• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Bushido

xShigure

Pokémon Bushido Director
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2010
The Story

Celebi, the time skip Pokémon. Said to appear only in times of peace. Your family has guarded its sacred tree since the beginning of its existence. As a child you were versed on its history in hopes that you would become the next Guardian. As most teenagers however your decision is to rebel. On the day of your "Renaissance" you run away from the shrine, and somehow find yourself lost in the woods. You eventually find yourself infront of the Sacred Tree, after a certain event all turns black, when you awake everything seems the same. But upon further investigation you find that you've been sent back to the age of the Samurai, right in the middle of "The Great War" between the Samurai and Ninja clans.

Plot Summary

You the character are the son/daughter of a family of Guardians, protecting the Pokémon Celebi. The game begins at your families shrine where your grandfather explains the duties of a Guardian and shows you how to handle Pokémon. Afterward you go through a small side quest that sets you up for your adventure, collecting items such as your bag, pokedex, and journal. Along the way the events leading to your rebellious nature become relevant, and even show why you leave in the first place.

When you decide to run away your character will try to escape from the shrine, knocking into a small statue on the way out, a statue which has been explained in previous scenes. The statue will accidentally fall into your bag and will later come into play during your adventure.

When you reach the tree in the forest you will encounter Celebi after angrily kicking its tree. It will appear around you and after some dialog the screen will fade to black. That is when Celebi will time warp you and leave you in the forest sometime in the past. The tree will play a major part in the game as well as the statue, and a few other items.

The Worlds

Currently there will only be one region to this game. One region sounds boring to most but there is a twist involved. It may be one region, but it will be played from two times.
The past and present of the world.

Note:The region itself has not yet been named, but will be soon.

The Pokémon

An estimated 80+ Fakemon will be created for the "Past World" of this region. They will, hopefully, be the ONLY Pokémon you deal with there.

The original Pokémon will be included, don't fret, but they will only be obtainable after completing the "Past World"

The System

Battling is taking a whole new spin!

Samurai: "Pokéballs? Never heard of em, I'm a Samurai and I'mma train Pokémon like one!"

Unlike the present people had to make due with what they had, they didn't have advanced machines to do the job for them. So how do you catch a Pokémon in some world that has no means of projecting a red light that sucks an unsuspecting creature into a tiny spherical object? Easy!

Contract Card!

A "technology" made to counteract the Spell Tags used by the warring ninja clans. These contract cards are just as their name implies, a card that boinds a Pokémon into a contract with a master. When a Pokémon is not needed or is just simply being touted around it remains in the contract card. These cards cannot be ripped or destroyed, unless done so by their master, or a user of secret arts. When a card is destroyed or if the master of the card has no living heirs the Pokémon within is released back to the wild. To bring a Pokémon out it requires only a simple summoning technique. Some people can only carry a certain amount of cards due to their "inner power". The most known to be carried around is six, and even that can be difficult.

Note: I've created a preview for the cards, but since I can't post urls just yet I've put it in my sig.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: This post will be updated throughout the week while I work on every aspect to show you all my idea. Please be patient while I work on it all.

Last edited:

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
The idea seems great. I especially like how you are getting rid of pokeballs. It makes this game very unique. Also one region is not to short. Look at most of the games like R/S/E or FR/LG and even D/P/P. One thing I would add is the family history, like how they got entrusted to guard Celebi.

xShigure

Pokémon Bushido Director
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2010
Yeah I'm personally fine with one, but I'm not sure if everyone else is.
I just have to decide on how to run the storyline for both past and present.
I have an interesting idea for it, but that's a secret for now.

The history is a good idea, I'll post that here.
I have to work on it anyway if I want any of the game to make sense XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The contract card in your album looks a bit too modern... If you've travelled back in time, shouldn't the cards look old-fashioned (maybe written on parchment or something)?

Anyway, why are the samurai fighting the ninja? Do they use Pokémon, or do they actually fight with swords etc?
Surely, to enter a contract, the Pokémon has to trust the trainer... It would be weird if you could just go out into the wild and force Pokémon to enter contracts. What does the Pokémon get out of it? Contract implies that both parties benefit in some way. And finally, how would you use them to catch Pokémon? Similarly to Poké Balls? If so, what would cause them to fail and the Pokémon to break free?
And what are these Spell Tags? Surely you can't be referring to the item that boosts Ghost-type moves by 20%...

xShigure

Pokémon Bushido Director
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2010
I know it seems modern, but its not the final idea for it. I'm actually making multiple versions and I plan on having a poll to see which works best.

The ninja fighting the samurai is gonna be explained within the story, mainly started by a dispute from the missing princess of a fuedal lord. It'll be explained more extensively in the game but I'm not sure if I wanna throw that out there just yet till I have things more organized.

No the contract won't involve "trusting" the trainer, at least not to initiate the contract itself. Creating a contract is more dominance. By fighting the wild pokemon and showing you're stronger it'll create a respect from dominance. This will allow for the contract to be made, and then further on the trust will come into play. The trust is important, dont get me wrong, but its not required for the cards capturing ability. USING the pokemon however does require the trust, which will be explained when I can get a screen up to show how it works.

As for the catch and fail portion the idea is that if the pokemon doesnt feel you're worthy it'll escape. I think the best example of this type of system would be Card Captor Sakura. When she sealed a card it was merely a matter of being stronger and thus capturing the card. If the card was too strong or didnt want to be sealed it merely escaped from the card.

The benefits of the contract will be shown in a mini game, I haven't figured out how to do it yet but I know what I wanna do for it. Think of it like a breeding game, taking care of the pokemon in a small area, letting it roam around and earning its affection by treating it well.

Finally no I dont mean the ghost spell tags. Spell tags are the counterpart of contract cards. Spell tags are an alternate way of summoning pokemon. For ninja the tags are just thrown out onto the field and summoned with hand signs.

Back