show up.

#dynamic 0x800190

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 '"Hey there!\nHow are you?\pWhat's yo..."
release
end

#org @talk1
= Hey there!\nHow are you?\pWhat's you name?\p[player]?\nThats a cool name!

lol nevermind i forgot about the "callstd 0x6" its working now

You should just delete your post if you fixed it by yourself :)
In future, if you can tell us what scripting language you're using and what version you're hacking, it'll help your helpers a great deal. Also, you can just use #dynamic 0x800000 rather than 0x800190 (the same effect would occur).

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Thanks another time to karatekid, but i've another problem.

1. I wanted to change the script entering the safari, but does not compile. So i've re-pasted the original code...and don't compile too! The problem is now the code is not working, how can i restore the default one? Also in other offset, no problem. I'm using PKSV, maybe with XSE will work?

2. Is there a way to add a PokeBlock (not the case, just the pokeblock) by script, without using berries?

Thanks a lot

karatekid552

Years
Thanks another time to karatekid, but i've another problem.

1. I wanted to change the script entering the safari, but does not compile. So i've re-pasted the original code...and don't compile too! The problem is now the code is not working, how can i restore the default one? Also in other offset, no problem. I'm using PKSV, maybe with XSE will work?

2. Is there a way to add a PokeBlock (not the case, just the pokeblock) by script, without using berries?

Thanks a lot

1. Find the script in a clean rom and replace it. I personally use XSE, but I know FBI agent uses PKSV so it is your own personal prefrerence. Give both a try and pick which one you like best.

2. Most likely it is created by a special. Look at JPAN's Study on the Special and Special2 Commands and see if it is in there.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
In a clean rom the safari script does not compile :shocked:

Why not just use the Safari script rather than recompile it? Also, if you want to recompile an existing script (for whatever reason) you should define a dyn offset. I.e:

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
--rest--

Remember if you modified the script you need to repoint the body of the section you modified. I.E:

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
jump 0x816D36D

#org 0x816D36D
msgbox @text
callstd MSG_NORMAL
'Say I were to add another movement here like this:
'applymovement PLAYER @surprised
'pauseevent 0x0
'I would need to change 0x816D36D to an offset with free space, or to something like @new
release
end

#org @surprised
m say_!! end

#org @text
= Heyo!

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Is there any program where i can change the pokemon icon? the one you see when you go to: Start>POKéMON, the icon you see in the pokemon inventory?

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2022
I don't think I asked my question right last time, so here goes trying to rephrase it.

In YAPE, where there is a limitation on how many total moves all Pokemon can learn (which is 3972), how can I increase that limit? Is it very complicated to do (involving a lot of hex editing)?

Thanks

karatekid552

Years
I asked this question while ago but nobody answered. What setflags are available in emerald? That is all I am wondering.

This is all we know for now. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291605 Try finding some on your own by taking a completed save file and checking flags.

It is in one of the top menus.

I don't think I asked my question right last time, so here goes trying to rephrase it.

In YAPE, where there is a limitation on how many total moves all Pokemon can learn (which is 3972), how can I increase that limit? Is it very complicated to do (involving a lot of hex editing)?

Thanks

No way in YAPE, but it can be done in PGE. I answered this question in far more detail just a week or two ago, most likely for someone else. Look back through the last ten or so pages or use the handy-dandy search bar.:D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2022
No way in YAPE, but it can be done in PGE. I answered this question in far more detail just a week or two ago, most likely for someone else. Look back through the last ten or so pages or use the handy-dandy search bar.:D

What part of PGE do you use to do that? Is it the attack editor or something else? I'm having trouble finding your other answer to the question (this thread is really dense).

Years
Yo!
I started making some tiles lately and just had this problem when I enter a door or get out from a door the bottom of the houses I made myself become messy, screenshots in spoiler:
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Solved but weird... (I noticed that those tiles that get messed up shared same thing which is that they were in the end of the tileset, so I moved them and now everything works just fine. Sorry if I made you read for nothing...)

EDIT #2: Well... Since I came here might as well ask if anyone knows how do the door animations, grass animation and such work exactly? f.e. if I want to modify the grass animation, where should I go? Thanks again. :] (inb4 EDIT #3..... >.>)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back