• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DirectX question

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
I recently downloaded the set up for WonderKing Online and one of the requirements for it is DirectX 9. Is there i website where i can download Directx 9 for free? Please post the link for it here.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
You can download it here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/ just click download latest version.

Though if you're running Windows Vista or 7 you don't need to download directX 9 seeing as they run directX 10 or greater.
I believe you do need DX9 to run games without DX10 support, since DX10 is a complete rewrite of DX9 and isn't backwards compatible. I could be completely wrong, though.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I recently downloaded the set up for WonderKing Online and one of the requirements for it is DirectX 9. Is there i website where i can download Directx 9 for free? Please post the link for it here.

Considering that:
  • DirectX 11 comes with 7 (or upgrading it on Vista).
  • DirectX 10 comes with Vista.
  • DirectX 9.0c comes with XP SP2 or later.
If you're either using 98, ME or 2000 (whatever edition/SP), here you can find the official DirectX 9.0c download. Which is the latest build.

Spoiler:

If you want to know what DirectX version is currently installed: Start > Run, then type"dxdiag" (without quotes), and press Enter/click OK.

Years
You will have to go to update.microsoft.com to go get it, though. Or click the official link that the poster above you posted.

I believe you do need DX9 to run games without DX10 support, since DX10 is a complete rewrite of DX9 and isn't backwards compatible. I could be completely wrong, though.

From experience, it seems moreso that DX10 is only partially backwards compatible (because some of the core stuff may still be the same from DX9 to DX10 and DX11), which would explain the hit-or-miss stuff with running software that will run in an XP environment on Vista or 7.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
You should be good to go... but if you have issues installing it, try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Hopefully someone else will help you if that happens, because I don't have the time to type up what to do right now.

Thanks for the help pal n_n

Back